bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raider QB Woes

Collins has officially been cut, and now the rumor is that the Raiders may be trying to work a swap with the Jets.

Oakland apparently wants to sneak up to No. 4 to snag Vince Young, and NY wants to drop down to No. 7 and would pick Jay Cutler. Think it'll happen?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Well Im sure they can pick up Marcus Vick with out doing a swap and save their picks. He would be a great fit in Oaktown. Now only if they could pick up TO, that team would be great.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

It amazing to me that these millionares and people that make these decisions for a living can even seriously think of taking Vince Young early in Round One.

If he does not want to play receiver, I wouldn't even think of taking him on DAY 1 of the draft. Guys like him don't work out in the NFL. To succeed in the NFL, you have to be a pocket passer than can process info. quickly. You can't run around like in college and a wide open reciver in the NFL is open for a half second; not a standing targer like he had in college.

Simply amazing these millionares would seriously consider this. It's like they think his arm will "come around". Doesn't work like that.

Lets see, Vick, Aaron Brooks, McNabb, Mchurt, Culpepper w/o Moss

OR Manning, Brady, Palmer.

Tough choice, isn't it?

I think this is a very, very weak QB draft class, but you have to look at who in this class is most similar to Manning, Brady, and Palmer who are without a doubt the top 3 quarterbacks in the NFL.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Well Im sure they can pick up Marcus Vick with out doing a swap and save their picks. He would be a great fit in Oaktown. Now only if they could pick up TO, that team would be great.
    Damn looker, you are on the ball today. It makes perfect sense.