ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

nothing would suprise me, the parity in the NFL brings new teams to the top of the heap every year

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Ravens may have best offense they have ever had (since moving to Baltimore), even if defense slips a little bit, it is still good enough to win games as long as the offense performs as expected.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Ravens may have best offense they have ever had (since moving to Baltimore), even if defense slips a little bit, it is still good enough to win games as long as the offense performs as expected.
    exactly.

The defense may not be as good as previous years but is still capable of performing. Especially with a good offense comin out this year

richyrich8478
    richyrich8478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i def think so... they got the playmakers in the right positions, the style of flacco and ray rice and boldin are all tough players and i think that will help like crazy also got a great running/pass rush defense.. they just cant give up as many big pass plays

vegasfred
    vegasfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2581

You have to think a little more outside of the box. There is a good chance that they DO NOT make the playoffs. Not because they have regressed in anyway (a debate for another time) or are not a solid team. It's because of simple odds. There are a lot of good teams in the AFC and they can't ALL make the playoffs. The only sure way to make the playoffs is to win the division. Will they? I give them a better chance then either Cincy or Pitt, but I believe it will be a dogfight. If they don't win, they'll be battling for one of the 2 wildcards which will include some combination of NYJ, NE, Miami, Hou, Tenn, Jax, KC (don't count them out this year) and the other team that doesn't win the AFC North. In essence, 6 teams that are theoretically in the running for the playoffs will NOT make it.

I'm not saying Balt won't make the playoffs, but there should be NO SURPRISE if they didn't. Every year 1 or 2 teams surprise and make the playoffs, subsequently 1 or 2 more teams that expected to make it get left out.

Would it surprise anybody if it shook out this way?

AFC East: NYJ
    AFC South: IND
    AFC North: Cinn
    AFC West: SD
    Wild C: NE, Pitt

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

When did the Ravens become a better than average offense. I keep hearing these names, Rice, Bolden, and Flacco, but none of them are all pros as Ravens.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    When did the Ravens become a better than average offense. I keep hearing these names, Rice, Bolden, and Flacco, but none of them are all pros as Ravens.
    Last year. Ray Rice made the pro bowl.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Flacco was first rookie to make his way to AFC championship game 2 years back
    Rice broke out of his shell last year after an injury 2 years ago hindered his play and he was sharing with Mcclane and Mcgahee...
    Bolden was picked up in the offseason for a much needed WR group...

And VegasFred that was a very good post and you are right 100%..
    Pitt may do alright towards the end of the year but it will be difficult without Big Ben for the first 4? games.
    Cleveland will be stuck rebuilding and i dont see them doing much this year. May shock a few teams like last season.
    As for Cinci... history repeats itself and they have not had back to back winning seasons in like 30 years...
    This could be the year... but TO and Ocho in the same locker room could be a bad thing since they both crave attention...

If the ravens stay healthy they have a good shot at winning the division. Cinci will be the biggest obstacle though.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post

Wow, the league must have been down last year then. Ray Rice a Pro Bowler? I didn't know he was even the starter or every down back. I knew McGahee and MCClain had been carrying the load, but I thought they split the carries equally and MCGahee stole all the vulture goal line touchdowns. I knew Rice was big play material, but not pro bowl material. I still don't think he can carry the Ravens to the playoffs though.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I don;t quite think you realize that Ray Rice is good and did carry the load

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Its the NFL, nothing should surprise anyone. I wouldn't even flinch if the colts went 5-11.
    Last edited by lakerboy; 08-05-10 at 10:57 PM.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

not really, especially with all those holes in the secondary they will probably give up big plays.

knelson
    knelson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I would be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs. That is assuming Ed Reed will play tho.

vegasfred
    vegasfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2581

Wow, the league must have been down last year then. Ray Rice a Pro Bowler? I didn't know he was even the starter or every down back. I knew McGahee and MCClain had been carrying the load, but I thought they split the carries equally and MCGahee stole all the vulture goal line touchdowns. I knew Rice was big play material, but not pro bowl material. I still don't think he can carry the Ravens to the playoffs though.
    2010 Rusing Stat for Baltimore:

Rice: 254 Att, 1339 yds, 7 TD
    McGahee: 109 Att, 544 yds, 12 TD
    McClain: 46 Att, 180 yds, 2 TD

Rice also had 78 Rec for 702 yds and 1 TD.
    Last edited by vegasfred; 08-06-10 at 12:20 PM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Broncos awful draft giveaway to the Ravens will secure the Ravens into the playoffs.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I wouldnt be surprised at all and I am not sure why anyone else would be. Six months ago before any offseason activities the bengals were the true favorite and they are today. Both teams offseason acquisitions have been good but you could easily argue the bengals have much more to look forward to because of guys returning from injury.

But, either way 3 teams are competiting for 2 spots if they are lucky, if not just 1. The steelers are not out of it and the bengals are in it and just got alittle better.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

My bad. Those Ravens are pretty damn good. Should have won all of them.

Bankroll$10
    Bankroll$10's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the ravens are slightly overrated because one of their qualities is the inability to make adjustments at halftime. the majority if not all of their losses they were winning at halftime

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Ravens did themselves in again by shitting their pants on offense and giving up a big play on defense. All good points on the Ravens.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I'm betting the Ravens season total UNDER next year.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I'm betting the Ravens season total UNDER next year.
    Why?

First 12