bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Network , ESPN discussing a partnership

If this deal does indeed happen. Then the NFL as we know it will change forever, in regards to there TV contracts. I mean the rights stations pay will drop drastically to the point it will become monopolized.

NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL Network and Walt Disney Co.'s ESPN are in talks about forming a partnership, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

A deal could end a long standoff between the league and cable carriers, some of whom said the NFL was asking them to pay too much for its programming.

The NFL's discussions with Disney are being led by Steven Bornstein, the head of the NFL's cable network who is also a previous chairman of ESPN and president of the ABC network, which is also owned by Disney, the Journal reported.

ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys declined to comment on the report but said the network has "a long-term and extensive relationship with the NFL and to that end we are always in discussions with them about mutual projects."

NFL Network spokesman Dennis Johnson also declined to say whether those specific talks were occurring, saying the company was "in talks with ESPN and our other broadcast partners all the time on a wide range of issues."

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I missed that one Crazyl. Then again you gotta cut me some slack, because you knew I was having computer issues durrng that time. duh

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I missed that one Crazyl. Then again you gotta cut me some slack, because you knew I was having computer issues durrng that time. duh
    Alright I suppose I can look past this.