steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Week 3 Fantasy Football WR question

Whcich WR do you start out of these 4?

Pierre Garcon, Louis Murphy, Derrick Mason, or Brandon Llyod

Garcon let me down this past week. Murphy has been strong the first two games.

What TE do you start?

Brandon Pettigrew or Fred Davis

steve18

Id appreciate some input guys whenever you get time. You guys have been sharp in the past.

Creamofsomeyoung
    Creamofsomeyoung's Avatar Become A Pro!

Garcon, Big play ability but has taken the back seat in the passing game to Collie, Wayne, and Clark. Could have 1 catch for 5 yds or 7 catches for 130 yds and 2 td's. He's a wild card player, high risk high reward. Depends on what type of player you are and how confident you are in your matchup, do you think you could sacrifice 1 player or does EVERY point count?

D Mason, same thing, he has taken the back seat with the other weapons being brought in, in the offseason and the re-emergence of mr. Todd Heap. Also, which Flacco shows up? Flacco was a stud in this matchup last year, as was Clayton, but that was without Housh, Boldin and this years Todd Heap.

B LLoyd is a sold 3 catch 60 yd receiver, i dont see much potential with him because he is not a big play threat, but a solid possession receiver. Look at the match-up, playing against the colts, i would think the Broncos are going to be in a ball control style of offense come Sunday, which mean they will POUND THE ROCK in order to keep the ball out of Peyton's Laser Rocket Arm. I personally dont see more then 3-6 points here.

Louis Murphy, I would normally say that he is your best bet because Gradkowski seems to favor him, but again you got to look at the matchup. Arizona's D's weakness is the run defense, and with the way D mac ran the ball last weak i would say Raiders will do more of the same come this matchup. Also, Murphy being the#1 on the Raiders means he will matchup with DRC most likely and obvious advantage to DRC.

Rock and a hard place, i would look to the waiver wire personally.

Fred Davis vs Pettigrew, Dates or Figs???

I am a homer, so i would favor Fredy Davis, I expect him to see the field in more double tight-end sets with Cooooooley against the Rams, ecspecially with the skins lack of "defense frightening receivers". But Mcnabb hasnt necessarily shown that he is prone to throw it Davis' way outside of the big play last week against the Texans. I think i potentially could have a big game, thinking that the Rams will focus in on Moss and Cooley. But again, he is another wild card.

Pettigrew has looked good thus far throughout pre-season and the first 2 weeks of the regular season, but with the subtraction of Stafford and Hill going up against a stout Vikings D, i dont see much value here either. However, you could use the logic that the Vikings could be so predisposed with stopping Megatron and Jahvid Best, that Pettigrew could slip through the cracks.

Not much to work with, and i know i didnt simplify things for you, but good luck

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Mason and Pettigrew

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Pettigrew at TE is a no brainer. Fred Davis has been non existent in the offense.

The most upside at WR is still Garcon, if you wanna roll the dice again. Bit id say the most solid play is Mason vs Cleveland, he usually plays well against them and they should be able to get the offense going. If your in a PPR league i probably go with Murphy though, he seems to be Gradkowskis go to guy.

Creamofsomeyoung
    Creamofsomeyoung's Avatar Become A Pro!

See if Mark Clayton is on the wire, he could be a good play again against the skins who have been lit up by #1 receivers this year and Clayton is Bradfords go to guy.

steve18

Thanks for the solid input guys. We have some great Fantasy football insiders on this forum.

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mason and Pettigrew, Davis has no value, Lloyd has no value, Garcon is risky.

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Murphy and Pettigrew are your best bets. Gradkowski will definitely target him and he's facing the Cards who have been quite poor defensively so far this season. If I were you I'd try to find a better tight end via waivers if there are any available, but Pettigrew should definitely will outperform Davis.

Addicted2Cash
    Addicted2Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

take a shot, go with Murphy. As alex mentioned him and Gradkowski seem to have a nice chemistry. dont think Mason would be a bad start either as balt could be looking to run up a score this week. te is no brainer pettigrew between those 2 but again as alex said i would be surprised if you couldnt find just as good or better option on waivers.

ssuperstar
    ssuperstar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Mason and Pettigrew this week for you

steve18

Thanks guys. The problem is that it's a keeper league so there isn't much depth out there at TE.

I'm gonna go with Pettigrew and Murphy. I might have to put Mason in the lineup too if Harvin can't go.