bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Early Leans for week 9

I'm leaning jets, patriots, and Packers.

If the Redskins could just do the basics they would have beaten the lions. I lost a lot of money on the Redskins last week, and I don't plan on losing another big play. The Jets will not give up 4 touchdowns to a QB like Stafford. The Jets looked bad in sundays loss to the packers but on the bright side they didn't allow a td to one of the better offenses in the league. Jets -3.5

While the Browns are coming off an extremely surprising win over the saints, they're still the browns.. and they're playing arguably the best team in the nfl.. no write up needed. Patriots - 5.5 seems like a great play.

The packers are coming off their most impressive win of the year, the cowboys coming of their worst loss of the year... these teams are moving in vastly opposite directions. This was supposed to be a preview of a great playoff matchup, but no more. Romo is out and the Cowboys defense is just awful. The packers kept their end of the bargain, and look to remain the best team in the NFC. The line at most places is at 8, but if you consider how poor the Cowboys looked against the Jags, coupled with the home field advantage of Lambeau that 8 looks like a gift. If you want to buy it down to 7 or 6.5 I don't blame you, but I think GB wins this game by double digits.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I think I'm gonna jump on Jets (-4). After getting shut out vs. Green Bay last week, they are gonna put up at least 30 on the Lions.

30-6 the final.

bretb27

lol I don't know about 30 - 6 but I'll take it! I see more of a 24 - 10 type game.. ground and pound for the jets, the time of possession should favor the Jets by a lot

NYSportsGuy210

Dude the Jets defense is no joke. You think a pissed off offense and top 3 defense can't hold Detroit to single digits?

Either way Jets (-4) is a no -brainer here.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Know the difference between divisional games and non divisional games is important.
    Last edited by GunShard; 11-02-10 at 07:13 PM.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Dude the Jets defense is no joke. You think a pissed off offense and top 3 defense can't hold Detroit to single digits? Either way Jets (-4) is a no -brainer here.
    How many times have we heard the "oh they are going to be pissed off" line. Players are not like the fans. lol Remember when NE got smacked around by the Jets? Everyone said they were going to "take it out" on BUF. Guess what. They almost lost to the Bills.

DET is going to put up a much better fight than ppl think. I'm leaning towards taking the points after the public pound the Jets. They matchup pretty well in this one.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    How many times have we heard the "oh they are going to be pissed off" line. Players are not like the fans. lol Remember when NE got smacked around by the Jets? Everyone said they were going to "take it out" on BUF. Guess what. They almost lost to the Bills.

DET is going to put up a much better fight than ppl think. I'm leaning towards taking the points after the public pound the Jets. They matchup pretty well in this one.
    You make a lot of sense. I like the over here. Stafford averages about 30 points at home.

bretb27

almost lost to the bills? The pats were up 15 and gave up a late meaningless td to win by 8... geez i wish the pats "almost lost" to every team out there lol

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

bol on your plays

NFL-Addicted
    NFL-Addicted's Avatar Become A Pro!

why don't you post all the odds and lines for week 9th? I do agree with both early leans. Deeann. I am looking for ideas on other games. Thank you guys.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

My thoughts exactly. How many points will we see this line move? Could we end up with Lions +7.5? That'd be nice.

I'm not the best at beating the closing line, gotta figure out how to do that better. For example I got the Saints PICK on Monday, and they were +3 at closing. At least I didn't have to pay for it that time.

So the question is, WHEN should we bet the Lions?

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post
    almost lost to the bills? The pats were up 15 and gave up a late meaningless td to win by 8... geez i wish the pats "almost lost" to every team out there lol
    The explanation is sound despite the less-than-perfect example used. Can you think of your own examples? Surely. If the line moves significantly for the Lions Sunday, they are the play. If not, than the game is a no-play.

bobbyk1133

My point is that BUF put up a much better fight than ppl expected. The game was close at many points of the game and NE didn't come close to covering the double digit spread. It was just an example - but there have been many this season.

Do the Jets have the ability to kill the Lions? Of course. Stafford hasn't exactly proved that he's Joe Montana in his career, but look closer at how they matchup. The main advantage NY has is on the ground, but Sanchez will have problems with that pass rush and the Jets give up more in the air than public perception think they do. NY is also pretty bad in red zone offense/defense, average on third down offense/defense and near the bottom in discipline.

I'm high on the Jets overall, but weekly it's all about matchups and the spread. The current line already favors DET and I'm waiting to see how far it moves before I jump on it.

ttrace35

I remember that game and it was kinda close until the end. I think the point was that everybody jumped on NE after a loss and expected them to blow Buff out. Spread was 14. Buffalo cashed.

NYSportsGuy210

Not really....

NYSportsGuy210

Only problem with your logic is that you think the Patriots are way superior to the Jets when they lost to New York....when that's not even the case.

In this case the Jets were the better team when taking on the Packers. There is no way a beat up Packers DEF should have held the Jets to zero points. The Jets WR's dropped a lot of balls on their own too. This is why New York is so pissed and should come out strong.

Best believe this will be corrected come time to take on an average Detroit Lions team.

bretb27

another example is the ravens against the bills, ray lewis was quoted as saying "i feel sorry for the bills, we're gonna take it out on them." The ravens were lucky to win that game. That being said, frustration and anger aren't the best ways to play football. I do believe, however, that the jets will sit back and say hey, we're no longer the top dogs in the afc east and we can't afford to lose the games we're supposed to win, and this is clearly one of those games. As far as line movement that shit's for the birds lol. I've learned that if i like a line I need to jump on it, regardless of the ending line.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Physical factors are more important than verbal and revenge factors.

RaptorSavage
    RaptorSavage's Avatar Become A Pro!

23-6 Jets

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12635

I'm thinking the Browns had a lucky game against the Saints. If they can cover this spread against a team like the Patriots, then they might be gaining some respect from me. Until then, go Pats.

bretb27

add saints -6.5 against the panthers. No way the saints underestimate a team again. Barely beating the panthers at home and losing to cleveland outright.... the saints are now back on track and will crush the panthers

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Only problem with your logic is that you think the Patriots are way superior to the Jets when they lost to New York....when that's not even the case. In this case the Jets were the better team when taking on the Packers. There is no way a beat up Packers DEF should have held the Jets to zero points. The Jets WR's dropped a lot of balls on their own too. This is why New York is so pissed and should come out strong. Best believe this will be corrected come time to take on an average Detroit Lions team.
    Jets are a stacked team. I picked them to win the division. However, it was a conditional prediction based on the assumption that Sanchez would develop enough to be a good quarterback. So far he's had some high highs and low lows. Normal for a young QB, but to assume that they will steamroll teams ignores the Sanchez factor. He still has the capability of losing the game all by himself. Now he is going against a very good d-line on the road. This game is anything but a slam dunk.

NYSportsGuy210

Gonna take Jets (-4) and the OVER of 51.5 on the Chargers -Texans game all day this weekend!

Michaelmakesit
    I love action
    Michaelmakesit's Avatar Become A Pro!

u guys dont like colts +3 ?

bretb27

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmakesit View Post
    u guys dont like colts +3 ?

love the colts as well.

3 team teaser - Pats Packers Colts... i've never loved a tease so much lol

shit you can even add in the saints, more money more fun

Michaelmakesit
    I love action
    Michaelmakesit's Avatar Become A Pro!

love the colts as well.

not smart

bretb27

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmakesit View Post
    not smart
    very smart, all those teams win

portnoy65
    borat
    portnoy65's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like colts

ttrace35

love the colts as well.

You can have the fun. Ill take the money. Colts worry me in philly. People hate Mike Vick so much, they forget how much of a game changer he is. Philly wins.
    Last edited by ttrace35; 11-03-10 at 07:19 AM.

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

This year NFL and NCAAFB is been very profitable to me .
    I like this games :

Miami Dolphins @ Baltimore Ravens UNDER 40.5 1.952

Call me crazy but i like :
    Houston Texans +3 1.935

New York Jets -4 1.926

Also i think New England ROOOOLS over Cleveland The spread is at -4.5
    So the # is not critical and can wait .

Few good games to consider for 7points teasers

Packers -2
    Miami/Bal under 47.5
    Houston +10
    Jets - makes no sense to take them + 3 .They will win anyway .
    Indianapolis/ Phili over 39.5

Miami + 12.5

Cheers GL.
    Last edited by vitalyo; 11-03-10 at 08:17 AM.

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Love NE, and the Packers. Not sold on the Jets over Detroit.

bretb27

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    You can have the fun. Ill take the money. Colts worry me in philly. People hate Mike Vick so much, they forget how much of a game changer he is. Philly wins.
    If you're on Philly then yes the colts should worry you. I don't care if Reid is 1,000,000 and 0 off bye weeks, the only team that philadelphia has played that's anywhere near the Colts level is the packers, which was a loss and maybe the falcons, and kolb had a career day. Not to mention a loss to the redskins and a humiliating loss to the titans. This Philly team is in for a tough game if they're underestimating the colts as much as you are.

PROfitableEnergy
    How you feeling? God Like.
    PROfitableEnergy's Avatar Become A Pro!

cool thread