bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call me crazy fellas...but I gotta take'um

I'm going to take the Giants on the ML +285

I know I'm probably the only nut that thinks the Giants will win this game, but considering the weather conditions. I'll take my chances at this nice price.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't blame you, it's a solid price. Fact is, I think some people, maybe even myself have become too complacent with the notion of a Brady/Favre Super Bowl. Let's not forget, most of us thought we'd be seeing Brady/Manning and Favre/Romo this weekend. So I say go for it bud, don't have the balls to join you but I'll be the first to congratulate you if it hits.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Let me be the first to call you crazy...

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    Let me be the first to call you crazy...

Well that's my name after all, though I'm used to you saying it in quotation marks.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Well that's my name after all, though I'm used to you saying it in quotation marks.
    Right..that's the differance "crazy"... You've earned it bro... That acid story was the capper...

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before I opened this thread, I was expecting you to say "The Chargers", but the ML on the Giants isn't entirely bad.. They exceeded expectations, and still have a chance, but it's unlikely they'll win. The chargers on the other hand just deff won't win

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

the weather conditions totally favor the packers....favre is 43-5 when the temp is 34 degrees or lower...and just played a game in similar conditions ....eli is not a cold weather qb...he has never been in a game near these conditions...this is the third road game in 3 weeks...just isn't going to happen for the giants...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I was out of town dan, I told a few of my associates that I just might make New York my play of the year.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Yes, you're crazy. I'm not much of a chalk player, but GB wins by 2 TDs minimum.

Packers 34
    Giants 13

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Giants 21
    Packers 24

jeffries

Gb - 24
    Nyg - 17

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going with G-men +8 parlayed with under 40...just thinking the weather will keep this game close and low scoring. I was on the Giants money line the last 2 weeks but not quite brave enough to pull the trigger this week due to Favre's track record in cold weather games.
    Good luck everyone

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

No, you are not crazy at all Dan.

And I totally disagree with Westside Pete, as I think the weather condiitions favor the Giants. The 43-5 record he quotes is for normal cold weather, but a -40 wind chill expected for this game should make passing virtually impossible. I think that favors the Giants for two reasons:

1 - Favre's obvious superiority over Eli is taken out of the equation.

2 - The Giants have a run-first oriented offense while the Packers prefer to pass to set up the run. I don't think Grant will be as effective when a defense is able to key on him, which hasn't happened yet because defenses have had to respect Favre and the passing game.

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No, you are not crazy at all Dan.

And I totally disagree with Westside Pete, as I think the weather condiitions favor the Giants. The 43-5 record he quotes is for normal cold weather, but a -40 wind chill expected for this game should make passing virtually impossible. I think that favors the Giants for two reasons:

1 - Favre's obvious superiority over Eli is taken out of the equation.

2 - The Giants have a run-first oriented offense while the Packers prefer to pass to set up the run. I don't think Grant will be as effective when a defense is able to key on him, which hasn't happened yet because defenses have had to respect Favre and the passing game.
    Respectfully must disagree. The Packers play ball at the top of their game in the cold. Im a Giants fan, and I seen Eli and the Giants in the cold. They can't catch the ball, let alone play the Game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

jeffries,

You are talking about "normal" cold weather where you could still throw the ball, which is what Favre excels in. I bet nobody in this game has ever played in -40 degrees before.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Bet the Packers and Cowboys of the Ice Bowl fame would disagree. Does anybody know the fin ale score in that game? Just curious.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post

I know I'm probably the only nut that thinks the Giants will win this game, but considering the weather conditions. I'll take my chances at this nice price.

i can not believe my eyes.i open the forum and this is the first thread i see!!!!!!!!!!!i was getting ready to type the same thing...GO GIANTS ML

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

I like the Pack but its not a crazy bet, Pack have lost at Lambeau in playoff games before as a 7+ point fav Vikings and Falcons come to mind

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Dan,
    I don't think you're crazy.

I watched the first GB/NY Giants game replay again last night on NFL network. Yes, I know it was week #2 and a lot has changed since then, but this was a close ball game heading to the fourth quarter. A couple of turnovers turned a close ball game into a 35-13 rout at the end.

I think the Packers are the better team. I think they'll win, but I wouldn't be stunned if the G-Men went into Lambeau and stole one.

Doc

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's go G-men !! Giants backers, let's hope for an upset today !! I'm on the Giants +8. Good luck to all.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    jeffries,

You are talking about "normal" cold weather where you could still throw the ball, which is what Favre excels in. I bet nobody in this game has ever played in -40 degrees before.
    I lived in northern minnesota for a while. I can't even imagine trying to catch a football in that weather. Hell, I wouldn't want to WATCH someone catch a football in that weather.

Forget about catching a football, how do you throw a football in that kind of cold? You would have to wear gloves. Won't that throw your timing off?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Unfortunately, BBD, I agree. I think the NYG team can come in and steal this game often enough to make +250 and up a profitable play today. I think the Packers win the majority of the time, but the Giants win more than their share at this price.

Same goes for the Chargers. At +650 they certainly are capable of going into NE and pulling an upset once out of 7 games if not once out of 5. Especially with the windy weather conditions that it looks like. I'd much prefer to bet on the SD running game than NE's running game, not to mention SD's D over NE's D. Chargers have plenty of spunk to win this game, the only trump for NE is Belichick's magic.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

my suggetion would be to play 2 units on giants + pts

1 unit on ml

bigboydan

I can't believe he missed it again.

bigboydan

The 3rd time was the charm

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

We cleaned house tonight dan!!!!!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

yeah baby!!

SBR Lou

Good stuff Danny, you're the man bro.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

incredible....they deserved the win very nice pic

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

very nice pull dan congrats!

jerseydave77
    jerseydave77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2926

Congrats to all those with the Giants. Hit nicely on the spread ML and Over...I like this team with the spread in the Super Bowl.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great call today Dan!

Nice win bud!