Beachdude83
    Beachdude83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

A rule they have to change!!

I understand the bigger punishment for helmet to helmet hits. They wanna protect the players, I've seen some great hits since that were not helmet to helmet, and you can still hit a running back that way, Im cool with that.

But by far the worst rule in the NFL is hitting the QB in the head. Nok I understand not flying in from the back and hitting helmet to helmet. But players literally now cannot hit the QB in the head with any part of their body. Last I checked, no QB ever has been hurt from a hand slapping their helmet, ever. This was apparent with the manning call last night, and I have seen many similar calls over the last few years. If its not going to hurt the player, then the is no reason for it to be a personal foul and an auto first down when the defender is trying to slap the ball out of the QBs hands. Worst rule ever, period.

TheSportsBaron
    TheSportsBaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

I swear, it kills me that people don't understand why QBs are so protected in the NFL. For starters, the action of throwing a football leaves the thrower exposed to, and unable to defend themselves, from the hard hits from the amazing athletes of today.

QBs (especially ones with the last name Manning) are the life-blood of the NFL. They are the reason Joe Public watches, they are the reason Joe Public buys the tickets, they are the reason Joe Public buys NFL Sunday Ticket.

They NFL will do everything that they can to protect the QB (Brady Rule, no hand to the helmet, touchy roughing the passer calls), whether it's fair to you or not. End of story.

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsBaron View Post
    I swear, it kills me that people don't understand why QBs are so protected in the NFL. For starters, the action of throwing a football leaves the thrower exposed to, and unable to defend themselves, from the hard hits from the amazing athletes of today.

QBs (especially ones with the last name Manning) are the life-blood of the NFL. They are the reason Joe Public watches, they are the reason Joe Public buys the tickets, they are the reason Joe Public buys NFL Sunday Ticket.

They NFL will do everything that they can to protect the QB (Brady Rule, no hand to the helmet, touchy roughing the passer calls), whether it's fair to you or not. End of story.
    Word word word!

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1278

The new rule is for protection but what about the people who live near a nuclear plant that are not anywhere near the White House who are "Joe Public"

What ever happened to the players from the 50's/60's

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Beachdude83 View Post
    I Had the Eagles -3 on Sunday and I'm still pissed off
    Fixed it for people that want the short version.

jahred6999
    jahred6999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got fraud charges made on my card

Beachdude83
    Beachdude83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

I understand that the QBs are important and need to have a lot of protection but no QB in history has ever been injured from a hand to the helmet. How is it protecting if they can't get hurt from it?