SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb deflects concern over sore shoulder

THE STRANGE, little Donovan McNabb sore-shoulder saga seemed to be over when he threw extensively and well late last week, after Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg dismissed talk of a problem and McNabb took batting practice with the Phillies.

But McNabb's reps were limited yesterday, as another "organized team activity" took place on the sun-blasted NovaCare fields.

The quarterback, enticed into talking to reporters about Michael Strahan's retirement and McNabb's trip to Boston for Game 2 of the NBA Finals with team chairman Jeffrey Lurie, Brian Dawkins and Brian Westbrook, wasn't eager to discuss his shoulder.

Asked whether he was worried, McNabb, who added to his training regimen this offseason, said: "No. I know it'll get better."

Tantalyzing as that tidbit might have been, an attempt to follow it up was met by McNabb's quickly jumping into joke mode.

"We're talking about Strahan and we're talking about the Lakers," McNabb said. "Strahan has just signed a 10-day contract with the Lakers! We're not talking about anything that's going on here."

A reporter persisted, asking whether "it" - meaning yesterday's reduced schedule - was precautionary.

McNabb chose to pretend this was a Strahan question.

"To retire is not precautionary, it's taking care of your body," he said.
    He really is quite the smartass, isn't he?

Source

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you spend a whole season and a half deflecting T.O. questions ... the rest of your career with the media would tend to be something like this I think. Plus Eagles' players rarely give out info about anything along the lines of their coach who is as veiled as they come.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    When you spend a whole season and a half deflecting T.O. questions ... the rest of your career with the media would tend to be something like this I think. Plus Eagles' players rarely give out info about anything along the lines of their coach who is as veiled as they come.
    I hear ya but I still don't respect for him how he insinuated Pam Oliver was a liar for relaying some of his comments he thought were off the record.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'd like to see what McNabb could do if he stayed healthy for an entire season.