thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Trap city

Living in Boston (and a Pats fan) I am pretty knowledgeable about Patriots camp whether I'm on 'em or again 'em. They have been playing very well lately but winning very ugly; nonetheless winning is all they care about so all is good. This week I am not sure if there was a worse spot for them than this one. This is an Earl of Sangwhich game between the Mosskings and the Steelers on deck. I am a big believer in situations and not crunching too many numbers. The Patriots want to win ugly and in doing that play close games because they have one of the best clutch QB's in NFL history and when the chips are down the other guy will choke. The Pats have been favored one other time on the road (Miami was a pick) this year and we know how that turned out. The Browns are better than people think and whether they win or not is irrelevant because I cannot see the Patriots covering the 5.5 in this game on the road. Brownies with the week to prepare and Mangini's dislike like for the head coach of the Patriots (I forget his name) get the cover in my opinion. One notch below a game of the year as I had 4 of those last week.

Browns +5.5

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

thanks for the info... I was thinking the same thing...

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Living in Boston (and a Pats fan) I am pretty knowledgeable about Patriots camp whether I'm on 'em or again 'em. They have been playing very well lately but winning very ugly; nonetheless winning is all they care about so all is good. This week I am not sure if there was a worse spot for them than this one. This is an Earl of Sangwhich game between the Mosskings and the Steelers on deck. I am a big believer in situations and not crunching too many numbers. The Patriots want to win ugly and in doing that play close games because they have one of the best clutch QB's in NFL history and when the chips are down the other guy will choke. The Pats have been favored one other time on the road (Miami was a pick) this year and we know how that turned out. The Browns are better than people think and whether they win or not is irrelevant because I cannot see the Patriots covering the 5.5 in this game on the road. Brownies with the week to prepare and Mangini's dislike like for the head coach of the Patriots (I forget his name) get the cover in my opinion. One notch below a game of the year as I had 4 of those last week.

Browns +5.5
    So you're a Pats fan living in Boston, but you forget the name of the head coach?

Its Bill Belichick btw....

And Mangini might hate Bill, but it goes the other way too... Mangini is the one who got the Pats in trouble for Spygate, even though Mangini (and plenty of other coaches) was doing the same exact thing. Bill is not exactly a fan of Man-gina, and he will do everything he can to embarass him this week

rsnnh12

BTW, I agree that this will be a tough week, and the Browns should keep it close. Very easily could be a blowout though, if the Pats can get to McCoy early and get in his head. Nobody does that better than the Pats (ok, and the Steelers)

thebestthereis

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    So you're a Pats fan living in Boston, but you forget the name of the head coach?

Its Bill Belichick btw....

And Mangini might hate Bill, but it goes the other way too... Mangini is the one who got the Pats in trouble for Spygate, even though Mangini (and plenty of other coaches) was doing the same exact thing. Bill is not exactly a fan of Man-gina, and he will do everything he can to embarass him this week
    i know about 100 head coaches (including every single head coach in the pros) within high school, college and pro, if you didn't get my sarcasm i am sorry. i have met bill before and most of the players. it has nothing to do with my opinion on this game though.

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

scary play. but you might be right. gl

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Some serious RLM on this play - most books have it at 4.5 now.

rsnnh12

i know about 100 head coaches (including every single head coach in the pros) within high school, college and pro, if you didn't get my sarcasm i am sorry. i have met bill before and most of the players. it has nothing to do with my opinion on this game though.
    Guess I completely missed the sarcasm lol. With some of the crap people post here, I've grown accustomed to assuming people are full of shit

And like I said, I agree with you. The Pats have not played THAT well, despite winning games. What gives me some hope is how well the defense did against AD the other night... Hillis matches up better for the Pats as well, as it seems more elusive backs do better against our young defense. Big and strong is something the Pats D can combat IMHO.
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 11-02-10 at 12:37 PM.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I picked up on the sarcasm.

TheSportsBaron
    TheSportsBaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't stop imagining Mangini shitting his pants knowing he has to take the field against Belichick.

Pats cover this one easy.

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

Browns ML is the play, browns actually have good defense and should've beaten a good KC and Tampa team early in the season.

thebestthereis

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Guess I completely missed the sarcasm lol. With some of the crap people post here, I've grown accustomed to assuming people are full of shit

And like I said, I agree with you. The Pats have not played THAT well, despite winning games. What gives me some hope is how well the defense did against AD the other night... Hillis matches up better for the Pats as well, as it seems more elusive backs do better against our young defense. Big and strong is something the Pats D can combat IMHO.
    LOL no problem I am sarcastic a lot On a serious not this is by no means a lock but it stuck out to me as I like these types of situations. The books cannot make the spread 3 or say 2.5 or they would monster one-sided action. They know they will get public money at 6 or under but I think the sharps will take the Browns. I hope the Pats win by 1.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

where exactly did you meet bill belichick and some of the players....

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Ya browns show up for this game. I think they cover if not win the game

thebestthereis

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    where exactly did you meet bill belichick and some of the players....
    at the stadium a couple years back, my cousin's aunt is married to scott zolak and we were able to meet some of them. it was just brief, i did not go to anyone's house party and they don't know me.

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree w SportsBaron..... Patriots are focused, their D is just getting better.. Brady now has Hernandez to throw to and Belichick will crap down Mangini's throat...... who he really dislikes....

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena69ers View Post
    Agree w SportsBaron..... Patriots are focused, their D is just getting better.. Brady now has Hernandez to throw to and Belichick will crap down Mangini's throat...... who he really dislikes....
    Sounds good--you've got me convinced!

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

The Patriots want to win ugly and in doing that play close games because they have one of the best clutch QB's in NFL history and when the chips are down the other guy will choke.
    buddy, put the pipe down, Brady sure has been choking big time in big games ever since his master stopped cheating. I doubt these fuckers would have won those 2 super bowls if they had not cheated since they only won them by a just FG, when they did not cheat vs the NYG Brady took it in the ass and lost

As for your write up trap city or whatever, dont forget Belicheat and Mangini dont like each other, I dont think Belidick wants mangini to pentrate him
    Last edited by Scorpion; 11-04-10 at 04:45 PM.

thebestthereis

jets fan, hahaha. i do agree brady sucks and is lucky.

thebestthereis

brady sucks even more now, what a joke the patriots are. i cannot believe this team even won one game this year.