spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

spongerat season long UFL

I went almost 100% last year with sides and totals on every game. The lines are super soft and I'm hoping for similar success this year but we'll see. Its an obscure sport and I'm not even a huge fan, it just seems like easy money.

Anyone else betting this? I was hoping we could have UFL discussion here.

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Last year I didn't get to deep into it but I was 8-2 with all my plays. I am looking to take t further this year.

spongerat

Vegas was favored by 2.5 because they won the championship last year but I think Florida was the better team. I won't count it but I took florida moneyline for a win.

However this was an interesting game. Vegas had 4 turnovers, had possession 5 minutes longer, and had 20 first downs compared to floridas 18 despite only having 186 yards compared to floridas 419. Florida leads the league with 9 penalties for 130 yards while Vegas only had 3 for 14. It looks like Florida's defense is pretty good with Vegas only getting 3/12 3rd down conversions.

Despite Florida having more than twice as many yards, it was a close game and could have been closer had Vegas been able to score on their final drive. Vegas might be the better team giving up 4 turnovers, having fewer yards but still keeping it close to the end.

spongerat

week 2 florida vs Sacramento

I expect Florida is stomp all over Culpepper and Sacramento next week. Sac lost to Hartford 10-27 with only 1 turnover and 200 yards of offense. The line should be 14ish or more but the lines have been soft so it might come out around 7 in which case I will unload on it as well as the over which will be mid 40s. Floridas strong defense will make it hard for Sac to score and if FL can control their penalties and turnovers, this should be an easy cover and win. Predicted final score Florida 40 Sac 13
    Last edited by spongerat; 09-19-10 at 08:31 AM.

shipsn2010
    shipsn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey spongerat, thanks for your insight and your interest to start this thread. Best of luck with your picks.. Anything for this weekend yet..

spongerat

Tonight at 8 is Hartford @ Omaha

This is an interesting situation since no one's seen Omaha play yet and they have the first ever sold out UFL game. Hartford played too well against Sac to lead me to believe that they should be a dog to anyone. Putting up 448 yards with the most rushing yards of any team balanced with an air attack, omaha is going to have to be the top Defensive team in the league for them to not win.

The totals set at 40, Hartford also has pretty good defense and again not much is known about Omaha. I'd have to think they'll be pretty excited for their first home game in front of the first sold out crowd. Hartfords the leading rushing team and with their strong D, I'd lean Under 40 but I'll lay off.

I'll be on Hartford SMALL, after we figure out what kind of team Omaha is I'll either think I'm a genius for hitting a small line, or an idiot playing on the inferior team. Either way its an action junkie play on a team that I know can score.

BTW as of now the lines moving -4 and 40.5 now. I'm thinking a lot of home fans from the soldout crowd pounding the home team and the over. We'll see how Garcia and Clarett do tonight

shipsn2010
    shipsn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks as usual for the insight, I also will lay off for the night.. good luck

spongerat

so I won my Hartford +4.5 bet, I waited until the last second as the soldout crowd in Omaha was pounding the line from +3. My thinking was that Hartford showed me they were a top contender and that for Omaha to cover they would have to perform as the best team in the league. Well it was closer than I thought with the nighthawks winning by 1 and a win for me, but I won't count it since I said it was an action junkie play. I was semi-confident in it and it came through luckily. Hartford had 3 turnovers and still only lost by 1 so I like my play. Hartford also had a 359 to 303 yard advantage which furthers my thoughts about these teams.

For some reason the UFL website isn't listing the existance of the Florida @ Sac game tomorrow but I hope the lines get released soon. Again, I'll be all over Florida minus anything less than 2 touchdowns as I see a total domination. No play on the total as of now. Fingers crossed for Florida -6.5 or less

spongerat

line is florida -4.5 total 41. This line makes no sense but thats UFL betting for ya!

Florida has Vegas again next week so they might be looking ahead but its the last game of their roadtrip until they go home so they'll be focused enough on winning to put away a weak Sac team, even at home.

Florida -4.5 pounded
    total 41 leaning under but its a no play for now