Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

NFL Week Five Picks

NFL 2010-2011 Overall 10-5-1 +5.40 units (66.66%)
    NFL 2010-2011 2 Unit Plays 3-1 +3.80 units (75.00%)

Went 3-0 last week and the ones I didn't play that were just leans also ended up winning. Colt's lost to the Jags, thought they would win, but there defense sucked as always. The coach was more retarded then ever. The Jags played the Colts tough again, as they always do. Redskins won but not how I thought. I thought Mcnabb would have killed it, but he was somewhat bad, might have gotten lucky with the Vick injury. Patriots...well..go special teams

Leans for Week Five

Bronco's +7.5
    Bills pick -110
    Redskins +1.5
    Giants +2.5
    Vikings +4

There just leans for now, any insight would be appreciated.

mandude
    mandude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

I'm curious, why the Skins? I like GB here & I've noticed other people like Wash as well. Whats your angle?

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by mandude View Post
    I'm curious, why the Skins? I like GB here & I've noticed other people like Wash as well. Whats your angle?
    I'm hesitant on this one and I may even flip flop, but I think Green Bay just isn't that good. I mean Aaron Rodgers is great obviously. But they have no running game. There defense has some talented players but they aren't even very good as a group. There special teams are horrible. And lastly they are just undisciplined. I could easily say the same about the Skins though lol

mandude
    mandude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Yes you can. In that case I would feel better backing Rodgers over McNabb.

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Washington next week, their D will got big improve here.

hitman2010

Strong bet on Tennessee as Dallas comes back BYE week, people love them.

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!
    EddieMush's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgurv View Post
    NFL 2010-2011 Overall 10-5-1 +5.40 units (66.66%)
    NFL 2010-2011 2 Unit Plays 3-1 +3.80 units (75.00%)

Went 3-0 last week and the ones I didn't play that were just leans also ended up winning. Colt's lost to the Jags, thought they would win, but there defense sucked as always. The coach was more retarded then ever. The Jags played the Colts tough again, as they always do. Redskins won but not how I thought. I thought Mcnabb would have killed it, but he was somewhat bad, might have gotten lucky with the Vick injury. Patriots...well..go special teams

Leans for Week Five

Bronco's +7.5
    Bills pick -110
    Redskins +1.5
    Giants +2.5
    Vikings +4

There just leans for now, any insight would be appreciated.
    I like the Ravens, Texans, Skins game over and the Jets

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

gl man

thefuture
    thefuture's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gl to you.. Like your giants pick but kind of favoring the pack against the skins even tho skins made me a pretty penny on Sunday. Its still early but dont see too many games worth risking money on. I cant wait for the wednesday practice reports to come out so the real work and fun begins. O yea I think the colts loss was more about the back to back road trips to denver and Jacksonville than coaching. Lines dont reflect that type of stuff and its another way to help you cap.

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    Gl to you.. Like your giants pick but kind of favoring the pack against the skins even tho skins made me a pretty penny on Sunday. Its still early but dont see too many games worth risking money on. I cant wait for the wednesday practice reports to come out so the real work and fun begins. O yea I think the colts loss was more about the back to back road trips to denver and Jacksonville than coaching. Lines dont reflect that type of stuff and its another way to help you cap.
    I think Caldwell is without a doubt the reason they lost that game against Jacksonville. I also think that they might be one of the worst defenses in the league

GL to all of you and thank you

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

The lines are very sharp this week. Not a whole lot I like as a whole this weekend.

I like Detroit at home over STL (who my retard roomate calls "A sleeping Giant"..). Det has looked pretty good so far this year, losing their games by very little. STL is not that good and I think Stafford and Best should be back healthy. DET -3

I like the Jets at home to beat down the Viks. Even though the Viks are off a bye week, the Jets are damn good and well, the Viks, are just not very good. I love this home team Monday night. Jets -4

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Add the Saints -7 to that list, as the AZ is atrocious.

Alexgurv

good insight hubie, not sure I agree with you on the Jets and won't bet the Saints till I see them play better in general

Bronco's +7.5 to win 1 unit

As already mentioned, this looks like the perfect let down game for the Ravens. They just came off a big win. There running game looks completely ineffective. There offense and Flacco other then a few passes really don't look that good. They beat up on a team that were on there 4th string QB and now people think they are great. Orton is truthfully having a great season, thats tough to say. This Ravens secondary is pretty weak when it comes down it, I think he the Bronco's can exploit that.

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

skins should be 4-0 right now they are for real

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

good insight hubie, not sure I agree with you on the Jets and won't bet the Saints till I see them play better in general

Bronco's +7.5 to win 1 unit

As already mentioned, this looks like the perfect let down game for the Ravens. They just came off a big win. There running game looks completely ineffective. There offense and Flacco other then a few passes really don't look that good. They beat up on a team that were on there 4th string QB and now people think they are great. Orton is truthfully having a great season, thats tough to say. This Ravens secondary is pretty weak when it comes down it, I think he the Bronco's can exploit that.
    i like the ravens here... you say the ravens are in a good spot for a letdown, wouldn't you say the same thing for the broncos?? they got a huge win @ titans and now have to go on their second straight road game against another physical team... the ravens run game has been ineffective? 2 of their games have been agaisnt the jets and steelers, any team will have an ineffective run game when they play half their games against those defenses... the broncos have absolutely no running game, i think its why the struggle in the redzone so much cuz the field gets smaller and there is less passing space and they cant run...against a ravens D playing at home, they should be able to rough up orton ..and even if they dont the broncos are the definition of a one dimensional team and a defense like the ravens can exploit those type of offenses imo ..

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by fsfalcons View Post
    Skins should be 4-0....

Packers cover (-2.5) easily against the feeble Deadskins. You might wanna bet the OVER on this game also.

Rams-Lions might be a shoot out too. Take the OVER in that game as well.

Atlanta (-3) to cover at Cleveland is a gift.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 10-06-10 at 11:49 AM.

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by uanl View Post
    i like the ravens here... you say the ravens are in a good spot for a letdown, wouldn't you say the same thing for the broncos?? they got a huge win @ titans and now have to go on their second straight road game against another physical team... the ravens run game has been ineffective? 2 of their games have been agaisnt the jets and steelers, any team will have an ineffective run game when they play half their games against those defenses... the broncos have absolutely no running game, i think its why the struggle in the redzone so much cuz the field gets smaller and there is less passing space and they cant run...against a ravens D playing at home, they should be able to rough up orton ..and even if they dont the broncos are the definition of a one dimensional team and a defense like the ravens can exploit those type of offenses imo ..

Beating the Titans is a huge win....hmm...dont agree with that at all. They did play 2 games against good defenses but whats the explanation for the Bengals game? The Ravens looked horrible, and thats honestly how I look at the Ravens and Flacco as a whole. The struggle in the redzone is coaching problems from what I've seen, they keep going for it and not getting it, especially in the Colts game where I think it was at least 3 times. If you want to call the Bronco's one dimensional, well we haven't seen any running game from the Ravens yet, so arent they one dimensional? I guess its just a difference of opinion

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post

Packers cover (-2.5) easily against the feeble Deadskins. You might wanna bet the OVER on this game also.

Rams-Lions might be a shoot out too. Take the OVER in that game as well.

Atlanta (-3) to cover at Cleveland is a gift.
    Damn this is the most square post I've ever seen

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by fsfalcons View Post
    Do you even watch the games? If anything they should be 0-4, or are you ignoring the game winning pick that the eagles dropped in the fourth quarter?

uanl

Beating the Titans is a huge win....hmm...dont agree with that at all. They did play 2 games against good defenses but whats the explanation for the Bengals game? The Ravens looked horrible, and thats honestly how I look at the Ravens and Flacco as a whole. The struggle in the redzone is coaching problems from what I've seen, they keep going for it and not getting it, especially in the Colts game where I think it was at least 3 times. If you want to call the Bronco's one dimensional, well we haven't seen any running game from the Ravens yet, so arent they one dimensional? I guess its just a difference of opinion
    the broncos were on the verge of being 1-3 with the ravens coming up .. facing the ravens in baltimore at 2-2 instead of 1-3 is why i feel the win against the broncos was a big win for them...the ravens have faced 2 of the top 3 defenses in the league, plus the bengals who have looked decent on defense as well..and the browns who i think are underrated and are playing competitive in every game ... the broncos couldnt even run the ball @ HOME vs THE COLTS! ... but ill grant you that we haven't seen a running game from the ravens... so, we got 2 one dimensional teams... i would rather have the home team with a top 3 defense that has anquan boldin and mason as the top targets compared to a road team with a defense that isn't as good and has lloyd as their best target ..

add the fact that the books have this game around -7 or -7.5 just tells you that they might be a little scared of taking public money on the ravens at -6.5 ..

good debate sir ...much more productive than ppl saying stuff like "broncos are a lock" or "take the ravens to the bank" lol BOL

uanl

really like the bills and redksins leans by the way...haven't looked too much into these games yet, but i think public perception is playing a big role in these games..especially the bills game .. everyone is in love with the jags now cuz they beat the colts, while the bills got crushed against the jets.. the bills are not going to want this chance of getting their first win slip away ....

as far as the redskins play, everyone loves the packers since the big points they put in the preseason against the colts ... they are forgetting the fact that they struggled in week 1 against the eagles who have showed to have a bad O-line and not a great defense and that game was on the road which is really comparable to this redskins game... the packers struggled against the lions and probably should have lost that game too, and they made a bunch of mistakes against the bears that cost them the game...mcnabb can move around a bit so it might help him avoid pressure since the skins o-line isn't great..but i see a pretty close game..

the books have to had expected public money on the packers and the line is around 2.5 and its really struggling to get to 3, which i think is a little telling that the books might be taking a stand in favor of the skins..

NYSportsGuy210

Damn this is the most square post I've ever seen

You need to understand sports betting son.....

hitman2010

all rite, so the Deaskin ml is the play here.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by hitman2010 View Post
    all rite, so the Deaskin ml is the play here.
    If you wanna lose....go ahead. Smart money is on Packers covering or ML.

uanl

If you wanna lose....go ahead. Smart money is on Packers covering or ML.
    how do you determine that smart money is on the packers???

Alexgurv

uanl - Think there is just a difference of opinion here with the Ravens-Colts game. What it really comes back to for me is that I think Flacco is just outright unbelievably overrated. The Bills game is tough, I really want too, but I could see them failing me as well because they are still the Bills! I do think the Bills are gonna win this game but not enough confidence and I see myself laying off it. The packers, not a good team IMO, badly coached and undisciplined defense. But like I said in an earlier post you could say the same about the Redskins...tough game there as well.

NYSportsGuy - It would help if you had any type of reasoning for your pick (to me anyway)

Texans -2.5 (-125) to win 1 unit

Great offense this team has with a top running game and a great passing game. Giant's showed they have a good defense against the Bears, but I think they really showed how bad the Bears really were rather then how good the Giants are. Too many question marks with that team right now IMO. A lot of people believe they are gonna turn it around after that Sunday game. But I don't see it, the Giants are a bad team, Eli is overrated, defense is outright bad if you look at there other games this year. Texans should win this one.

pokergod18
    pokergod18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

my 1st picks on here.....

atl -3

N.O. - 6.5

gl all

jresse
    jresse's Avatar Become A Pro!

broncos is a great pick

NYSportsGuy210

Packers are a great team. Great teams don't lose to mediocre teams like the Washington Deadskins. If the Deadskins keep it close for 3.5 quarters I wouldn't be surprised. But give Aaron Rodgers time and he will dissect 85% of the NFL team defenses. Packers will still pull away in the 4th QTR despite a decimated secondary and seal the deal on the overrated Redskins.

uanl

Packers are a great team. Great teams don't lose to mediocre teams like the Washington Deadskins. If the Deadskins keep it close for 3.5 quarters I wouldn't be surprised. But give Aaron Rodgers time and he will dissect 85% of the NFL team defenses. Packers will still pull away in the 4th QTR despite a decimated secondary and seal the deal on the overrated Redskins.
    just like they totally blew out the poor lions, right??

uanl

uanl - Think there is just a difference of opinion here with the Ravens-Colts game. What it really comes back to for me is that I think Flacco is just outright unbelievably overrated. The Bills game is tough, I really want too, but I could see them failing me as well because they are still the Bills! I do think the Bills are gonna win this game but not enough confidence and I see myself laying off it. The packers, not a good team IMO, badly coached and undisciplined defense. But like I said in an earlier post you could say the same about the Redskins...tough game there as well.

NYSportsGuy - It would help if you had any type of reasoning for your pick (to me anyway)

Texans -2.5 (-125) to win 1 unit

Great offense this team has with a top running game and a great passing game. Giant's showed they have a good defense against the Bears, but I think they really showed how bad the Bears really were rather then how good the Giants are. Too many question marks with that team right now IMO. A lot of people believe they are gonna turn it around after that Sunday game. But I don't see it, the Giants are a bad team, Eli is overrated, defense is outright bad if you look at there other games this year. Texans should win this one.

yeah i think the main difference in that ravens game is that i blelieve in flacco and you dont... i might lay off that game anyway... a game i aint shying away from is the bills, clearly the jags are the superior team, but the bills are tough at home..they picked apart a patriots defense on the road, i imagine they can do something similar to the poor jags defense on their home field...its one of their few chances to get a win this season so they should be up for this game at home...

does andre johnson not being 100% concern you at all in the texans game? or the fact that there seems to be reverse line movement in that game?

oh and as far as the redskins/packers... redskins are the play, bills and redskins are two games that im playing for sure, just gonna wait to see if the line favors my side a little more..

Backspacers
    Backspacers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

uanal. wouldnt be so sure on the bills. check out how many points they have scored at home. im struggling with this game

uanl

Quote Originally Posted by Backspacers View Post
    uanal. wouldnt be so sure on the bills. check out how many points they have scored at home. im struggling with this game
    one of my angles when i look at games is considering public perception.. everyone saw them get slaughtered by the jets, and everyone saw scobee's 59 yard FG to beat the cotls... common sense tells us to take the jags with a line around PK and sure enough around 75% like the jags..but the jags always get up to play the colts tough, and i dont have the numbers, but i read or heard somewhere that historically, the jags have bad games the week after they play the colts...i wouldn't be shocked to see the jags win this game, but i really think the bills in this game are the right side..and i'll admit im basing this play more on the public perception, fade the public, angles..more so than basing it on the fact that i think the bills are the better team..bottom line for those that think the jags are the superior team , the superior team doesn't always win..its a perfect let down spot for the jags... BOL on your plays (unless you take the jags lol)

hitman2010

Alexgurv

poker god - GL
    jresse
    NySportsGuy - will lay off that game
    uanl - Will be cheering for you with the Bills, may just pick them on Survivor or something just to cheer for them. Agree with you on the jags, they always get up to play the Colts no matter what. If the Jags are a playoff team or non-playoff team it happens. I also feel like Scobee is somehow always involved the last 4 or 5 years anyway. Just tough for me to trust the Bills. I made a rule a few years ago, not to bet on the teams I know are bad because even if they look like they might win, I shouldnt be surprised when they dont because I knew they were a bad team from the start.

Not too concerned about Andre, with a week off he should be better now.

hitman - GL

12 Last