SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Hey Preseason Betting Junkies

If you want to make money from this point forward in the preseason it's pretty easy:

Second week of games:

If the over is lower than 40 then you should probably take the over. First string usually plays into the second quarter and then the second stringers come out to play. Good thing about the second stringers is that everyone is playing for a job and that either gives you offensive or defensive points in the second half. Field position is also helpful in these games due to defensive and offensive players playing for JOBS and for the most part that will help your total play via either Defensive playmakers or Offensive playmakers or Offensive fuckups or Defensive fuckups.

Third week of games:

You really need to cap these games on NFL talent vs. playing for jobs. By this point in the preseason the pointspread is usually the way to go. Starters play into the third quarter and you don't get the 'playing for jobs points to help the total like you would in weeks 1 and 2. If the teams playing are naturally offensive in nature and can light up the scoreboard then the total is worth a look. What you need to keep in mind during this week of games is offensive gameplanning (minus the open playbook) vs. defensive gameplanning looking for stops. Sure you might get some trash points in the fourth quarter but this is the most realistic opportunity you have to cap the NFL as you would a regular season game.

Fourth week of games:

College football is here so **** this week. If you bet the fourth week of preseason you deserve to lose and I have no pity for your degenerate nature. There is NO ADVANTAGE in placing anything beyond 'fun money' on this slate of games. Nobody gives a shit about these games except the wannabe 'get a job' fellas trying to impress the coach. Problem is that you have no idea what side of the ball is going to bring it and you might as well bang college ball and do this week of NFL for fun.

If you bet this week of games you suck and you deserve to lose and have vinny knock on your door with a baseball bat and get your ass beat.

There you go you junkies.

Hope it helped.

mcbogo
    mcbogo's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanx. good job

superman613
    superman613's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree 100%

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

alot of it makes sense good look

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Good stuff.

jedikarl
    jedikarl's Avatar Become A Pro!

the over is already on a run of 9 straight wins(if you include pats-falcons at 37) and i agree with alot of what you are saying the over should continue to dominate this week.

vboyt
    vboyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Interesting post.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who likes the Ravens tonight?
    3 good QB's

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Who likes the Ravens tonight?
    3 good QB's
    Can't bet against Skins this preseason. Shanahan now 42-19.

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Great insight thanks.

pyro
    pyro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Can't wait for the regular season to actually start!

C Dippa
    C Dippa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post

Second week of games:

If the over is lower than 40 then you should probably take the over.
    The only game with a total over 40 this week is HOU/NO

Your betting rule applies to over 93% of the games this week, so I have a hard time buying into that strategy.

To clarify, you think it is a good idea to take the over in ANY or EVERY game this week except for HOU/NO?
    Last edited by C Dippa; 08-20-10 at 05:52 PM. Reason: grammar

COOGI
    COOGI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Who likes the Ravens tonight? 3 good QB's
    raven's not playing tonight

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by C Dippa View Post
    The only game with a total over 40 this week is HOU/NO

Your betting rule applies to over 93% of the games this week, so I have a hard time buying into that strategy.

To clarify, you think it is a good idea to take the over in ANY or EVERY game this week except for HOU/NO?

Dude....I said you should probably take the over.

Did I say go ahead and bet your wad on every single game? No that's why this thread is called "hey preseason BETTING JUNKIES"........

When you first start out gambling......usually people bet every ******* game....every ******* hour.....every ******* day......every ******* minute of LIFE until they have no life left.......

Then you realize.......DING....DING.....DING..... .

I could bet HALF the games or pick some that show a clear advantage and make a SHIT-TON more money......with a SHIT-TON less stress and then you can turn the tables on that ************ Vinnie and get all 'heavy and shit' with him until he pays you.

That strategy worked this week if you took teams that could actually score.

Would I recommend that for the Jets/Panthers........HELL NO.......

But if you had good offense vs. good offense than that strategy PAID you this weekend.

The guys that are LOSERS in this game are the guys that need action on every game....every session.

The guys that make money find an advantage and go bigger on a few and cash out more.

Hope that helped all you junkies that follow the SBR posters that take about 5-10 games a session every time they post.

You can't win that way.

Look at the "Smackdowns Back" thread.

3-0 this weekend and up 16 units.

While those HEROS that gave you 16 picks this weekend probably lost the ol asshole and took you down the ******* drain with them.

GL!