bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Owens,and Cowboys reach deal

Report: Owens, Cowboys reach deal
    Irving, TX (Sports Network) - The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly reached an agreement in principle with wide receiver Terrell Owens.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the team is expected to officially announce the signing of the mercurial free agent in the next few days.

After a tumultuous two-year tenure in Philadelphia, the Eagles cut Owens on Tuesday to avoid paying him a $5 million roster bonus.

Owens was suspended or inactive for the final nine games of the 2005 season because of constant problems with the Eagles front office, head coach Andy Reid and teammates, beginning with an off-season desire to have his contract renegotiated.

Philadelphia gave Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade during the offseason but was unable to find any suitors, especially with the likelihood he would be released.

The talented yet troublesome wideout finished last season with 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns over seven games.

Philadelphia acquired Owens from the San Francisco 49ers in March 2004. His first season with the club was a huge success, as the 6-foot-3 wideout hauled in 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns in 14 games. The Eagles won the NFC Championship that season, and in a Super Bowl loss to the New England Patriots, Owens came back from an ankle injury to catch nine passes for 122 yards in the game.

Immediately following the 2004 season, Owens fired agent David Joseph and made Rosenhaus his new agent. Owens then went on to criticize his quarterback Donovan McNabb and ask Eagles management to restructure his seven-year contract.

The Eagles refused to discuss Owens' contract, but the veteran did report to training camp on time. However, Philadelphia head coach Andy Reid sent Owens home for one week during the summer for conduct detrimental to the team.

For his career, the 10-year veteran has played in 142 games with the Eagles and 49ers and has 716 catches for 10,535 yards with 101 touchdowns.

Of all of Owens' on-field antics throughout his career, arguably the most memorable came against the Cowboys, when he defiantly stood on the star at midfield after scoring a touchdown while with the 49ers.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

It will be interesting to see the terms of this contract.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is inevitably one of things that will end with Jim Rome saying, "Wow, who could have seen that coming. Well, except everyone not named Jerry Jones."

bigboydan

i want to see how the cowboys fans take to him. as you guys know, they still hate him for that "star" incident.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i want to see how the cowboys fans take to him. as you guys know, they still hate him for that "star" incident.
    They will forget about all that, with the type of player he is. He can excel that team to the top of the NFC East. As much of a piece of sheit TO is, he is still a great wide receiver.

bigboydan

i think it's gonna be bledsoe that makes or breaks T.O.

i just don't think that bledsoe has enough gas in the tank left to make him the attention whore that T.O. is.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. Bledsoe has to go.

But I love TO. What do I care about his antics? Not my problem. The dude is money!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Well we will see how Bledsoe does this year, he cant have no excuse about not having a good receiver. He is either right on, or way off. Bledsoe is washed up, and they need to find someone else to run the offense.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Dallas gets a QB they are Super Bowl contenders! Bledsoe stinks
    BAD!!

bigboydan

i'm not convinced about that QB theroy of yours IMG. I feel the cowboys need a few more defensive players, as well as a better QB before i can agree.

imgv94

They were pretty competitive last year BBD. Owens might put them over
    the top. I feel this is going to be a weak year for the NFC again. What team
    in the NFC really stands out? Dallas and Washington look like the 2 teams
    in the NFC right now.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    They were pretty competitive last year BBD. Owens might put them over
    the top. I feel this is going to be a weak year for the NFC again. What team
    in the NFC really stands out? Dallas and Washington look like the 2 teams
    in the NFC right now.
    Yes they will battle for the East along with the Giants, but you still have Carolina and Seattle in the weak NFC.

So those maybe the five teams that battle it out for the NFC. With maybe Atlanta and Chicago (weak division) to be around the top all year.

Washington just scares me with their inability to score. They had some pitiful playoff games last season.

imgv94

Team that loses the Super Bowl hasn't made the playoffs in years. Seattle
    will continue that trend. Alexander signed a huge contract so now he
    will get injured early in the season.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

TO is worth two or three extra wins next year. He will be a good citizen at least in his first year in Dallas.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newbie, been hanging out reading and stealing good
    caps for about two months now. Big Cowboys fan
    and can not wait to see TO wearing the star next
    season. Cowboys win it all now and if you don't think
    so then your an idiot.

ORO1960
    ORO1960's Avatar Become A Pro!

your the idiot if you dont think owen will f\*\*k the cowgirls some how

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!

Oh yea, you really hurt me with the cowgirls
    remark. Come up with something original and
    may be some one will take you serious. Terell
    Owens is going to take Dallas into the playoffs
    and to the Super Bowl. The Boys will win
    there 5th ring and get a 6th one before the
    cheating Stealers get another one and you
    can take that to the bank.

bigboydan

come on guys. keep this discussion civil please.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If a hurt McNabb was too static for TO's liking last season, what do you think will happen with 'Mr. Immobility' Bledsoe? The guy can't move. You don't get very far with QB protection alone. Teams are going to blitz against Dallas like you wouldn't believe it. It's either pounding Bledsoe or watching him throw to TO. Cowboys will need a small miracle for Bledsoe not to get injured.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!

Every team needs some luck not to get there
    QB hurt. Dallas is not different just to many
    of you hate the Cowboys because your
    jealous of them. Every team wanted TO but
    my 'Boys was the only one with big enough
    balls to sign him.

bigboydan

now that the cowbays have a big WR threat. i think parcells will have to open up his offense more this year some how.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    now that the cowbays have a big WR threat. i think parcells will have to open up his offense more this year some how.
    I think that's a safe assumption.