Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Mike Smith

How can this guy not know to go for 2 up 12 with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter? Almost cost him the game. These coaches go for 2 when they shouldn't and they don't when they should.

And the NFL Network announcers never mentioned it. And can Theisman be more wrong on every point he makes?
    Points Awarded:

AdrianMcPherson gave Seattle Slew 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheSportsBaron
    TheSportsBaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

In a low scoring game like that, every point was important...Going for just the extra point was 100% correct.

Welcome to NFL 101. Take a seat please.

Seattle Slew

That's BS. 11 minutes left you go for 2 every time. He loses the game without the late TD. What good is 13 points as opposed to 12?

Get a clue. Falcons backers would have been calling for this if they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsBaron View Post
    In a low scoring game like that, every point was important...Going for just the extra point was 100% correct.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I agree with the OP... it was late enough in the game where there wasn't much point to kicking the extra point to make it 13. There's no risk in blowing a 2-pt conversion for a 12-point lead but major value added by going up by 14.

AdrianMcPherson
    AdrianMcPherson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

1. Not all points are equal.

2. In that situation, go for it if you believe you have a greater than about a 17% probability of conversion. (The average conversion rate is 44%.)

- A.
    Last edited by AdrianMcPherson; 11-11-10 at 11:22 PM.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

mike smith is a great coach

top 5 for sure

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianMcPherson View Post
    1. Not all points are equal.

2. In that situation, go for it if you believe you have a greater than about a 17% probability of conversion. (The average conversion rate is 44%.)

- A.

Agreed, another bone headed comment from Thesportsbaron... I see a trend here

TheSportsBaron
    TheSportsBaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Agreed, another bone headed comment from Thesportsbaron... I see a trend here
    Awwwww, looks like I have a fan!...That's so cute.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Awwwww, looks like I have a fan!...That's so cute.

A) Smart and you know it
    B) Smart and you don't know it
    C) Dumb and you know it
    D) Dumb and you don't know it

You are DDDDDDDDDD Sportsbaron... and a spineless pussy too. So what are you good for? Nothing. Go kill yourself.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    A) Smart and you know it
    B) Smart and you don't know it
    C) Dumb and you know it
    D) Dumb and you don't know it

You are DDDDDDDDDD Sportsbaron... and a spineless pussy too. So what are you good for? Nothing. Go kill yourself.
    Cgold has already proven to be an idiot in another thread. I wouldn't sweat it. On to the next game.

FUpv
    FUpv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    That's BS. 11 minutes left you go for 2 every time. He loses the game without the late TD. What good is 13 points as opposed to 12?

Get a clue. Falcons backers would have been calling for this if they lost.

What good is 13 as opposed to 12? With 11 minutes in the 4th quarter there's still plenty of time to score points. You expect to score at least another FG from your 2 possessions that you'll receive. If you have a 13 point lead and Baltimore scores a TD, you're up 6. Assuming you kick at least a FG (again I will repeat this: with 11 mins left this is a very realistic possibility), you're up 2 scores since you're up 9 points.

Now assume you go for 2 and don't make it. You're up 12 when Baltimore scores a TD. Now you're up 5 and a FG puts you at an 8 point lead: you're up only 1 score.

With 11 minutes left in the game YOU NEVER GO for two! NEVER!

Seattle Slew

You're missing the point. The 2-point try puts them up 14, not 13. If they miss, they are still up 12, two-score game.

And I agree on Mike Smith. I think he is a Top 5 coach. Just questioning this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by FUpv View Post
    What good is 13 as opposed to 12? With 11 minutes in the 4th quarter there's still plenty of time to score points. You expect to score at least another FG from your 2 possessions that you'll receive. If you have a 13 point lead and Baltimore scores a TD, you're up 6. Assuming you kick at least a FG (again I will repeat this: with 11 mins left this is a very realistic possibility), you're up 2 scores since you're up 9 points.

Now assume you go for 2 and don't make it. You're up 12 when Baltimore scores a TD. Now you're up 5 and a FG puts you at an 8 point lead: you're up only 1 score.

With 11 minutes left in the game YOU NEVER GO for two! NEVER!
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 11-12-10 at 12:46 PM.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

mike smith great coach