Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

San Diego Hates Eli

Lets play fantasy island for a second and say the NFL doesn't get Favre vs. Brady....or either one...lol...I know this is Bruce Willis movie realistic but just play along! It would have a good storyline with Eli rejecting San Diego on draft day...which I still don't understand? He could've had LT at RB and very little pressure from the media but wanted New York and to be put under the microscope everyday?? I guess Eli wanted the limelight and commercials that come with big city success after seeing Peyton cash his 2,473 endorsement checks per week?

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Lets play fantasy island for a second and say the NFL doesn't get Favre vs. Brady....or either one...lol...I know this is Bruce Willis movie realistic but just play along! It would have a good storyline with Eli rejecting San Diego on draft day...which I still don't understand? He could've had LT at RB and very little pressure from the media but wanted New York and to be put under the microscope everyday?? I guess Eli wanted the limelight and commercials that come with big city success after seeing Peyton cash his 2,473 endorsement checks per week?
    San Diego was awful the season of that draft, and had been awful for a long time... that is why he didnt want to go there

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Well the Giants sucked too....I think they only had to trade up from the 5th pick that year? I would take LT on my team anyday to help open up the passing game but the old song is true about NY....if you can make it there...you can make it anywhere!!

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

The media would have a field day rehashing that story

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Ummmm.....although the Chargers had LT and Gates, the Giants had Barber, Shockey and WR's to throw to ie Toomer and Hilliard.

The Giants had an aging Kerry Collins and the Chargers had a young Drew Breese.

I don't think Eli thought that SD was a terrible place to play but that he was a better fit for the Giants and had a better chance of playing sooner with the Giants.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Didn't he say something to the effect that he would rather sit out and not play than play in SD? His dad was anti-SD.