GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Die Hard Giants Fans Take on the SNF Match-Up

Yea this does look like a trap and I think more action will be on the Bears. But, here is what I can tell you about my G-Men.

They have lost complete faith in Coughlin. Jacobs is tearing apart the locker room. No Coughlin team has ever played as undisciplined as they did last week. They can't run the ball well anymore and the offensive line lost its prowess late last year. Eli Manning is very underrated as a QB and all of his picks this year have either been deflected or thrown with his left hand. Assuming the good receivers start hauling these in and he doesn't throw left handed the rest of the year he should be well off. That being said though the Giants are stuck at a crossroads. They do not ever abandon the run game but lately that has meant a ton of 3rd and longs for Eli to deal with. They are a team that should be pass first this year but they are still trying to pound the rock. I'm not sold on Bradshaw holding up with the large majority of the carries.

The defense hasn't been all that bad and Antrel Rolle has made a big impact. Don't look at the Colts game, everyone knew going in what would happen and knew we didn't match up with the Colts at all.

Giants 27-20.

This should be the game Jay Cutler starts making his stupid mistakes. Forte shouldn't do much on the ground.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Hey BJ, they say one of the best things to do to improve as a handicapper is to go back and look at your failures.

How did you know the Colts were going to trounce the Giants week 2? I bet the Giants very small, but I thought they would run the ball well and would be up for the big prime time game. Obviously I was dead wrong, so what tipped you off ahead of time?

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I like the Giants this week

chosen1
    chosen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

I know this i one of my firsts posts, but i have been following this site for over a year following certain people and taking in information from everyone. Hope you dont mind me putting my .02 cents in on your thread. Since you posted as a die hard giants fan, i figured i would reply as a die hard bears fan.

Yes the bears are 3-0 this year and im just as excited as the next bears fan, but lets look at it realistically. The bears could easily be 1-2 right now. They basically lost versus a very sub par lions team, and if it werent for the packers commiting 18 penalties they probably wouldn't have won that game either. That being said we could be looking at a matchup between two 1-2 teams this sunday. I think people need to look pass the fact that the bears are 3-0 and look at the games they have played.

Don't want to get to wordy and write a book here, but in my opinion the bears are a tad over rated right now and are in a let down situation. They just had a huge win at home against a divisional rival. I don't think the bears will be as pumped for this game in New York and think Cutler will be a little over confident and probably throw a couple picks which will hurt the bears in the long run.

Pick for the game right now is NYG -4

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago hasn't gotten any pressure on the quarterback in their first three games, other than Julius Peppers humiliating Clifton and Tauscher last night. Bears defense isn't very good. Giants should get about five sacks if their line actually plays halfway decently for the first time since 08. Plus, it's at New York. My biggest worry is that the Giants have already tuned out Coughlin and he's a lame-duck coach. Real bad spot for the Bears, short week coming off an emotional W and going on the road.The Bear's best offensive game came on turf against the Cowboys so it'll be interesting to see if that becomes a trend. I can see the Bears dropping this one if the Giants can run the ball. The Bears' secondary is pretty vulnerable without interior pass rush.This spread is begging the public to take the Bears. This might come off as me just sounding a bit like a homer,

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    Chicago hasn't gotten any pressure on the quarterback in their first three games, other than Julius Peppers humiliating Clifton and Tauscher last night. Bears defense isn't very good. Giants should get about five sacks if their line actually plays halfway decently for the first time since 08. Plus, it's at New York. My biggest worry is that the Giants have already tuned out Coughlin and he's a lame-duck coach. Real bad spot for the Bears, short week coming off an emotional W and going on the road.The Bear's best offensive game came on turf against the Cowboys so it'll be interesting to see if that becomes a trend. I can see the Bears dropping this one if the Giants can run the ball. The Bears' secondary is pretty vulnerable without interior pass rush.This spread is begging the public to take the Bears. This might come off as me just sounding a bit like a homer,
    Nor sure about your Bears defense "not very good" assessment. Hard to believe a defense with Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs and a throwback Brian Urlacher could be not very good. They have some things to shore up, for sure, but that's an awfully good core to work from. They seem to have replaced their weakest link/non-tackler in the secondary, Zack Bowman, with Tim Jennings who came in in the GB game and did a solid job tackling. If they are successful in using the GB benching to light a fire under Tommie Harris, the defense can be more than very good.

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Ya this game does look like a trap but 4 points is still a lot to cover for a down and out Giants team. It seems like everyone is saying the same thing about this game and how Giants will win this game easily but I see this game going down to the wire and the Bears cover. This Bears defense looks a lot like the D we saw from them when they made a nice playoff push a couple years ago.