SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carr agrees to one year deal with the Giants

QB David Carr has agreed to terms of a one-year deal with the Giants, according to a person familiar with the negotiations who is not authorized to speak for the Giants.

The deal, which Carr is signing now, is worth $1 million plus incentives. Carr will serve as the veteran backup to Eli Manning, and is aware he's not competing for the starting job, but he's happy about the chance to get his career back on track in a positive, post-Super Bowl championship environment, said a person familiar with Carr's thinking. He is also excited to work with Giants quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer, who was the Texans' offensive coordinator during Carr's first four seasons in Houston.
    Source

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

As far as the positive post-Super Bowl championship environment goes what happens when the bottom falls out next year?

Anyway, I don't think Carr is anything special but it's still a good pickup by the g-men.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm rooting for Carr. But I also rooted for Tim Couch.

I don't think the bottom is going to fall out for the Giants. They are basically returning everyone that mattered. I'm not predicting a repeat. But, if they don't get back to the playoffs in 2008, I'll be very suprised.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I can think of 50 retired QBs that are not even ever going to be on the hall of fame ballot that are better right NOW than Carr - he's the worst QB I've seen since Rex! hehe - seriously tho, he's freakin terrible.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I can think of 50 retired QBs that are not even ever going to be on the hall of fame ballot that are better right NOW than Carr - he's the worst QB I've seen since Rex! hehe - seriously tho, he's freakin terrible.
    Dude. He's Mr. Irrelevant at this point. He might as well be backing up Peyton or Brady. He won't see action anytime soon. He's not on anyone's top 50 list.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9582

I think the Giants learned their lesson last season when Manning went down early with the shoulder injury and looked like he might miss a few weeks. Turned out he didn't, but Jared Lorenzen ("The Pillsbury Throw Boy) does not look like he can play in the NFL.

Carr is terrible, but with the Giants running game and defense, he could win a few games if Manning were to get hurt.

tarcats
    tarcats's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carr can't win anything for the Giants!!

Bad move,they better hope Manning does not go down.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by tarcats View Post
    Carr can't win anything for the Giants!!

Bad move,they better hope Manning does not go down.
    Just like the Patriots hope Brady doesn't go down. Just like the Colts hope Peyton doesn't go down. Just like every other premium team in the NFL will have problems when their starter goes down. Carr is as good a backup as anyone else in the NFL. Who do you want to see the Giants sign as a backup? Culpepper? He'll cost a lot more and might be worse. lol