linewiz
    linewiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Ravens at Steelers-week 5-worth a read

Sorry for the goof-up...title of thread should read week 4.

Been on this site alot lately, and enjoying the expertise and picks of alot of knowledgeable people. Though I am sure there will be alot of conversation regarding this game on here, I feel strongly enough to contribute my two cents. I expected this to open at Pitt -3.5, possibly as low as Pitt -3...to my surprise I got it at -1.5 . Ravens are getting too much respect here, in my opinion. Offensively challenged Ravens are going up against red-hot Steeler D, which might be the best in football. While Ravens have formidable D also, circumstances do not favor them. Ray Rice, huge key to Ravens O has severe knee contusion, and questionable for game. Even if he goes, Ravens running game has been mediocre this year, and Steelers have been stuffing the run. Ravens will have to go to air to be successful. Steelers are among sack leaders through three games. If they get pressure on Flacco, I expect him to revert to what we saw two weeks ago in Cincy....rushed throws, bad mechanics, lack of composure. Baltimore will struggle, I believe, to get in end zone. It will not take many points to beat them.

Additionally, Pitt has SU record of 19-5 last three regular seasons at Heinz Field. They have beaten Ravens in Pitt last four, and nine of last ten. And with line at 1 to 1.5, you are essentially picking them to win. While I do not discount Ravens defensive prowess, or number of weapons they have on offense this year (if Flacco can find them), hard to envision a scenario where the Steelers do not win this. Strong on Pitt -1.5, but welcome other views on either side.
    Last edited by linewiz; 09-28-10 at 04:19 AM. Reason: wrong title

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me line to good to be true + RLM! Are there serious steelers missing out or something?
    Could someone explain?

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Well, both of the TDs Wallace caught last week were flukes. Neither deserved to be a touchdown. Take those two scores away and another by a defensive lineman and now it's a much closer game, isn't it? I can't see either the Steelers or the Ravens having much offensive success. If it turns out the winner of this game doesn't manage to score 14 points, I won't be shocked. Baltimore's D may not be as good as it's been in past seasons, but remember, that's a third-string quarterback it's facing. If I had to take a stand on this game, I'd take the points. But I'd prefer to pass and play other games on the board.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

under

jaks440
    jaks440's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    under
    Seems like this is the play -- I don't think most of the TDs the Steelers got last week would happen against Baltimore.

jscott1586
    jscott1586's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

im liking the play as well. also going to consider the under here

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers WIN!

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

I think Baltimore has this game circled.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!

like baltimore here

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

best thing to do would be to take the ravens in a 3 team teaser, it wont be a blowout either way

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    I think Baltimore has this game circled.
    Ya think? BAL comes to play Sunday, but this game is a coin flip either way.

linewiz
    linewiz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore has abysmal history at Heinz Field. Nothing suggests that this will be any different.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I think this is a good time to use a 3 team-10 point teaser, and take the under. 5Dimes has the under at 44.5 with that, and could be coupled with a Lions+26/Packers-6 and Colts +1.5 for what should be an easy win. Pays -110, which isn't bad at all for some very favorable picks

Edit- could also add in Jets +5.5 and Saints -5 for +195 for the 5 team teaser. Looks like a pretty promising bet IMO

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Tease Baltimore to at least +7.5 and you should have an easy cover. Ravens/Steelers games have always been tight as 5 of last 6 decided by less than a td.

bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

yeah I'm on Balt... Batch will look his age against this tough defense. Also, balt is looking up at the steelers, they need a win to catch up in the division. I see a hard nose game, much like that of the ravens-jets week 1. Baltimore 17 - pitt 13

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore and under.

Sports Tsunami
    Sports Tsunami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Remember the Steelers are starting their 4th string QB. As good as Batch looked last week, just remember that fact. Tampa D is not the Balt D.

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a good game. I like the under.

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by linewiz View Post
    Sorry for the goof-up...title of thread should read week 4.
    Additionally, Pitt has SU record of 19-5 last three regular seasons at Heinz Field. They have beaten Ravens in Pitt last four, and nine of last ten. And with line at 1 to 1.5, you are essentially picking them to win. While I do not discount Ravens defensive prowess, or number of weapons they have on offense this year (if Flacco can find them), hard to envision a scenario where the Steelers do not win this. Strong on Pitt -1.5, but welcome other views on either side.
    Those one-sided numbers favoring Pittsburgh, the fact they're one of only three remaining undefeated teams in the NFL and yet they're still only favored by -1.5 points over the visitng Ravens?
    Most teams in this spot would normally be a -3 point favorite to allow for the home field advantage.
    I'm thinking Baltimore might be the wise way to go in this game, if I decide to make a play.
    Tough call either way but that number is too enticing in favor of the Steelers.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I think this is a good time to use a 3 team-10 point teaser, and take the under. 5Dimes has the under at 44.5 with that, and could be coupled with a Lions+26/Packers-6 and Colts +1.5 for what should be an easy win. Pays -110, which isn't bad at all for some very favorable picks

Edit- could also add in Jets +5.5 and Saints -5 for +195 for the 5 team teaser. Looks like a pretty promising bet IMO

i like your thinking,not a bateaser at all

Silverbullet
    Silverbullet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland played Baltimore tough last week and lost 24-17 which I expected Baltimore to be the better team and win by at least 2 TD'S. Steelers defense and offense are playing as one unit and I see them beating the Ravens by 10 and going over the total of 34.5

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Damn poker tournament I was out in 1 hand

Firefox14
    Firefox14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Ya think? BAL comes to play Sunday, but this game is a coin flip either way.
    I agree. This is not the game to place a bet.

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will be a very good game.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Like Baltimore here