Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Punch List for Sunday

Detroit +11.5 to the Vikings?
    I am sure there are a lot of Favre homers that are going to bite on that, but I do not see it happening. Minnesota is not that good, a lot of miscues because the O is not Gelling. I am not going to outright say that Favre's ego and the idea that he does not need to practice or attend camp etc. are to blame, because I think it is clear.

Pittsburgh -1 against Tampa?
    I think Pittsburgh has proven the past two weeks that it is not their offense that needs to show up for them to win games. You could put a high school quarterback in, and their Defense will still set up a win. Too much is being made of the question of who the quarterback will be this week mendenhall will still get some good touches and the defense will score at least once. Pittsburgh's Defense relishes the role of having to carry the team until big Ben gets back. If there was any question of that you may want to look at tape from last week. Fantasy owners know that Pittsburgh's D got them 32 friggin points, (more than most quarterbacks) not sure if I have ever seen that happen. Pittsburgh is my play of the week.

NY Jets +1 @ Miami?
    Not seeing it, I was very skeptical of this over hyped Jets team, but watching them last week left no doubt in my mind that they were a force to be reckoned with. Miami has a great team this year, but they were not overly impressive on offense against either Buffalo or Minnesota (both of which do not have the caliber of defense that the Jets posses). Jets and under in this snooze fest.

So to Recap:

Jets +1 and Under 35.5
    Pittsburgh -1
    and
    Detroit +11.5

Happy hunting this weekend.

I also have a sizable homer bet on My Redskins, but due to my ATS record with my home teams I will not subject you to the risk associated with being a Skinz fan.

Facepunch

I also like the Prick's pick of over 38.5 in the Redskins /Rams game.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really like mia..... so the jets will cover

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

I have a small lean on Minny covering. I have a big bet against Pittsburgh. It pains me too, because I love the Steelers, but I feel a let down game.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

While I agree with your analysis of the Steelers talented and motivated defense, I can't concur with your assessment of the quarterback situation as a non-problem.

Charlie Batch.

Tampa and the points.

Facepunch

I really like the steelers in this spot. If they just rushed Mendenhall 2 out of every four downs, and performed on defense like they did vs. the Titans, this should be an easy win.