illcrushem
    illcrushem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1837

Crush 'Em 2010-2011 NFL Picks

Let's try to make some money. Been betting for just about a year now and have done alright. Not great, not terrible, just alright. I've been doing some research and still have a couple more things I want to check out but figured I'd get a thread started cause I need a break from reading.

Ok so here we go...good luck to everyone.

*EDIT* Removed Situation column in Schedule spreadsheet, as I've decided it may put unnecessary emphasis on last years results over this years performances.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by illcrushem; 08-31-10 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Updated Spreadsheet

illcrushem

Mother effer, sorry about the incomplete schedule spreadsheet, I uploaded the wrong one and then deleted the completed one. I'll have it finished within the hour.
    Last edited by illcrushem; 08-31-10 at 01:00 PM.

illcrushem

Ok, now that we're passed that. Plays will go up either Wednesday or Thursday depending on my schedule and the games schedule. Weel 1 plays should be up Monday or Tuesday.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

good look man. looks strong

illcrushem

Attaching Schedule with Week 1 Lines included.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by illcrushem; 09-06-10 at 06:19 PM.

illcrushem

**Week 1 Picks**

Minnesota @ New Orleans --- I love the Saints in this spot. Super Bowl Champs have won every single opening game since 2000, with the closest wins having been by 3 points with New England beating a very good Colts team with Peyton Manning in 2004 and the Steelers beating Tennessee in a very sloppy game on both ends. The last loss by a returning Super Bowl Champ was Denver in 1999, playing the year after Elway retired. As far as this year, in the two preseason games that the starters actually play in, weeks 2 and 3, the Saints have looked great, while the Vikings have not. As far as Favre not playing extended minutes in week 2, the rest of the starters did and did not look great against a tough opponent in San Francisco, and although they looked better against Seattle...well enough said, Seattle.

**The pick** New Orleans -5.5

Denver @ Jacksonville --- The Jags look like a nice pick in this spot. The Denver defense is suspect against the run and now with Dumervil out, I don't see them performing any better this week. Jacksonville was a top 10 rushing offense last year, and as I don't see Denver running away with this game, Jacksonville will be able to utilize their greatest strength, a strong run game led by Maurice Jones-Drew, against the biggest weakness of Denver, it's poor run defense, that again, I think will be weakened by the absence of Dumervil.

**The pick** Jacksonville -2.5

Green Bay @ Philadelphia --- I really think the Eagles and Kevin Kolb are over-matched here. While there is a lot of excitement about Kolb, let's be honest with ourselves, his two 300 yard performances last season came against a Saints defense that gave up 238 yards per game and were more concerned with outscoring opponents and the Chiefs who were adjusting to a new scheme and lacked talent in the defensive backfield. They also gave up more than 300 yards through the air to 3 of their first 5 opponents with the two exceptions being Eli Manning only getting 292 yards in a Giants offense that was relying on young, inexperienced WRs and JaMarcus Russell and the Oakland Raiders,

**The pick** Green Bay -3

Attached is the final update of NFL schedule for week 1 (lines are up to date as of time plays were posted and bets were in)
    Attached Files

illcrushem

Not bad 2-1 start, would have been 3-0 had I gotten on New Orleans earlier, but I'm learning and thought it would have bee a good idea to wait until closer to the game...oh well rookie mistake. May add a pick for tonight's or tomorrow's games, but I doubt it. Hope you all had a better weekend than me.

illcrushem

Schedule with formulas included

So all you have to do is enter the lines and the final scores. Also Week 2 lines added.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by illcrushem; 09-14-10 at 02:29 PM.

illcrushem

**Week 2 Picks**

Kansas City @ Cleveland --- As much as I hate the idea of picking Kansas City in this spot, on the road, as dogs on a short week, against a team that beat them last year at Arrowhead, I simply think they are the better team here by far. The fact that they are getting points only helps. Also, while I don't really expect Cleveland to get caught looking ahead too much since they really have nothing to look towards, they do have a "big" divisional road game next week at Baltimore. Kansas City's rookies looked very fast this past Monday night in the rain, and I only expect them to gain speed as they gain confidence and get used to life in the NFL. Expect a big game from Jamaal Charles and don't be surprised if Dexter McCluster does some things.

**The pick** Kansas City +2.5

Miami @ Minnesota --- This will be Minnesota's home opener and I am expecting a lot more from them then they showed on opening night. I think that Brett Favre and the rest of the offense will definitely take a big step up here against a Miami defense that can absolutely be scored on both through the air and on the ground. Miami's offense on the other hand performed very poorly against an underrated Buffalo defense, but Buffalo isn't Minnesota. Minnesota should win by at least a touchdown here.

**The pick** Minnesota -5.5

Seattle @ Denver --- I look for Seattle to keep the positive momentum from last week going here. While San Francisco imploded last week, I don't think Denver has the weapons to match up with what Seattle can do with a healthy Hasselbeck. Seattle was a sexy pick to win this division back when Leinart was supposed to be the starter for Arizona before Warner took over, and as long as Hasselbeck can stay healthy I think they can be again, especially if San Francisco's offense continues to look like my Jets.

**The pick** Seattle +3.5

Speaking of my Jets, though i refuse to make a play on or against them, I (unofficially of course) don't see them having a chance in their game against New England and that they can probably lose by 10 or more. Brady just has too many weapons and I think Rex and Shotty and Sanchez may try to force some things offensively against a team that is too well coached for that kind of stuff. I wish them the best of luck though and hopefully Kyle Wilson grows up quick.

illcrushem

Quote Originally Posted by illcrushem View Post
    **Week 2 Picks**

Kansas City @ Cleveland --- As much as I hate the idea of picking Kansas City in this spot, on the road, as dogs on a short week, against a team that beat them last year at Arrowhead, I simply think they are the better team here by far. The fact that they are getting points only helps. Also, while I don't really expect Cleveland to get caught looking ahead too much since they really have nothing to look towards, they do have a "big" divisional road game next week at Baltimore. Kansas City's rookies looked very fast this past Monday night in the rain, and I only expect them to gain speed as they gain confidence and get used to life in the NFL. Expect a big game from Jamaal Charles and don't be surprised if Dexter McCluster does some things.

**The pick** Kansas City +2.5

Miami @ Minnesota --- This will be Minnesota's home opener and I am expecting a lot more from them then they showed on opening night. I think that Brett Favre and the rest of the offense will definitely take a big step up here against a Miami defense that can absolutely be scored on both through the air and on the ground. Miami's offense on the other hand performed very poorly against an underrated Buffalo defense, but Buffalo isn't Minnesota. Minnesota should win by at least a touchdown here.

**The pick** Minnesota -5.5

Seattle @ Denver --- I look for Seattle to keep the positive momentum from last week going here. While San Francisco imploded last week, I don't think Denver has the weapons to match up with what Seattle can do with a healthy Hasselbeck. Seattle was a sexy pick to win this division back when Leinart was supposed to be the starter for Arizona before Warner took over, and as long as Hasselbeck can stay healthy I think they can be again, especially if San Francisco's offense continues to look like my Jets.

**The pick** Seattle +3.5

Speaking of my Jets, though i refuse to make a play on or against them, I (unofficially of course) don't see them having a chance in their game against New England and that they can probably lose by 10 or more. Brady just has too many weapons and I think Rex and Shotty and Sanchez may try to force some things offensively against a team that is too well coached for that kind of stuff. I wish them the best of luck though and hopefully Kyle Wilson grows up quick.
    ***Adding Play of the Week***

Gonna add a Play of the Week and keep track of it. Today it is Kansas City, the line right now is +3, but I guess I'll take it at the +2.5 that I got it at earlier.

So,

**Play of the Week**

Kansas City +2.5 --- Jake Delhomme is out this week, Seneca Wallace, well he's Seneca Wallace

illcrushem

Ehhh 1-2 this week, guess I'll have to do some more homework. Hope you all did better than I did

illcrushem

Sorry not write-up this week, I've been real busy.

Detroit Lions +12
    Cincinnati Bengals -3
    Philadelphia Eagles -3

**Play of the Week**
    NY Jets +2.5

illcrushem

Quote Originally Posted by illcrushem View Post
    Sorry not write-up this week, I've been real busy.

Detroit Lions +12
    Cincinnati Bengals -3
    Philadelphia Eagles -3

**Play of the Week**
    NY Jets +2.5
    3-1 this week, Play of the Week is 2-0, feeling good. No play yet, but I like Chicago tonight and the over.

illcrushem

Week 4 Picks

Tennessee Titans -6.5 -- I think they'll run all day on Denver's D, and forget about Denver trying to keep up there average of 350yds/g through the air, that's not gonna happen here.

Cincinnati Bengals -2.5 -- The Bengals will handle their business here.

Baltimore Ravens +2.5 -- About time Pittsburgh remembers they don't get their QB back until week 6.

illcrushem

Adding....
    **Play of The Week**
    Chicago Bears +3
    Risking 3u to win 3.3u

illcrushem

Embarrassing week

illcrushem

***Week 5***

Chicago Bears +3 -- I don't think Clausen is ready and Todd Collins should be able to get the job done with a week of practice with the top group. Risking 3.3

San Diego Chargers -6.5 -- Are the Charges ready to roll now? I think so. Risking 3.3

Tennessee Titans +7 -- The bye week came at the worst time for the Cowboys and I look for Tennessee to come out strong. Risking 3.3

*Play of the Week*
    St. Louis Rams ML +140 - risking 5 units
    Last edited by illcrushem; 10-10-10 at 02:24 PM.

illcrushem

Also adding:

Houston Texans -3 -- Nice win by the Giants last week, don't think they'll match that effort this week though. Risking 1.1
    Last edited by illcrushem; 10-10-10 at 01:54 PM.

illcrushem

Ughhhhh

illcrushem

Working on some stuff, lookin promising, but probably won't be final until week 8 or so

illcrushem

Ok Test run in week 7, still working on some things.

New England Patriots +2.5, risking 5.5 to win 5
    Last edited by illcrushem; 10-24-10 at 03:04 PM.