ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

NFL Refs are amazing!

I see all these threads bashing NFL refs, although lets be honest, they do an amazing job. Yes they are human, so they are going to miss some calls, but how many calls do they make perfectly, at full speed without the benefit of high def super slow mo?

If you've ever officiated a sport, you'll know what I mean. There are so many things that they need to watch for and get consistently right it surprises me. The spot of the ball, a catch, penalties, etc I could go on forever.

Like I said before, they are human, they won't get every call right. The way that some NFL rules are worded, instant replay may not help to correct a poor call. I think more frustration should be put into rules that cause the incorrect call to stand.

If you think officiating sports is so easy, go try it, I bet you quit out of frustration because of the verbal excuse and public scrutiny you have to endure. BTW this happens in all levels of sports, not just PRO and College. It goes down to high school and even youth games where parents just cannot control their emotions.

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Tend to agree here

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

NFL refs are top notch. It's more about the ambiguity of the ever changing interprations of NFL rules. It seems like every week, the NFL front office is trying to focus on a tweak here or there. The refs on the field are doing the best they can under these circumstances.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

nfl refs suck imo. Old people have bad eyesight so I dont know why you would use them. Its not like 20 years of experience is a good thing when it comes to reffing. You see a foul, call it. Most refs are old, slow and some even blind apparently.

Everyone always says "they are human," well if that is true then their senses degrade with time just like everyone else.
    Last edited by brooks85; 11-13-10 at 01:59 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^ i couldnt be anymore right

Old ref Garth was the one that needed a flag not Justin Smith