Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Steelers Doing Their Best To Give Saints A Win

The Pittsburgh coaching staff and I assume it was head coach Tomlin made a couple of bonehead plays near the end of the opening half which in turn allowed New Orleans to tie the game 3-3 going to the break. Nearly in field goal range and up by three, the Steelers elected to throw on all three downs when it was first and twenty. instead of running the ball in order to get back within reasonable distance for a possible field goal. As it turned out, not only were all three passes incomplete but Pittsburgh also sent Reed out to attempt a 53-yarder instead of punting and as it turned out the try wasn't even close and the Saints were given great field position as the half neared the end. Consequently New Orleans went down the field and tierd the score as the teams headed to the half. In the second half, the Steelers once again got cocky and went for it on a fourth and four or five from near midfield. The result was an incomplete pass and Brees once again was able to drive his team down the field for the go ahead field goal. New Orleans have since added a TD and now lead 13-3. I guess Tomlin and the Steelers were content with last week's road win in Miami but I didn't know you weren't allowed to win both games of a two-game trip. Too conservative or too damm cocky, call it what you want but Pittsburgh had control of this game as the first half neared its' end and they basically allowed the home team World Champion New orlean Saints an opportunity to get back into the contest. They have made the most of their opportunities and then some to this point.

SVD514
    crosby sucks. go flyers
    SVD514's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not to mention their D just saves them and gets them the ball back and now miller trys to do a little too much and now he fumbles! unreal....

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I didn't see the end of the half, and your comments are definitely valid... But maybe something was noticed by the "upstairs" crew that showed weaknesses in "something" in the passing Defense they were getting...

With that said... FFS PITTSBURGH, you couldn't complete ONE of them???

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

damn im burried. 470 points in debt. time to pay off a loan. stupid steelers and stupid me for betting them. at least now we know. steelers = average defense that can be had

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9474

They also should have challenged the 2nd down run at the goal line at 0-0. It was a TD.