BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

Why are they talking about this on ESPN?

Will McNabb be cheered or boo'd? Who cares, he choked in the Super Bowl.

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

i think it's interesting considering how philly fans can be...mcnabb, while he didn't win them a superbowl, he got them there once and took them to 5 NFC title games..granted they lost most, but getting there is still a place most teams can't get to...

BustedPretext
    BustedPretext's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think (hope) it's a cheer when he's introduced then boo's from there on out.

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

we will see.

Hammew
    Hammew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by BookieOweMe View Post
    Will McNabb be cheered or boo'd? Who cares, he choked in the Super Bowl.
    Yea he choked big time. I will never forget Mcnabb hunched over, unable to call a play in the huddle, on the possible winning drive of the Super Bowl. The same Super Bowl where TO had a huge game on a broken leg.

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It is interesting because for most fan bases things are relative. For instance in San Francisco, it was hard to ever imagine anyone succeeding Joe Montana but Steve Young did. Still Montana would be a crowd favorite between the two. Yet Montana as a Chief still never would have been booed when he came back to SF. Young never left so you cannot tell. In Pittsburgh Bradshaw would not have been booed had he left and Roethlisberger's off field stuff would make things interesting if he came back as a Brown in 10 years or something. But the difference in all of those is they won Super Bowls so they are revered in those cities for such. Same with Aikman and Staubach in Dallas and Brady in New England. Plus none of the affore mentioned guys went to another team that was such a close rival as the Redskins to the Eagles.

Given Philly's attitude toward Santa and other past incidents I would guess they will boo McNabb though I think it is unwarranted. The response should be a pre game cheer and an in game boo as at that point he is a Redskin.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12623

Maybe one of the booing fans could have gotten them a Superbowl ring??? Lots of NFL players would have preferred to play the Superbowl instead of having to watch it on the sidelines. Most NFL players don't make it to the Superbowl any year.

HoofHearted
    HoofHearted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

He will for sure not get booed during introductions but probably will playing during the game. Really impressed the way Vick is playing, I really thought he was washed up. However you can see his speed coming back when he scrabbles.

midoriwilleatyou
    midoriwilleatyou's Avatar Become A Pro!

he won't be booed. he did too much for philly

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

He'll be booed. Odds?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

The Eagles fans will boo McNabb as the Packers fans will boo Farve.

Same situation.