GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Futures You Can Take To The Bank

KC Chiefs To Win AFC West +195
    Boys, don't bet this one now. Wait until after week 6 when they are 3-2. This will be around +325 by then in my opinion. They built the perfect 3-0 cushion coming into the bye week and now come into two of the three tough games on their schedule, @ Colts and @ Texans. They will be 3-2 for sure after those. But not to panic, the schedule is ridiculously easy the rest of the way. In week 7 they will rebound with a win at home against the Jags, followed by another win week 8 at home against the Bills to set them up at 5-2. Then they go @ Raiders and @ Broncos, two winnable games but let's say they split those. We are at 6-3. Then they get a win over a bad Cardinals team at home to put them at a 7-3 mark. They then go @ Seahawks and home vs Denver. They should split those putting them at 8-4 and then will go lose @ San Diego to make them 8-5. Then they go @ Rams, home vs Tennesee, and home vs Raiders. Certainly possible for them to sweep that but say they tip up making them 10-6 or 11-5 to close the year. Look @ SD. Of San Diegos schedule since they are at 1-2 right now all we have to do is find 4 losses on their schedule. Well @ Indy will give them big problems so that is one. Then they could trip up @ Cincy, @ Denver, @ Houston, or vs New England. This bet will be close enough to make +300 great value. But remember, wait until after Week 6 when they are 3-2 and San Diego is 4-2 to make your bet.

Look, Kansas City is actually for real this year. The defense is fast and loaded with young playmakers who really fit a 3-4 scheme well. The load is carried by two good running backs one who will pound it at you and one who you can't catch. They have a young tight end who seems like a real player, a big receiver who is a weapon at the goal line and a talented possession guy in Chris Chambers who brings the experience. Matt Cassel isn't as bad as he is made out to be, sure he struggles sometimes but this defense and running game will pick up a lot of his slack. They have a playmaker who can provide a spark with McCluster and a real good return game with the combo of him and Arenas. Get on this... NOT NOW.

Pittsburgh Steelers +175 to win AFC North
    It is ridiculous that this team isn't favored to win the division by a -140 price or something. They clearly have shown with Troy back this defense is one of the best in the league. With a 3-0 start, Big Ben on the way, and a great home field the writing is on the wall for the Ravens and Cincy who need to focus on the Wildcard. Not to mention, Rashard Mendenhall appears to be a workhorse and the best runningback to start for Pitt since the Bus was in his prime. Go ahead, honestly tell me the Steelers can't win this week against the Ravens. Will be a tough game and I will mark it a loss for now but I think they win it. So let's say they are at 3-1 into the bye with Ben coming back. They then pick up an easy win vs Cleveland to put them 4-1. Then they hit a rough patch; @ Miami, @ New Orleans, @ Cincy, vs New England. Looking at that you have seen the Pats and Saints are vulnerable and Miami and Cincy seem to have a hard time throwing the ball. I think they pick up 2 of those wins and sit at 6-3. Then they crush Oakland at home, go to Buffalo and beat the Bills and they are 8-3 going @ the Ravens which we will call a loss but is certainly a game they can win. So 8-4 right now, they beat Cincy at home the following week and then I think they should beat the Jets in Pittsburgh to put them at 10-4. Then they close out the season with wins over Carolina and Cleveland to put them at 12-4. Now I know you may call me crazy saying they will definitley beat the Jets and win 2 of those 4 tough games but I say your crazy thinking they lose to the Ravens twice. So in all fairness, all variance accounted for they are 12-10 win team. What are the Ravens?

They sit at 2-1 heading into Pittsburgh where we gave them the win to hit 3-1. Then they get the Broncos and move to 4-1 but then have to travel to New England where the Pats avenge last years playoff blunder. So 4-2 when they host the Bills and Dolphins who they should both beat to hit 6-2. So we have to find some losses on this schedule. How about @ Texans, @ Atlanta, vs Cincy, vs Pittsburgh, and vs Saints? Think they can drop 3 of those games? I do and as I mentioned before I think the Steelers win this week. Grab some of this future, good value. Oh and yea sure the Bengals are 2-1 but Carson Palmer is terrible and they have @ Cleveland, @ Atlanta, vs Pitt, @ Indy, @ NYJ, vs Saints, @ Pitt, vs San Diego, and @ Ravens. I think they will drop atleast 5 of those. More likely 6.
    Last edited by GiveMeaBJ; 09-28-10 at 02:08 PM.

kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

10-6 definitely looks like a solid projection, exciting because that should be good for a wild card spot at least and I can't wait to bet against this team in the playoffs. Also you're right on the Steelers, I think they win this week and I think that line is fantastic value

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

three comments

1) kansas city will not win the AFC west , please dont forget what happened to denver last year after starting 6-0

2) kansasy city over tennessee ? um , no.

3) i like the pittsburgh bet. but sooner or later ravens will wake up

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

KC +195 is terrible value. Anyone who's drinking the KC Kool Aid is going to be in for a rude awakening. This team isn't for real.

What's the line on SD? SD should be a good bet if they are hanging a line like that on KC.

Pitts +175 is fantastic value. Steelers look like world beaters right now, plus they've got a proven team of players to finish it out.

egreenaway
    egreenaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    KC +195 is terrible value. Anyone who's drinking the KC Kool Aid is going to be in for a rude awakening. This team isn't for real.

What's the line on SD? SD should be a good bet if they are hanging a line like that on KC.

Pitts +175 is fantastic value. Steelers look like world beaters right now, plus they've got a proven team of players to finish it out.
    SD man? They are horrible. I think you can just go ahead and fade them for the rest of the year. KC is the new Patriots with their coaching staff.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

I said don't bet KC until after Week 6. At that point SD should be 4-2 and KC should be 3-2 on a two game losing streak. KC will get destroyed any time they play a good team but the schedule works out perfect for them.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

what was KC to win the div. prior to week1?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    what was KC to win the div. prior to week1?
    I think I saw 10:1 some places.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Looking good so far. Ravens still look strong though. Chargers always good for a run.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Looking good so far. Ravens still look strong though. Chargers always good for a run.

Ravens look strong? Funny thing to say after escaping in OT @ home against the worst team in the NFL.

I still love the Chargers (2-5) to overtake the Chiefs (4-2). I watched the games, the records are deceiving.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25112

Ravens look strong? Funny thing to say after escaping in OT @ home against the worst team in the NFL.

I still love the Chargers (2-5) to overtake the Chiefs (4-2). I watched the games, the records are deceiving.
    Yeah, another slow start by the Chargers. But I think they'll catch/pass the Chiefs before season's end.

Nice odds on Pitt.

slacker00

I put down a small play today on Chargers +250 to win the division.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Not to brag, but I have the Chiefs at +350 (made after week 1) to win the AFC West. And I have a hard time seeing how the Chargers are going to come back to win this division, especially with the Chiefs' remaining schedule (BUF, @Oak, @Den, ARI, @Sea, DEN, @SD, @STL, TEN, OAK). They should be the better team in every one of those games except @SD and TEN... no reason (in my eyes) they won't end up 11-5.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Cinquefoil View Post
    Not to brag, but I have the Chiefs at +350 (made after week 1) to win the AFC West. And I have a hard time seeing how the Chargers are going to come back to win this division, especially with the Chiefs' remaining schedule (BUF, @Oak, @Den, ARI, @Sea, DEN, @SD, @STL, TEN, OAK). They should be the better team in every one of those games except @SD and TEN... no reason (in my eyes) they won't end up 11-5.
    @Seattle is no gimme, Seattle WILL be favored in that game. @Oak & @Den, KC will be lucky if they split those two. @STL is another one that's no gimme the way the Rams are coming together, IF KC is favored, it'll only be slightly, they might not even be favored at all in that game. KC will be lucky to finish around 9-7, finishing this schedule 5-5 with expected lossed @SD, Ten, @Oak/@Den, @Sea and (@STL or an unexpected loss somewhere). I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills go into KC this weekend and pull the upset.

On SD's schedule, I could see them sweeping the board the rest of the way out. This week, hosting TEN, SD rolled them last year in a critical must-win game for TEN and it didn't mean a whole lot to SD. Next is @HOU, which we've seen isn't much of a home field advantage, SD shouldn't be worried with this matchup at all. Denver at home is next, Denver looks like crap right now. @Indy after that is their toughest remaining game, but SD seems to match up well with the Colts and this one might go either way. Oakland at home after that, I think SD gets their revenge and won't sleep on the Raiders again. KC at home after that, which will be a virtual playoff game at that point, again I see SD holding serve and not sleeping on KC. 49ers at home, 49ers will maybe have an interim head coach by then and David Carr will be starting. @Bengals, Bengals will be out of the playoffs by then and maybe another interim head coach with ochocino & TO drama cyclone imploding this team. @DEN to finish the season, even if the Broncos are out of everything, division road games are always pesky, but SD will know whether they need to win or not and might even be resting players for the playoffs at this point.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

GiveMeaBJ, Nice picks! Looks good. You did blow it by saying to wait til KC is 3-2. I did, and was only able to get +120. But who thought SD would lose to the Rams.

Fellas, The Chiefs are for real. The Chargers suck. I understand taking +250 on SD is tempting but this team got embarrased by the Rams, Seattle, and have lost to KC already.

The easy part of SD's schedule is done with. KC also is 2-0 within the division, SD is 0-2.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Some fair points, but I think we're just disagreeing on the premise of whether KC is a decent-to-good football team. I'm not going to say they're a top-five-in-the-AFC team, but they're (according to the numbers I'm using) significantly better than Denver, Oakland, and everyone in the NFC West except Seattle. And if you're right and Seattle is favored in that game, I'll be all over the Chiefs. We'll see... and that's why this is so fun.

Chuck Sims

After Chargers defeat the Titans, their odds on winning the division rose from +250 to +300. Interesting. Must be the Raiders suddenly becoming a contender.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    After Chargers defeat the Titans, their odds on winning the division rose from +250 to +300. Interesting. Must be the Raiders suddenly becoming a contender.
    Maybe it's the release of Randy Moss. If KC gets him, which I think is a decent chance, KC is suddenly dangerous.

Chuck Sims

Maybe it's the release of Randy Moss. If KC gets him, which I think is a decent chance, KC is suddenly dangerous.
    The odds on KC dropped too! At Bookmaker KC was -200 before KC beat Buffalo, Now they are -125. I bet KC at -125 causing the line to move to -130.

Note: SD is +150 at Bookmaker. SD +300 at Matchbook.

Not sold on SD at all. Another punt blocked. Botched snap on extra point try. Rivers throws a pick 6 that luckily was called back because of a penalty.