The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Indianapolis Colts offensive line is depleted

Long time center Jeff Saturday underwent Arthroscopic knee surgery yesterday to add to the woes. Saturday is a key figure in the Colts offense. In the past when he was out, there were problems. All in all the Colts line is the weakest part of the team. We know how important that is and with a team which cannot run the ball well to begin with, we have reason to be concerned.

JayTrotter
    JayTrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everything dies. Is this the year that the Colts double digit wins money train falls of the track??
    They have to contend with, the Super Bowl Loser's curse, Peyton's neck surgery, an O line that is not pretty, a lot of anonymous CBs, two aging and fragile speed rushers, Bob Sanders getting hurt and missing games (27 games in the last 4 years), and the departure of their O-line coach, who was there from the start!
    Also what happened the last time, a team that had been coached by Tony Dungy, went to the super bowl the year after he left? Caldwell has some problems on his hands.

Colts 7-9???

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah, that O-line is getting old for NFL Standards.

The General

I'll predict 10-7 at best

The General

Indy may not see 10 wins this season with their line play. Can't run, can't stop run. Terrible combo guys. All of the drafts since Peyton has been there and the team doesn't address the biggest weaknesses. They do deserve what they get. They could have a great team and I like Bill, but Polian has not built a defense that will win titles. The best run was in the 06 playoffs. The team has ignored the biggest need to have a Very good defense and the O-Line hasn't been good at run blocking for a long time. They can protect Manning, yes. (even though he was hit ALOT Sunday). They need to be versatile and be able to run the ball also. That hasn't been the case though and Peyton is alike Marino. GREAT QB with little help where the help needs to be. The fat guys up front do serve purpose and a great purpose at that. Ah well, at least we broke records and won some games , just not the biggest games. As a Hoosier and a Colt fan it has been sad to sit and watch. Just last season, there were 6 plus games that Indy could have easily lost which they won. That will not happen again this season. and, last years run to the Super bowl was not impressive. The teams we played in the playoffs weren't that great. I just wish over all these years we would have fielded a Serious defense. Defenses alone can account for many wins, but not in INDY. Not then and certainly not now since the offense which is so precision is easy to figure out. Darn it is a shame. I can feel the Miami fans pain having Dan Marino all of those years but not getting him the help. Marino and Manning share the same traits in many ways. Especially tremendous QB's in history but really not the help aside them they need to get the titles. Why I ask, Why?