C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

NFL trying to ban super hard "jacked up hits"???

160 pound Desean gets rocked by a grown man and they want to re legislate the rules?

Steve Young on the post game is 100% correct. " There are not that many good quality QB's", we have all of these young receivers playing at a young age, and they don't understand and can't properly read man or zone. You have too many guys out there not knowing what they are doing, and the NFL is averaging 68 passes per game which is the second most in history.

The result. You have guys like Desean Jackson running into zone defenses and getting ROCKED, Concussed, brain bleeding.

So now the NFL is trying to change the rules? How exactly do you define a "devastating hit" anyway? Desean Jackson was hit CLEAN. If you don't want to get hit like this then don't play. What are the defenders supposed to do, let up?

Our society has become so femanized, don't water down the NFL

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

i wouldn't say femanized, but to me, you can look at this the way the ufc and other pro mma organizations have made rules to distinguish their sport from vale tudo fighting, which translates into "anything goes".

this though is going too far. they have legislated helmet to helmet infractions, they have stiffened up on facemasks, they are protecting qbs more, etc. but now you can't make a hit on a guy crossing over the middle? sounds like if you don't wrap the guy up you'll get suspended...i mean, how else do you govern what is devestating and what is not? i agree with whoever it was that stuart scott quoted who said playing in the nfl is a choice and a privilege and getting hit and hit hard is and always should be part of the game. if you don't want to get hit, if you don't want to go over the middle, don't play. sell insurance or cars.

they're going to hit these guys in the knees more and it's going to cause more injuries and a new set of infractions down the line. bottom line, if you don't hit their head with your head, it should be fair game.