cakasmaloy
    cakasmaloy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 503

Fantasy PPR question

I know this isn't a Fantasy forum but I'd still appreciate some insight if any of you guys can help me out.

I'm in an 8man ppr league with a 4 man bench and have been proposed the following trade.

My Joseph Addai in exchange for his Shonn Green and Beanie Wells.

At first I know most of you are thinking of course I should make this trade, but when considering the small bench and my already strong lineup I am hesitant. I would have to trade addai who has strong ppr value AND drop a player in place of beanie wells who I don't think really has a fit on my team. If I knew for certain that Donald Brown was going to take a large enough workload away from addai then Id be all over this but that uncertainty is killing me.

My team:
    QB SCHAUB
    RB R RICE
    RB DEANGELO WILLIAMS
    WR S SMITH NYG
    WR W WELKER
    TE D CLARK
    FLEX J ADDAI
    -------------------
    WR HINES WARD
    WR TERRELL OWENS
    RB RICKY WILLIAMS
    RB TIM HIGHTOWER

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

make the deal, addai is injury prone and you are getting 2 good young running backs with huge upside.

cakasmaloy

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln73 View Post
    make the deal, addai is injury prone and you are getting 2 good young running backs with huge upside.
    Who would you suggest I drop in place of wells?

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Beanie is basically someone to sweeten the deal.... Many dont see him doing well this year so watch out. And you already have Hightower from the cards.

You have a strong bench. Addai is injury prone, yes, but keep in mind the jets picked up LT so Greene wont be a solid num 1 back....

If you accept... id say kick TO... hes hit or miss... especially with Carson Palmer at QB... thats me though.

cakasmaloy

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    Beanie is basically someone to sweeten the deal.... Many dont see him doing well this year so watch out. And you already have Hightower from the cards.

You have a strong bench. Addai is injury prone, yes, but keep in mind the jets picked up LT so Greene wont be a solid num 1 back....

If you accept... id say kick TO... hes hit or miss... especially with Carson Palmer at QB... thats me though.
    Who would you consider more of a threat to steal touches.... LT from Greene or Donald Brown from Addai?

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Greene is the #1 back in NY. LT will get some of the third down work, but Greene is the workhorse. In Indy its going to be more of a 60/40 split. There is no brainer here. Take the deal.

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by cakasmaloy View Post
    I know this isn't a Fantasy forum but I'd still appreciate some insight if any of you guys can help me out.

I'm in an 8man ppr league with a 4 man bench and have been proposed the following trade.

My Joseph Addai in exchange for his Shonn Green and Beanie Wells.

At first I know most of you are thinking of course I should make this trade, but when considering the small bench and my already strong lineup I am hesitant. I would have to trade addai who has strong ppr value AND drop a player in place of beanie wells who I don't think really has a fit on my team. If I knew for certain that Donald Brown was going to take a large enough workload away from addai then Id be all over this but that uncertainty is killing me.

My team:
    QB SCHAUB
    RB R RICE
    RB DEANGELO WILLIAMS
    WR S SMITH NYG
    WR W WELKER
    TE D CLARK
    FLEX J ADDAI
    -------------------
    WR HINES WARD
    WR TERRELL OWENS
    RB RICKY WILLIAMS
    RB TIM HIGHTOWER
    My first instinct would be to do it so that you have running back depth...but keep in mind that Greene does not catch any passes and in a ppr league you will want the catches in the flex. Also Wells is going to split carries with one of your backs already.

Overall though I would do it because starting running backs are hard to come by and you already have some pass catching running backs on your roster. So do it.

cakasmaloy

Thanks for the advice. Now I just gotta figure out who to drop since I can only hold 4 players on my bench...

Which of these 4 should I drop in 8 man PPR league?

Hines ward
    Terrell Owens
    Ricky Williams
    Tim Hightower

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Take It - ditch Hightower, hes going to be the number two back on an awful arizona team -

IF you have any faith in the Jets then Shonne green is a huge pick-up, he will need to pick up the slack that Jones had last year (1400 yrds, 14 TDs), and Sanchez isn't going to morph in a great passer and the Jets wont morph into a throwing team.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Hightower is out for sure!

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Definitely take this deal. The amount of touches Greene will get will make up for his PPR downside and I could see Addai losing his job to Brown by the end of the season. Thomas Jones had 330 carries last year and Greene still had over 100 and 500 yrds, thats how committed the Jets are to the run. And I would drop Hightower for Beanie or even Ricky if you want to keep the Ari backfield intact.

cakasmaloy

Any other insight with who to drop? I'm worried about droppin Hightower when he might be the one to end up having the big game against STL this weekend. All this beanie wells injury, fumble stuff is scaring me.