bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tarvaris Jackson or Brett Favre???

I for one would love to see how Jackson does. Favre has been horrible lately and Tarvaris is a pretty damn good QB. I think Jackson would make better use of Moss, Harvin, Shiancoe and Peterson rather then Brett. If he does start, I will take -1.5 at home because he is faster then Favre will be a bit of trouble for the Cowboys D

knelson
    knelson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Jackson is a pretty damn good QB? This is the same guy that everyone said was keeping the Vikes from the playoffs. Reality is that Favre isn't the same right now, but they need to find another heir to Favre cause Jackson sure isn't the guy.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by bonduforlife View Post
    Tarvaris is a pretty damn good QB.

Jackson is a dumb running QB, he is shit as a passer

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jackson good QB, what the f u smoking

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

When a team is struggling, everyone always figures the back-up QB must be the answer. He is usually not.

JayTrotter
    JayTrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is some logic in this. Brett Favre has to pass to be effective. a schedule of run, run, pass will lead to punt, punt, punt. With TJ the team would not want to pass, and this would make them more balanced, as for using Randy Moss better, that is very debatable based on his past performances. Minnesota might improve without Favre. As long as Favre has an arm, they are starting him..

The rumor he is going to sit out, is just Favre being Favre, the big drama queen he is..

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Favre's drama is growing so freaking old. Obviously his opinion is that he'll play unless his arms fall off and the Vikes are in no position to change horses mid-stream so they're stuck. I'm definitely wary of MIN at this point. Good luck

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    Jackson good QB, what the f u smoking
    iS THAT WHY HE LOST HIS JOB TO A 40 YEAR OLD MAN?

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Favre's drama is growing so freaking old. Obviously his opinion is that he'll play unless his arms fall off and the Vikes are in no position to change horses mid-stream so they're stuck. I'm definitely wary of MIN at this point. Good luck
    He will keep playing for 20 million a yr
    The Vikings ****** up

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The TarCat would be unstoppable

bonduforlife

travaris Jackson in 2008:
    9 games played, 5 started
    7.1 yards per game passing, 9TD, 1INT, 26rushes for 145 yards
    Brett Favre in 2008
    6.7 yards per game passing, 22TD, 22INT, 21rushes for 43yards
    Vikings: 10-6 won the NFC North
    NYJ: 9-7 3rd in AFC East
    Dont talk shit about travaris if u know nothing about him

bonduforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    iS THAT WHY HE LOST HIS JOB TO A 40 YEAR OLD MAN?
    Brett favre has a lot of experience so he got the job. Just watch what happens if Travaris starts

Scorpion
    Update your status

travaris sucks ass sir

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Favre will start unless he is in a hospital bet or a casket. Tavaris talk at this point is pointless.

That said, Tavaris is a decent QB. There are a half dozen QBs starting this weekend that are worse than Tavaris, maybe a dozen.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

brett will save the vikings...ya i said it

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Im not sure why everyone killed Jackson -- although after killing his development, he may struggle after being benched and isnt going to reivive this team right away.

But, its true he had a shaky first year as a starter, most QBs do. the next year, he started two games, He played a subpar game on opening week in Green bay (a tough assignment for any QB) and then kept the team in the game vs Indianapolis the entire way bfore losing, at which point Chilly panicked and benched him.

bonduforlife

well it looks like Brett is going to be starting, wouldve loved to see travaris play after 2 years. Dallas is the play for me now

Cappy
    Cappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 880

That sounds totally ridiculous. I've always liked jackson, but Favre is their guy. I don't know if you remember, but when Jackson was starting the vikings had a really solid squad and they couldn't do anything. This season isn't lost, the Jets are one of the top teams.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

jacksons sh*t but at least his throwing elbows not f*cked up

bonduforlife

Its just that Dallas has a pretty good pass rush and I cant see how Favre will avoid it. I am going to listen to a few Peterson's comments and see how he is feeling. If seems locked and loaded then I might just stick with the Vikes. Dallas hasn't impressed anyone this season.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Save your money....Cowboys are the play here

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

tjack of num 4, dallas is going down

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Favre will start unless he is in a hospital bet or a casket. Tavaris talk at this point is pointless.

That said, Tavaris is a decent QB. There are a half dozen QBs starting this weekend that are worse than Tavaris, maybe a dozen.
    I agree with you on all points slacker. Mark this day in your calendar, lol. Favre is going to play until the bitter end and it's probably going to be ugly.

m3xtreme
    m3xtreme's Avatar Become A Pro!

favre in a wheelchair and only a sore left arm is better than jackson..

ScottLocke
    ScottLocke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

travaris Jackson in 2008: 9 games played, 5 started 7.1 yards per game passing, 9TD, 1INT, 26rushes for 145 yards Brett Favre in 2008 6.7 yards per game passing, 22TD, 22INT, 21rushes for 43yards Vikings: 10-6 won the NFC North NYJ: 9-7 3rd in AFC East Dont talk shit about travaris if u know nothing about him
    Wow you have to be pretty dumb to make a comparison like this. TJ had a much better team and had AP running the ball to take pressure off him. Favre also played hurt the whole 2nd half of the season, just compare his 1st and 2nd half stats. Yes Favre sucks this year, but TJ would not be any better.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

Hick ass Favre is straight garbage. Vikings are a dumb ass organization for bringing him back and setting the team a few years. Give me Jackson all day. Bet this team doesn't make the playoffs, and I'll take that bet any day.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by ScottLocke View Post
    Wow you have to be pretty dumb to make a comparison like this. TJ had a much better team and had AP running the ball to take pressure off him. Favre also played hurt the whole 2nd half of the season, just compare his 1st and 2nd half stats. Yes Favre sucks this year, but TJ would not be any better.
    1. It's very debatable how much better the Vikes were than the Jets in 2008. Both teams made their conference championships in 2009, the Jets having done it WITHOUT Favre but a rookie QB. I think there is some decent evidence that the Jets of 2008 had decent talent with or without Favre.

2. The Jets also had a solid running game in 2008. Thomas Jones never gets enough credit, Leon Washington was a great change-of-pace and 3rd down back as well. AP is top notch and had a great year, but the Jets were solid as well. Vikings were 5th in rushing yards, Jets were 9th in rushing yards.

3. Favre played hurt. That's the core of any argument against Favre. Look how Favre did in 2008 when he was healthy versus when he was hurt. It's night and day. That's why people are calling for Tavaris. If you watched the game on Monday night, it is clear that there is something very wrong with Favre. But we all know that the knuckle head plays when he wants to play and plays through injuries to keep that consecutive game streak alive.

What I'm saying is that your arguments against Tavaris aren't valid. The numbers and evidence suggest that a healthy Tavaris would be more effective than a broken-throwing-armed Favre. Unfortunately, it comes down to sentimentality and dedication, I think Favre is a leader in the locker room based on pure emotion, it's hard to account for that in the stat book.

ScottLocke
    ScottLocke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    1. It's very debatable how much better the Vikes were than the Jets in 2008. Both teams made their conference championships in 2009, the Jets having done it WITHOUT Favre but a rookie QB. I think there is some decent evidence that the Jets of 2008 had decent talent with or without Favre.

2. The Jets also had a solid running game in 2008. Thomas Jones never gets enough credit, Leon Washington was a great change-of-pace and 3rd down back as well. AP is top notch and had a great year, but the Jets were solid as well. Vikings were 5th in rushing yards, Jets were 9th in rushing yards.

3. Favre played hurt. That's the core of any argument against Favre. Look how Favre did in 2008 when he was healthy versus when he was hurt. It's night and day. That's why people are calling for Tavaris. If you watched the game on Monday night, it is clear that there is something very wrong with Favre. But we all know that the knuckle head plays when he wants to play and plays through injuries to keep that consecutive game streak alive.

What I'm saying is that your arguments against Tavaris aren't valid. The numbers and evidence suggest that a healthy Tavaris would be more effective than a broken-throwing-armed Favre. Unfortunately, it comes down to sentimentality and dedication, I think Favre is a leader in the locker room based on pure emotion, it's hard to account for that in the stat book.

I'm just saying thats a pretty bad way to compare two QBs, obv when Favre is healthy he is better than TJ. It was just him saying that TJ is a good QB that was bad. He is avg on a good day.

Also, Jets had Eric Mangini as their coach in 2008, then Rex Ryan in 2009, I think thats a pretty big upgrade right there so its hard to compare those years.

midoriwilleatyou
    midoriwilleatyou's Avatar Become A Pro!

favre still got it.. he'll come back

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fav comes back and throw 2 INTs vs Cowgirls.

Scorpion
    Update your status

They paid the 41 year old man $20 mil to comeback because TJ is a solid QB
    So many dumbfukcs on the internet

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    They paid the 41 year old man $20 mil to comeback because TJ is a solid QB
    So many dumbfukcs on the internet

Are you saying that every front office move made by an NFL exec is a good one?

If this year's Favre injury is similar to the one that Favre played through with the Jets or the broken thumb year with GB, it won't be worth it. Even worse, they can't bench him. They'll struggle to get to .500, such a shame with such a great team that could get into the playoffs with a healthy TJ or about a dozen other NFL backups rather than a broken armed NFL legend.

That said, maybe Favre's arm is fine. It's my personal opinion that it looks career ending based on what I saw on MNF. I'm by no means a doctor. We'll see how this plays out. Obviously they're gonna give Favre the benefit of the doubt. But I'm going into every game, now, thinking this will be his very last NFL start. Favre's ride has to end eventually, right?

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I for one would love to see how Jackson does. Favre has been horrible lately and Tarvaris is a pretty damn good QB. I think Jackson would make better use of Moss, Harvin, Shiancoe and Peterson rather then Brett. If he does start, I will take -1.5 at home because he is faster then Favre will be a bit of trouble for the Cowboys D
    Tavaris is NOT a good quarterback. If he only competed against vince young and damarcus russell then he would probably be the best.
    He is a bench warmer and feels lucky to hold Favre's jockstrap.
    Hopefully Favre's elbow wont be too fuk'd up this week.