DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

NFC East Predictions

Being that i am a giants fan i will start with them

NY GIANTS
    - went 8-8 last year after starting strong . there defense was very suspect late in the season , and in big moments they gave up big plays. they did draft a good DE , and acquired Antrel Rolle. which should help , but even tho i predict a 9-7 season they wont win division , but will make wild card.

Panthers-W
    @Colts-W
    Titans-L
    Bears-W
    @Texans-L
    Lions-W
    @Cowboys-L
    @Seahawks-W
    Cowboys-W
    @eagles-W
    Jags-W
    Redskins-L
    @vikings-L
    eagles-W
    @packers-L
    @redskins-L

Giants- 9-7
    -------------------------------------------
    Eagles- i'm going to make this short and sweet. they lost Mcnabb . Kevin Kolb is starting QB , by the looks of it Vick will be in some trouble .i don't like there chances to do anything this year unless Kolb surprises me and the world. i have them going 4-12 , because mcnabb was the eagles. and with a tough schedule i have my doubts about this team.

Greenbay-L
    @Detriot-W
    @Jacksonville-W
    Washington-L
    @SanFran-L
    Atlanta-L
    @Ten-L
    Indi- W
    Wash-W
    Giants-L
    @Chicago-L
    Texans-L
    @Dallas-L
    Giants-L
    Minn-L
    Dallas-L

Eagles- 4-12
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Redskins- only big addition ive seen from them was mcnabb, which was huge but i dont think it puts them over the top. they have a big distraction at DT , and i mean literally big . that will not be good for locker room and chemistry which they need badly right now .8-8 is what i think they go this year. beating the giants twice! i think they have the right weapons and mcnabb will step his game up for this Rivalry .

Cowboys-L
    Texans-L
    Rams-W
    Eagles-W
    Packers-L
    Colts-L
    Bears-W
    Lions-W
    Eagles-W
    Titans-L
    Vikings-L
    Giants-W
    Bucs-L
    Cowboys-L
    Jags-W
    Giants-W

Reskins 8-8
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys- they will win division. They took a great team that has just underachieved past few years and made them better. dez bryant should be great addition and improve a O that already is feared . 12-4 is what they go .

@Washignton-W
    Chicago-W
    @Texans-L
    Ten-W
    @Minn-W
    Giants-W
    Jacksonville-W
    @GreenBay-L
    @Giants-L
    Detroit-W
    Saints-L
    Colts-W
    Philly-W
    Redskins-W
    Arizona-W
    Philly-W

Cowboys- 12-4
    -----------------------------------------------------

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Why does it seem like every other thread in here is all about grossly overrating McNabb?

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

looks pretty good but ill give eagles two more wins

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Why does it seem like every other thread in here is all about grossly overrating McNabb?
    Yeah, McNabb only wins twice as many games as he loses, puts up pro bowl numbers year after year and takes his team to the playoffs year after year and wins playoff games year after year. QBs like that are easy to find, you just have to look to the NFL Hall Of Fame to find a list of QBs that do that.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Yeah, McNabb only wins twice as many games as he loses, puts up pro bowl numbers year after year and takes his team to the playoffs year after year and wins playoff games year after year. QBs like that are easy to find, you just have to look to the NFL Hall Of Fame to find a list of QBs that do that.
    You can't just go off career numbers. It wouldn't be smart to start Dan Marino or Steve Young in 2010. As long as you're building a nursing home in your backfield, why not give Emmitt Smith a call?

In the early part of his career, McNabb was a superstar lifting up a subpar team. Lately he's had a good squad around him, but since all the injuries have piled up, McNabb is just an above-average pocket passer. If you think he's been entirely responsible for the success of the Eagles, how did Feely and Garcia do so well when they filled in for him?

I know I've quoted this stat a dozen times, but last year, Donovan McNabb was 12th in passer rating. He is not a player that will make a 4-12 perennial cellar dweller into a contender, and I don't know if there is any one single player that could. McNabb has horrible intangibles, playing some of his worst games in the biggest moments, and being called out by former teammates like Hugh Douglas for poor leadership. His red zone numbers have been awful as of late.

I'm not one of those guys that's been calling for McNabb's head year in and year out. I honestly feel Philly has been unfair to him, and now we are the fans who cried wolf. After watching him miss four open receivers the last series in Arizona and show up in big D looking like a zombie two weeks in a row, I had enough. So have the Eagles coaching staff. But obviously, Dan Snyder is smarter than the Eagles coaches, players, and fans. That's why his organization has had such great sustained success lately

At this point, I'm done discussing this topic with you. You don't seem to want to discuss any of the points of the matter and just keep making broad generalizations. Swapping the number 15 QB for the number 12 doesn't take you from 4-12 to 12-4, but I guess redskins fans need something to put their blind faith in.

miley
    miley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1042

If Giants trouble with injuries ever stops they will go 11-5. Dallas is overrated. I see 10-6 or 9-7 for them.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by miley View Post
    If Giants trouble with injuries ever stops they will go 11-5. Dallas is overrated. I see 10-6 or 9-7 for them.
    I agree, the Giants collapse last year was mostly injuries. I also think they'll get whatever's wrong with their pass rush figured out. No way should Osi be a backup.

Any reason you think Dallas shouldn't do well? Tony Romo keeps proving me wrong.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

You can't just go off career numbers. It wouldn't be smart to start Dan Marino or Steve Young in 2010. As long as you're building a nursing home in your backfield, why not give Emmitt Smith a call?.
    McNabb is 33 years old. If you think he's old, what do you think about Peyton Manning who is 34? Again, as most of the Hall Of Fame QBs have demonstrated, they can play well into their 30s.

In the early part of his career, McNabb was a superstar lifting up a subpar team. Lately he's had a good squad around him, but since all the injuries have piled up, McNabb is just an above-average pocket passer. If you think he's been entirely responsible for the success of the Eagles, how did Feely and Garcia do so well when they filled in for him?.
    Garcia was a pro bowler before he came to the Eagles (with the 49ers) and a pro bowler after he left the Eagles (With the Bucs). Should it surprise anyone that he filled in just fine when he was with the Eagles?

As for Feeley, go double check that. Feeley didn't do that great. His best games were week 17 games which didn't mean anything to anyone, with McNabb sitting on the bench resting for the playoffs. Those might as well be classified as preseason games.

I know I've quoted this stat a dozen times, but last year, Donovan McNabb was 12th in passer rating. He is not a player that will make a 4-12 perennial cellar dweller into a contender, and I don't know if there is any one single player that could. McNabb has horrible intangibles, playing some of his worst games in the biggest moments, and being called out by former teammates like Hugh Douglas for poor leadership. His red zone numbers have been awful as of late..
    You contradict your own thesis statement above. "You can't just go off career numbers."

So, which is it? Can we look at McNabb's career to assess his ability or not?

I'm not one of those guys that's been calling for McNabb's head year in and year out. I honestly feel Philly has been unfair to him, and now we are the fans who cried wolf. After watching him miss four open receivers the last series in Arizona and show up in big D looking like a zombie two weeks in a row, I had enough. So have the Eagles coaching staff. But obviously, Dan Snyder is smarter than the Eagles coaches, players, and fans. That's why his organization has had such great sustained success lately .
    Shanny brought McNabb in, not Snyder. That's an important point. Snyder has relinquished full control for the first time in his regime. Let me repeat, Shanny has full control over personnel. Snyder has thrown in the towel and conceded defeat. It took him over a decade to realize that he's not a football guy, but at least that puts him ahead of guys like Al Davis and Jerry Jones, whose constant meddling only drive their respective teams into the ground.

At this point, I'm done discussing this topic with you. You don't seem to want to discuss any of the points of the matter and just keep making broad generalizations. Swapping the number 15 QB for the number 12 doesn't take you from 4-12 to 12-4, but I guess redskins fans need something to put their blind faith in.
    Who said the Redskins were going to go 12-4? That's called a straw man argument and it is a logical fallacy.

I don't believe you are done trolling about McNabb. Nobody was crying about McNabb in this thread until you showed up. So, go ahead and eat your words because I know you can't resist making more foolish statements.
    Last edited by slacker00; 07-11-10 at 07:42 AM.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

I think Dallas will take it home this year.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you have the Eagles beating Washington once and losing once while you have the Redskins beating the Eagles twice?

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

You gotta like Dallas coz I like Romo will finally have the year everybody think he can have.....

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Eagles will have a better year than 4-12. I expect 8-8. Cowboys probably win that division, but fold quickly in the playoffs

jlgarciaiii22
    jlgarciaiii22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3722

Dallas Cowboys are the real deal this year... Romo will finally get it right

DaProfessor23

mcnabb doesnt have half the O he had with the eagles. think this year it will show it. i cna only pray the giants go 11-5 or 10-6 . would be the best bday present

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

icancount2one speaks words of wisdom.

At this point in his career, McNabb is clearly limited. He's lost most if not all of his mobility and if far from being an accurate passer. The one thing he has going for him is his strong arm. It continues to amaze me how out of touch people who aren't from Philadelphia are when it comes to McNabb. He did a lot of good things here and was a major reason the Eagles went from being so bad to being so good. But as expectations rose and the pressure built, McNabb would fail to rise to the occasion. He'll go down as a very good quarterback, but right now it is clear that the Eagles are in a youth movement and that it is time to go with Kolb.

Anyways, as for my predictions...

1. Cowboys 11-5
    2. Giants 9-7
    3. Eagles 8-8
    4. Redskins 7-9

texan13
    texan13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every time everyone picks Dallas to win they lose it. It will be the same this year.

DaProfessor23

giants just signed keith bullock to replace pierce . great addition , he if plays good giants have very good D !!! im very happy about this move!

icancount2one

Yeah, the Giants are flying under the radar this year, people don't realize how unlucky they got with injuries last year. I definitely think the Beast is a 3 horse race this year. Dez Bryant looking good from day one has be a little scared, but we'll see how Doug Free holds up against some of the scariest defensive ends in the game (one half looking good against Jared Allen is far from conclusive).

And thanks, t-wizzle. If you don't watch the games, it's easy to fall into the SportsCenter storylines.