Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$

Week 8th: Texans at Colts Matchup MNF

Date/Time: Monday, November 1, 8:30 PM ET
    Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
    Broadcast: ESPN
    Spread: Indianapolis -5.5 - From Vietbet
    Over/Under: 51 points - From Vietbet

An interesting match up of two teams that are both coming off a bye. For the Houston Texans, the bye was status quo but for the Indianapolis Colts it was anything. It was during the bye that the Colts learned that they would be without one of their most reliable pass catchers, Dallas Clark out for the rest of the season. An adjustment is necessary – let’s see how the Colts handle the adversity.

The Houston Texans are 2-0 on the road this season but Lucas Oil Stadium is no average road building. Indianapolis is 17-2 in their last 19 home games. The Texans should emerge healthy with their best player Andre Johnson finally nearing 100%. A win would give Houston a huge edge in the AFC South.

Houston’s offense has largely been underwhelming. They are 12th overall with 325 yards per game. They do rank ninth in the NFL in rushing which bodes well against the 24th ranked rushing defense of the Indianapolis Colts. Arian Foster was the reason for their Week 1 win and will have to be so again this week. He and Andre Johnson are a scary duo going into Monday.

Houston’s defense has been simply brutal this season. They had better tighten up their 27th ranked pass defense, Peyton is coming! Houston has been good against the run but has been brutal against the pass – uh-oh!

We all know what Indianapolis is going to bring to the game. Peyton Manning is going to pass for > 300 yards and yet the game will be close. The fourth best passing game in the NFL (296.3 yards per game) will definitely miss Dallas Clark (and maybe Austin Collie), but something tells me that Manning will find a new toy or two. Joseph Addai looked good in their last game going for 128 yards and a touchdown – a good sign going forward.

The Indianapolis defense surprisingly ranks 13th overall. They are sixth against the pass and a miserable 24th against the run (117.7 yards). Arian Foster could be in for a huge day.

Stats:

The Houston Texans are 8-2 S/U in their last 10 games and are 4-1 S/U in their last five on the road. They are 2-15 S/U versus Indianapolis and 0-5 S/U in their last five trips to Indianapolis. Houston is only 1-3-1 ATS in their last five overall.

Indianapolis is 4-1 S/U in their last five games, 15-2 S/U versus Houston and 17-2 S/U at home. The Colts are 1-4 ATS in their last five games with Houston.

The Houston Texans have the recipe for success against the Indianapolis Colts. Run the ball and occasionally throw it to a dude that aint gonna drop it – Andre Johnson. The Houston offense has a way of controlling the game against Indianapolis so Peyton Manning can’t get in a rhythm. I think that IF the Colts win, it is going to be by a slight margin.

My Pick: Houston Texans +5.5

Good luck to everyone!

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Good Luck, looks good.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Very nice write-up man. GL with the pick

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

I like this pick too... Will be a close game, I think.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Hmm, I waffled several times (as many did I'm sure) but yeah, I kind of like getting the points with HOU in what probably will be a close game. You get the feeling that Manning and co "should" bomb the hell out of them but won't and be highly frustrated-aka "we're losing to them...?". Think HOU and the points feels better-good luck all and thanks for the writup. Ciao

NFL-Addicted
    NFL-Addicted's Avatar Become A Pro!

Injuries update for both team. Hopefully, we have a good match with high scoring game, better than last Sunday night football.

Houston Texans

Darryl Sharpton LB Probable Ankle
    Karl Paymah CB Probable Wrist
    Sherrick McManis CB Probable Hamstring
    Andre Johnson WR Probable Ankle
    Garrett GrahamTE Probable Shoulder
    Dorin Dickerson WR Probable Knee
    Xavier Adibi LB Probable Hamstring
    Owen Daniels TE Probable Knee

Indianapolis Colts

Reggie Wayne WR Questionable Hamstring
    Bob Sanders S Out Biceps
    Jerraud Powers CB Questionable Foot
    Jacob Lacey CB Questionable Foot
    Antonio Johnson DT Out Knee
    Anthony Gonzalez WR Question able Ankle
    Pierre Garcon WR Questionable Hamstring
    Kavell Conner LB Out Foot
    Austin Collie WR Out Hand
    Donald Brown RB Questionable Hamstring
    Gary Bracket LB Probable Groin

Good luck to everyone!!!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm hoping for a low scoring one as I on the Under going against the public.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way this will be low scoring if powers and lacey are out, schaub will have a field day