emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Rule Change on QB needed

Seriously, the roughing the passer play on the pick tonight was the game for the Pack right there. Cutler still had the freaking ball in his hand while he was being hit. Of course you are going to hit high in that case. That is where the ball is. If they are going to protect QB's like that they need to just call a QB down when touched. That is where we are going anyway.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Might as well let them wear panties...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Terrible call. That same hit happens every game in the NFL and is never called. I don't even think Manning or Brady would have gotten that call. Defender beats his man, makes a game-winning play and gets penalized. BS.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

The call on Rogers when he was hit was a little more legit because the defender slammed him and hit Roger's head into the ground. On the Cutler hit the ball was just leaving his hand. The pass rushers are really hamstrung anymore. If you rush too hard you have to stop on a dime or be penalized. Shitty call that probably decided the game.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

I am so sick of them protecting the QB. I could understand if the ball was clearly out of his hands, but jesus the ball was still in his hands. How about the QB not being an idiot for standing there that long. The sad thing is if that was Mike Vick that call is not made. Good luck trying to tackle Mike Vick below the shoulders, above the waist, and your head not involved. Just rule them down when touched and be done with this.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    I am so sick of them protecting the QB. I could understand if the ball was clearly out of his hands, but jesus the ball was still in his hands. How about the QB not being an idiot for standing there that long. The sad thing is if that was Mike Vick that call is not made. Good luck trying to tackle Mike Vick below the shoulders, above the waist, and your head not involved. Just rule them down when touched and be done with this.

Agree. I remember Jack Lambert of the Steelers back in the 70's saying "Let's just put dresses on the QB".

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

i agree with you on that

JayTrotter
    JayTrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!

without HELMET to HELMET the illuminati would not be able to fix games...