jeeves
    jeeves's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Man, Jeeves, makes a play on EVERY Week 4 Game!

7-2 last week on NFL (13-6 Season) and now I may be getting brash. Best Of Luck!

Den @ Tenn OVER 44
    tough to call a winner here as I try to figure out these surprising teams, however the Titans have been putting up a lot of points (5th in NFL) and their defense is not tight enough to stop Denver reinvented passing game (1st in NFL)

Balt @ Pitt -2.5
    I'm not sold on Flacco, I know he looked good last week against Cleveland, but he was absolutely horrible the first 2 weeks. The Ravens had trouble stopping Peyton Hillis last week. Now they get to try to stop a real back in Mendenhall.

Cincy @ Clev +3
    Everyone is on this and it's easy to see why. Cleveland has been in every game this year losing by a FieldGoal twice and a touchdown last week. And if you watched Carson Palmer last week…ugh. His injuries over the years seem to catching up to him. He's got happy feet in the pocket, missing open receivers, and the look on his face is of constant perplexity.

Detroit +14.5 @ GB
    I know Jahvid Best is questionable and their Defense is swiss cheese, BUT I really don't think Detroit is the complete joke they have been in the past. For what it's worth: I think Detroit has more urgency to win this game--which they won't, but they shouldn't loose by more than 2 touchdowns.

Carolina @ NO -13
    Remember what I said about how Palmer looked last week? Well multiply that by 2 and that's how bad Clausen looked. Once Carolina is forced to throw the ball because their down 2 TD's, bad will go to worse.

San Fran @ ATL OVER 42.5
    I can't figure the 49ers. Only thing I know is that Alex Smith is not a NFL quarterback. Now that said, with a new Offensive Cord. San Fran should try some new things that Atlanta doesn't have on tape and put some points up.

Seattle -2 @ St Louie
    With Stevie Jackson out, the Seahawks will be content to try and let newbie Sam Bradford beat them. Bradford has a bright future, however he's not enough to beat the NFL 9th highest-scoring offense

NYJ -6 @ Buff
    The Jet's D is much better than New England, who got worked by the Bills last week. The Jet's offense is mediocre but the Bills are 31st in Pts allowed.

Indy -7 @ Jax
    Indy has most points scored. Jax has the 3rd fewest.

Hou -3.5 @ Oak
    I got a thing for Oakland. They really hooked me up last week as 5.5 pt underdogs vs ARI. And I like seeing McFadden healthy, but Houston's is just so much better. They got bum rushed by a desperate Dallas team last week, and weren't ready for it. And if Arizona can put up 24pts on Oak, Houston should be set. Also, Janikowski may miss another couple 30yard field goals. (Fantasy Side Note: Foster will have a big day)

Ari @ SD -9.5
    Some may get skittish because the Public is slobbering over the Chargers and pushing the line up this high, but do you really want to bet on Derek Anderson? If you like stats: SD is 1st in offensive Yrds per game and 4th in defensive Yrds allowed.

Wash @ Philly -5.5
    Vick will do it again, but these divisional games are always tough.

Chi +3.5 @ NYG
    I've heard them: "Giants are desperate!" "The Public is taking Chi!". Your overthinking it. It's true that the Bears probably should have lost that Monday Night Game, but their Defense is legit. Not to mention New York Football Giants is a organization of overpaid, bickering children, all pointing fingers at each other. I expect the circus to continue for at least another week.

NE @ Miami +1
    New England's Defense is really bad--3rd worst in Pts Allowed, 4th worst in Yards Allowed (and against Palmer, Sanchez, and Fitzpatrick!). Henne is playing better that the previously mentioned names and Miami's Def is skilled enough to keep NE offense from scoring over 24pts.

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice write up and best of luck to all your plays

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Great analysis...like reading ideas behind picks I will be following

jeeves

The Plays:

$100 Den @ Tenn OVER 44
    $300 Pitt -2.5
    $200 Clev +3
    $100 Detroit +14.5
    $100 NO -13
    $100 San Fran @ ATL OVER 42.5
    $100 Seattle -2
    $50 NYJ -6
    $300 Indy -7
    $300 Hou -3.5
    $200 SD -9.5
    $100 Philly -5.5
    $100 Chi +3.5 @ NYG
    $100 Miami +1

jeeves

+$100 Den @ Tenn OVER 44
    -$330 Pitt -2.5
    +$200 Clev +3
    +$100 Detroit +14.5
    -$110 NO -13
    -$110 San Fran @ ATL OVER 42.5
    -$110 Seattle -2
    +$50 NYJ -6
    -$330 Indy -7 (Should have known, Jax ALWAYS plays them tight)
    +$300 Hou -3.5
    +$200 SD -9.5 -10
    -$100 Philly -5.5

Still to go
    $100 Chi +3.5 @ NYG $200 NYG -3.5
    $100 Miami +1

Total -150

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Tough week...good luck next week...keep posting analysis (I disagreed with some of your picks but like to read other people's reasoning) and I will follow.

jeeves

+$50 7-6 for the week.

Thank You, Poolguy! I will be posting some analysis next week. I just don't think I will be advised to play them ALL again next week...

Best of Luck to you too, sir.

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

BOL next week. Yeah go light next week-- forcing the games does you no good. Play up your strong picks.

jeeves

Your absolutely correct, Mudd. I will have to dissect the strength of my plays a bit more accurately. Hindsight is 20/20, but...If you censor my light picks (<$200):

Quote Originally Posted by jeeves View Post
    -$330 Pitt -2.5
    +$200 Clev +3
    -$330 Indy -7 (Should have known, Jax ALWAYS plays them tight)
    +$300 Hou -3.5
    +$200 SD -9.5 -10
    +$200 NYG -3.5
    4-2, +$240

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

bol next week, it will turn around soon for u.