SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants Will Get Blown Out By 21 Or More

The Giants bandwagon is starting to overload more than the New England Patriots bandwagon. Plenty guys like the Jags, I'm just referring to their overall bandwagon capacity.

Look, the Giants are a good team. They're getting way, WAY too much love here. The Giants have rallied, The Giants went on the road and upset Tampa Bay in the playoffs, Eli is a different QB, .

It is a trap.

The Cowboys haven't been sharp, Owens isn't 100%, Romo was vacationing in Mexico. Just avoid the trap, guys.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Agree with you that Dallas will cover, but not by that wide a margin

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

21 points????? Now thats just crazy.. The giants could very well win this game SU, let alone ATS...

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think Eli becomes Eli again, completes about 55% of his passes, throws 3 picks, and comes off the field after several 3 and outs shaking his head. His 2 game run is over.

Seriously though, the only way I see NY having a chance is by keeping the game close or having the lead early. If they can run more than they throw successfully, they can cover. I might not play this one but if I do, I will most likely tease the home chalk down to almost even. GL guys.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

laying the pts w/ COWBOYS!

mmarino
    mmarino's Avatar Become A Pro!

chandler1981, despite being a giants fan, I can completely see what you're saying occur. However, after watching the team all season, the Giants defense always keeps them in the game. So much so that you want to kill Eli Manning, but you still feel hopeful for a win because the D plays so well and keeps you in the game. Eli may perform like his usual self and turn the ball over every other play, but there is no way Dallas walks away winning by more than 21, I can tell you that.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay tevari, now u see why I make wise remarks to REAL dumbasses lol. Seriously, I respect everybody on this forum and afterall this forum is to debate and discuss games and share thoughts and opinions..... but this thread is just dumb

Giants blown out by 21 points? Okay obviously a Cowboys fan made this thread. First off, see my other thread. Bet the Bank on the Giants ML...

The Cowboys are not beating the Giants 3 times in 1 season, and I can assure you if the Cowboys DO pull off the win here, it's definitly not gonna be by no 21 points. Eli Manning only had 1 truly horrendous game, and that was against Minnesota. Tony Romo had his bad day against the Buffalo Bills. Peyton Manning has his worst day (6 INTERCEPTIONS) against the San Diego Chargers.

Eli came this far, he's not gonna crumble in the matter of days knowing a win here brings them to the NFC Finals. The Giants already faced the Cowboys twice and know what they are capable of. Terrell Owens is already banged up so he's not gonna be on top of his game this Sunday either..

BET THE BANK.... GIANTS TAKE THIS ONE!

The only way you'll see the Giants get blown out by 21+ points is vs the Indianapolis Colts or the New England Patriots. Giants rank 7th best in defense in the league as well..
    Last edited by jeffries; 01-11-08 at 02:28 AM.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Giants did not "upset" TB. I know there were dogs by 3, but they are by far the better team. Eli has not had trouble against the Cowboys in both games hes played against them. It's just been the defense that has let up to many points. The Giants have more then a good shot at winning this game. Romo is the most overrated player in football and frankly I don't trust Wade Phillips one bit in a pressure situation. Coughlin has already taken the Jags to the AFC championship, and with as much heat as he gets hes a good coach. With Bradshaw and Jacobs in the backfield that is only going to cause problems for the Cowboys. I would not bet the Cowboys at all in this game.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    Okay tevari, now u see why I make wise remarks to REAL dumbasses lol. Seriously, I respect everybody on this forum and afterall this forum is to debate and discuss games and share thoughts and opinions..... but this thread is just dumb

Giants blown out by 21 points? Okay obviously a Cowboys fan made this thread. First off, see my other thread. Bet the Bank on the Giants ML...

The Cowboys are not beating the Giants 3 times in 1 season, and I can assure you if the Cowboys DO pull off the win here, it's definitly not gonna be by no 21 points. Eli Manning only had 1 truly horrendous game, and that was against Minnesota. Tony Romo had his bad day against the Buffalo Bills. Peyton Manning has his worst day (6 INTERCEPTIONS) against the San Diego Chargers.

Eli came this far, he's not gonna crumble in the matter of days knowing a win here brings them to the NFC Finals. The Giants already faced the Cowboys twice and know what they are capable of. Terrell Owens is already banged up so he's not gonna be on top of his game this Sunday either..

Your on the right side.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with the G-men here...ATS and SU...just hoping that Eli can keep playing at the level he has been the last couple of weeks.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants have been lights out on the road this year. I haven't capped this game yet, but initial lean goes to NY. For a play on DAL I'd probably wait until 2H.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

After the way Romo went out last season, I have a good feeling he is going to come out trying WAY too hard here. With NYG's defensive line as strong as it is, that won't help, either. Dallas on talent alone may rally for a win, but they don't cover here... or win by 21.

mmarino
    mmarino's Avatar Become A Pro!

rmcaj, I agree with you that the Giants winning last week was not an "upset". Despite the Giants having a better record, and winning the game quite easily, I wouldn't necessarily say that they have more talent than TB. First, despite Earnest Graham's success late in the season, he was their 3rd string RB coming into the season. Secondly, last week Jeff Garcia was very rusty, whether it be the fault of Gruden for sitting him for 6 straight quarters, or Garcia's (or the o-line) for not handling the pressure from the d-line, Garcia did not play a good game by any standards last week, and he is better than what he showed. TB also has one of the best defenses in the league, and I believe in some statistical category (perhaps yds allowed, pts allowed, not sure?), they are considered the best D in the league. I'm not making a case for TB or anything, but I'd say that Tb and NYG were just about two evenly matched teams talent-wise this season.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

21 is a lil much, I'd say 24 - 14

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    The Cowboys are not beating the Giants 3 times in 1 season, and I can assure you if the Cowboys DO pull off the win here, it's definitly not gonna be by no 21 points.

As I said in another thread, The last time team A went up against team B that they beat 2 straight in the same season, they beat them the 3rd time 11 out of 17. Using that logic then Dallas has the better chance to beat them 3 this year. If you bet the bank on this game then you are just betting with your heart, no more no less. I personally think the line is about right as they have beaten them by 10 and 11 and it may be a tad closer 3 rd time. However, it is in Dallas and I can see NYG getting blown out as well.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaj View Post
    Romo is the most overrated player in football and frankly I don't trust Wade Phillips one bit in a pressure situation. I would not bet the Cowboys at all in this game.
    Manning is most overrated.
    I would not put money on the Giants since they haven't come within 10 yet this year.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    After the way Romo went out last season, I have a good feeling he is going to come out trying WAY too hard here. With NYG's defensive line as strong as it is, that won't help, either. Dallas on talent alone may rally for a win, but they don't cover here... or win by 21.
    Romo doesn't play with pressure. If he did, his career would have tanked after the Seattle game last year.

That D-line has a wopping total of 3 sacks against them this year.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    As I said in another thread, The last time team A went up against team B that they beat 2 straight in the same season, they beat them the 3rd time 11 out of 17.
    This is a very interesting stat, given the popularity of this arguement.
    Where did you get that info? - or did you just research it yourself?

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22747

Romo has zero playoff wins, but I think he'll get his first this week-end

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    This is a very interesting stat, given the popularity of this arguement.
    Where did you get that info? - or did you just research it yourself?
    I saw it in an article but can't remember. I'll try to find it.

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Im confident that the Giants will give the Cowboys a run for their money. They might not win the game but definitely will make the score very interesting.

The Seer

Here ya go sportsgirl:

NFL teams with chance to beat opponent 3 times in the same season

07:18 PM CST on Sunday, January 6, 2008
    Associated Press

The Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants will play for the third time this season in the NFC Divisional Playoffs next Sunday. Dallas won the first two games.

Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, there have been 17 other times when a team went into a playoff game with a chance to complete a three-game season sweep, according to STATS, Inc. Those teams are 11-6. Here are the previous matchups, with the team that won both regular-season games listed first, along with the postseason result:

Season Teams Result
    1982 Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets Won
    1983 Seattle Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Raiders Lost
    1986 New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins Won
    1989 Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Lost
    1991 Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Raiders Won
    1992 Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers Lost
    1993 Los Angeles Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Won
    1994 Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears Lost
    1994 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won
    1997 New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins Won
    1997 Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Won
    1998 Dallas Cowboys vs. Arizona Cardinals Lost
    1999 Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Won
    2000 New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Won
    2002 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won
    2004 St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks Won
    2004 Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings Lost
    2007 Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants ??? Will win

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Here ya go sportsgirl:

NFL teams with chance to beat opponent 3 times in the same season

07:18 PM CST on Sunday, January 6, 2008
    Associated Press

The Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants will play for the third time this season in the NFC Divisional Playoffs next Sunday. Dallas won the first two games.

Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, there have been 17 other times when a team went into a playoff game with a chance to complete a three-game season sweep, according to STATS, Inc. Those teams are 11-6. Here are the previous matchups, with the team that won both regular-season games listed first, along with the postseason result:

Season Teams Result
    1982 Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets Won
    1983 Seattle Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Raiders Lost
    1986 New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins Won
    1989 Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Lost
    1991 Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Raiders Won
    1992 Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers Lost
    1993 Los Angeles Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Won
    1994 Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears Lost
    1994 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won
    1997 New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins Won
    1997 Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Won
    1998 Dallas Cowboys vs. Arizona Cardinals Lost
    1999 Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Won
    2000 New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Won
    2002 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won
    2004 St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks Won
    2004 Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings Lost
    2007 Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants ??? Will win
    Thanks! I must've missed this on the AP wire.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

the "lights out on the road" giants have beaten all these ferocious teams on the road

1 Sun, Sep 9 at Dallas L 35-45 -- NBC
    2 Sun, Sep 16 Green Bay L 13-35 -- FOX
    3 Sun, Sep 23 at Washington W 24-17 -- FOX
    4 Sun, Sep 30 Philadelphia W 16-3 -- NBC
    5 Sun, Oct 7 NY Jets W 35-24 -- CBS
    6 Mon, Oct 15 at Atlanta W 31-10 -- ESPN
    7 Sun, Oct 21 San Francisco W 33-15 -- FOX
    8 Sun, Oct 28 at Miami W 13-10 -- FOX -NEUTRAL FIELD
    9 -- bye -- -- --
    10 Sun, Nov 11 Dallas L 20-31 -- FOX
    11 Sun, Nov 18 at Detroit W 16-10 -- FOX
    12 Sun, Nov 25 Minnesota L 17-41 -- FOX
    13 Sun, Dec 2 at Chicago W 21-16 -- FOX
    14 Sun, Dec 9 at Philadelphia W 16-13 -- FOX

15 Sun, Dec 16 Washington L 10-22 -- NBC
    16 Sun, Dec 23 at Buffalo W 38-21 -- FOX
    17 Sat, Dec 29 New England L 35-38 -- NFL, NBC

they were 1-5 overall vs "playoff" teams
    Last edited by Crayzee; 01-11-08 at 01:52 PM.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boys 31 Giants 17

Cowboys going all the way baby!!!!!

Go Juice Go!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Back the GMen!!

I don't care who they played....8 road wins in a row is pretty strong!! The GMen won at Chicago....how did the Pack do there with homefield advantage to play for? They came back from a 14-0 deficit to roll Buffalo....how did Dallas do against Buffalo? They won at Philly who beat Dallas late in the season! I'm no Giant fan but I think they're a wildcard thats peaking at the right time...possibly another 2005 Steelers (atleast NFC anyway) or 1995 Colts! As far as Eli being due for a clunker...maybe...but didn't Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both win Super Bowls? I like this Bradshaw kid too...runs very hard....I predict Jacobs/Bradshaw easily outrush Barber/Jones here! Dallas may pull it out but I see NY covering or winning outright!

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't say I like the Cowboys by 21 here, but I think there's a better chance of 21 than a Giants victory.

The team with the best chance of a 21 point win this weekend is Indy.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Will side with the cowboys...T.O's ego will not let them lose.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OrionSky View Post
    Will side with the cowboys...T.O's ego will not let them lose.
    His ego might not let them lose, but his ankle might.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I'd say Dallas -21 would be a backdoor cover if it happened, but those aren't so improbable in these do or die playoff games. Teams start going for it on 4th and 7 from their own 22 yard line a lot earlier in these games than in the regular season, and things can snowball pretty fast after that, kind of like the Seattle/Washington game last week.

Bernval
    Bernval's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pluses for Gints :
    NYG scored 38 & 35 against Buf and Pats then wins play-off game at TB - this is impressive - goo way to go into p/o.

Run games looks healthy - will keep game moving on-- will keep score down.

Eli is coming into "where he was surpose to be".

Def line is on a roll - will get to Romo.

Jessica might be at game to see her hero - OH OH that is not a good thing.

Coach has experience with play-offs.

Pluses for Boys:

Playing at home.

Hottest cheerleaders.

---------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be a kic-in-ass if Eli and Peyton got to Super Bowl. Up here in New England this would call for a bridge watch - worst case sceeniero.

MY pics to cover
    Gints
    Seattle
    Pats
    Chargers

next week
    Gints
    pats

SB:

Pats 30 Gints 20

GL to all.

Bernval
    Bernval's Avatar Become A Pro!

My pics -

If GB wins - I will pick GB to beat NYG - and lose to Pats in SB.

If Dal wins - I will pick Dal to win against NYG or Sea and lose to Pats.

Go Pats

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cowboys cover this one easily!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants beat Bucs, because Bucs were pass rushing Eli into mistakes, but the Giants had anticipated it and counteracted with a whole array of short passes that would either be dropped or caught (no INT's).

That trick isn't going to work two weeks in a row.

This is a repeat of the season opener, and Giants played Cowboys pretty close in that one. My play is DAL 2H, unless they're way up at the half.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also

Terry Glenn playing too. TO playing. Jason Witten over the middle threat. Patrick Crayton.. They have no shortage of ways to score points, Marion Barber III, Julius Jones (who I actually don't like).. Two teams people are way too high on for this week are the Seahawks and Giants.