pacattack81
    pacattack81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Tiki Barber...Where are you now?...HAHA

Funny how the Giants were able to do it without you...you said Coughlin was the reason you left...Coughlin just brought his team to the super bowl!!!

By the way i took the Giants 30-1 to win the superbowl over a month ago for the hell of it...only $100 but who knows maybe they'l win...13 point underdogs is a joke...they will cover that in their sleep

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Not only that, but the NBC team, especially Madden, kissing his ass early in the season saying "The Giants need you back." No they don't.

pacattack81

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Not only that, but the NBC team, especially Madden, kissing his ass early in the season saying "The Giants need you back." No they don't.
    yea, another thing i found funny this week was that Troy Aikmen was slamming the giants all game long against the cowboys...way to show an indifferent approach to announcing the game...isn't that what broadcasters are suppose to do?...it was nice to see him give the giants props this week

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Again...who cares about these things? Why they continue to be part of the forum, I am not quite sure. Who cares about Tiki Barber? Who cares about a poster's favorite team? Who cares if the Giants are better or worse with Tiki? He's retired....his name should only be brought up if it relates to sports trivia or something.

We are here to find value and pick winners on sides of games....not to debate if the Giants are better with or without Tiki Barber. All we care about is whether a team covers or not, and that's it. You are suppose to be a gambler....there are forums out there for sports talk that address these issues.

Now to the important stuff, I am not sure, I think you might be overreacting to NYG performence the past 3 weeks like many others are. True, NE has been "struggling" as DH states despite somehow still being perfect, but 13 pts is a very fair line and if anything, it is already shaded toward the Giants a bit. Considering how poor the NYG secondary is, there level of playoff inexperience compared to NE, and the talent differential at virtually every position on the field I think you are underestimating NE and overestimating NYG. I have a slight lean as of now toward NE but we'll see how it goes. To me, right now, this is a NYG playing in way over their heads. They beat a very overrated TB team, then beat a Dallas team who was stumbling into the playoffs, and then beat GB which i feel was their most impressive win. Before the playoffs, they had done nothing.

However, their 10 games they've won on the road is very impressive and that should not be discounted at all. Plus Tom Coughlin is a very good coach so I can see making a good case for NYG but I need more than that.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

LOL @ Tikki maybe he can go d own to Zona as a reporter, has to be eating at him

pacattack81

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Again...who cares about these things? Why they continue to be part of the forum, I am not quite sure. Who cares about Tiki Barber? Who cares about a poster's favorite team? Who cares if the Giants are better or worse with Tiki? He's retired....his name should only be brought up if it relates to sports trivia or something.

We are here to find value and pick winners on sides of games....not to debate if the Giants are better with or without Tiki Barber. All we care about is whether a team covers or not, and that's it. You are suppose to be a gambler....there are forums out there for sports talk that address these issues.

Now to the important stuff, I am not sure, I think you might be overreacting to NYG performence the past 3 weeks like many others are. True, NE has been "struggling" as DH states despite somehow still being perfect, but 13 pts is a very fair line and if anything, it is already shaded toward the Giants a bit. Considering how poor the NYG secondary is, there level of playoff inexperience compared to NE, and the talent differential at virtually every position on the field I think you are underestimating NE and overestimating NYG. I have a slight lean as of now toward NE but we'll see how it goes. To me, right now, this is a NYG playing in way over their heads. They beat a very overrated TB team, then beat a Dallas team who was stumbling into the playoffs, and then beat GB which i feel was their most impressive win. Before the playoffs, they had done nothing.

However, their 10 games they've won on the road is very impressive and that should not be discounted at all. Plus Tom Coughlin is a very good coach so I can see making a good case for NYG but I need more than that.
    Actually the line is sitting at 12.5 now...a 13 or 13.5point spread is just as ridiculous now as when i said it before...since you only want to talk about gambling thats fine, when was the last time new england covered their large spreads they have been getting?...i understand they are undefeated but they have not played well against the spread...the last times the 2 teams met the giants almost beat them(lost by 3 points)...and you say the patriots are much better at almost every position...i'm sure a lot of people here would beg to differ...i won't even go into how spotty the patriots defense is...anyways, the patriots are the better team like you said...but we're talking betting here and 13 points is a lot...the chargers were injured at every key position and still lost by only 9...imagine if they actually had the offense the giants have when they played...they may have pulled out a victory...well, there's my two sense...

Oh, and to your comment about how nobody cares about tiki barber or a fan post on here you need to back off...the day of a big win fans like to talk about their excitement on the forum they enjoy reading most...maybe the thread should be OT...sit back, relax and enjoy

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tiki must be feeling pretty stupid now and if he is not I am sure there are a lot of as*holes around him like myself that would rub it in...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by pacattack81 View Post
    Actually the line is sitting at 12.5 now...a 13 or 13.5point spread is just as ridiculous now as when i said it before...since you only want to talk about gambling thats fine, when was the last time new england covered their large spreads they have been getting?...i understand they are undefeated but they have not played well against the spread...the last times the 2 teams met the giants almost beat them(lost by 3 points)...and you say the patriots are much better at almost every position...i'm sure a lot of people here would beg to differ...i won't even go into how spotty the patriots defense is...anyways, the patriots are the better team like you said...but we're talking betting here and 13 points is a lot...the chargers were injured at every key position and still lost by only 9...imagine if they actually had the offense the giants have when they played...they may have pulled out a victory...well, there's my two sense...

Oh, and to your comment about how nobody cares about tiki barber or a fan post on here you need to back off...the day of a big win fans like to talk about their excitement on the forum they enjoy reading most...maybe the thread should be OT...sit back, relax and enjoy
    Well, yes, NE has not been able to cover the big spreads lately that is true. However, I think the situation is different now. First, the weather is going to be much better now. You look at these large spreads there was terrible weather in many of these games: against the Ravens, against Dophins, against the Jets, etc.... Not saying that is the reason why they didn't cover but b/c the weather is going to be fine that to me favors the Patriots. And it's not like they missed these big spreads by much...Against Miami, 21 pt win but dont' don't cover the -21.5, Against Jacksonville, 11 pt win but don't cover the 13, Against SD 9 pt win but don't cover the 13.5. Those games may have been shaded high. If anything this is shaded low.

You look at the Giants season in a nutshell, they are simply a hot team who won their last three games. Again, TB was not a very good team. Dallas was fading. And they simply beat a good GB team on the road. The 16 games before that, they beat one team with a winning record (Washington). NE on the other hand, beat everyone and rather reasily most of the time. Of the 11 other playoff teams, NE beat: Dallas, NYG, Washington, Indianopilis, SD (twice), Jacksonville, Pittsburgh. NE has much more experience than does NYG. NYG have a very weak secondary and they should be exploited by Brady. There is no comparison between Brady and E. Manning. Remember, NYG was beating this team by 11 and then in a blink of an eye found themselves down by 10 at home and with all the pressure on NYG.

And consider now the public is hammering the Giants that in and of itself tells me something is wrong. Just like taking CHC +7 last year was a "gift" according to the public. I like NE in this spot but will wait and see especially with this Brady injury. BoDog has this number at -11.5 now which is much too low. If NE plays their best game and NYG plays their best game, NE should win by like 30.

Now, as for being a "fan." Okay I guess if you are in 7th grade. You have a "my team"....lol. Guess what bro, these guys are multi millionaires. You know what "your team" thinks of you...they think of you as a commodity, as a dollar sign, as someone who pays their exorbiant salaries and that's all. Plaxico Burress could care less about you, Eli Manning does not care about you...and the rest of the NYG don't give a f\*\*k about you and you shouldn't care much for them either. The only thing these games are good for are betting on them. I mean, look you can't even think clearly in this game b/c you are NYG fan. Your basis for betting on NYG is emotion driven and not based on any clear cut logic. I am sorry man, take a look at what happened to MFJthegenius a few weeks ago when he bet with his heart. He went bust.......

Good luck....