jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet the Bank on the Giants Part 2

Thats right folks, PART 2 is here of "Bet The Bank on the NY Giants"

NY Giants will once again prevail as they finally defeat the Dallas Cowboys next week as they face off for the 3rd time this Season. Cowboys took a 2-0 series over the Giants, and each game the Giants put forth a tough effort but failed to win. Look for the Giants to learn from their mistakes, and rebound from those 2 losses and give the public what they least expected, an upset by the Giants over the Cowboys. You better believe the Giants will spend all week reviewing the Cowboys previous games against them, as they will know what to expect from Romo and the Dallas Cowboys

NY Giants - 31
    Dallas Cowboys - 28

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

What exactly will the Cowboys doing this week, jeffries, seeing as the Giants will be the only ones preparing for the game it seems.

jeffries

Hey outdrawed, remember what that other guy said in the other "Bet the bank on the Giants" post of mine. He said if Eli doesn't throw an interception, Giants will win. That's what happened man. Now I'm not expecting Eli to go clean next week. I expect at least 1 interception in the game, but don't count Romo out either. He tends to throw interceptions as well. Dallas might have the high powered offense, but once again they are facing ONE OF the leagues top defenses. The 2prior games were regular season games. This is where they separate the men from the boys. Expect to see this game come very close, possibly by a FG. The Giants Defense is gonna be up Romo's ass all night long.

Bet the Bank my friend. They'll be studying the Cowboys closely and watching film of their prior games against the Cowboys.

outdrawed

You didn't answer my question. One of the reasons you're picking the Giants (well besides the fact you're a Giants fan, but that's besides the point), is that they'll spend the week preparing for the Cowboys. As a casual fan, I was under the assumption that the Cowboys would be doing the same thing.

I haven't seen a line so I have no idea what side I'll be on, but I really hope you're going to be betting the Giants for reasons other than "they'll be closely watching film of their prior games".

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post
    You didn't answer my question. One of the reasons you're picking the Giants (well besides the fact you're a Giants fan, but that's besides the point), is that they'll spend the week preparing for the Cowboys. As a casual fan, I was under the assumption that the Cowboys would be doing the same thing.

I haven't seen a line so I have no idea what side I'll be on, but I really hope you're going to be betting the Giants for reasons other than "they'll be closely watching film of their prior games".
    The line is Giants +7.5 and thats not entirely off either. When you put both teams together, Dallas is clearly the better team. Of course Dallas is going to be the favorite here, also having home field advantage (not that that matters to the Giants).. The truth is, the Postseason is just not the same as the Regular Season. I don't have the time right now to go over all the Stats, but I highly doubt the Giants are gonna let the Cowboys sweep them 3-0. This game's gonna be much closer then the previous two games they played.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Shockey is the one who is productive against the cowboys. he won't be there this time around. The bucs didn't have the offensive personnel but the Cowboys do and then some. Bucs couldn't play catch up. Trust me, Cowboys watch film too. Romo is mobile enough to get away from the Giants pass rush (see game 1 and 2). I don't see Eli having 2 good weeks in a row. The Giants secondary will be toast this week.

cweh
    cweh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    The line is Giants +7.5 and thats not entirely off either. When you put both teams together, Dallas is clearly the better team. Of course Dallas is going to be the favorite here, also having home field advantage (not that that matters to the Giants).. The truth is, the Postseason is just not the same as the Regular Season. I don't have the time right now to go over all the Stats, but I highly doubt the Giants are gonna let the Cowboys sweep them 3-0. This game's gonna be much closer then the previous two games they played.

chances of them winning is slim... but I do agree it will be a close game. I will take the +7.5 and over 46

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Shockey is the one who is productive against the cowboys. he won't be there this time around. The bucs didn't have the offensive personnel but the Cowboys do and then some. Bucs couldn't play catch up. Trust me, Cowboys watch film too. Romo is mobile enough to get away from the Giants pass rush (see game 1 and 2). I don't see Eli having 2 good weeks in a row. The Giants secondary will be toast this week.
    I'm seeing Eli and Tony both throwing at least 1 interception in this game, possibly more. Still, the defense will outplay Dallas's defense.. Hopefully we can limit Dallas points scored and get some points of our own and work around Dallas offense

Now I hear Terrell Owens was injured back in Week 17. Any update on this?

jeffries

Also Kevin Boss has been doing an amazing job in place of Jeremy Shockey. I hardly notice the difference. Boss has caught 2 TD's since playing starter in place of Shockey and has been good at picking up 1st Downs. He's a reliable TE

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    I'm seeing Eli and Tony both throwing at least 1 interception in this game, possibly more. Still, the defense will outplay Dallas's defense.. Hopefully we can limit Dallas points scored and get some points of our own and work around Dallas offense

Now I hear Terrell Owens was injured back in Week 17. Any update on this?
    Cowboys optimistic about Owens

January 6, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS (TICKER) -- The Dallas Cowboys are optimistic that wide receiver Terrell Owens will return to the lineup for next Sunday's divisional playoff game against the New York Giants.

Owens has been sidelined since suffering a high ankle sprain in the Cowboys' 20-13 victory over the Carolina Panthers on December 22.

By the time the Cowboys take the field next next week, however, he will have had three weeks to recover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Owens did not play in Dallas' regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins while the Cowboys had a bye in the first round of the playoffs as the top seed in the NFC playoffs.

"I like where he is," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Friday on his radio show. "Our trainers are really satisfied with the progress he's making."

Earlier this week, Owens removed the boot he had been wearing since suffering the injury.

"The swelling, (there is) none detectable or relatively little," Jones added. "And when you compare that and the nature of his injury with the rehab of other players in similar situations, then we should be optimistic."

In 2004, while with the Philadelphia Eagles, Owens missed the last two games of the regular season and two playoff contests with a fractured ankle.

He returned for Super Bowl XXXIX, however, and caught nine passes for 122 yards.

This season, Owens caught 81 passes for a team-high 1,355 yards and 15 touchdowns in 15 games.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I also like the Giants to cover and possibly win outright. Wade Phillips is under a ton of pressure to win this game. Who knows where Tony Romo's head is at?

ChampDog
    ChampDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes my Friend, nothing like some film to put one 2 SleepZZzzzzZZZzzz

Dam who thru that eraser

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

The Giants came very close to beating New England and they beat Tampa like they were nothing, they are on a roll and I would be willing to take the points in this one, I think they have the best shot at beating any favorite this week.

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    The Giants came very close to beating New England and they beat Tampa like they were nothing, they are on a roll and I would be willing to take the points in this one, I think they have the best shot at beating any favorite this week.
    Completely agree. The Giants also play great road games I believe 8-1 it was or something like that. Giants take this one by a FG

outdrawed

jeffries, i admire your homerism, but that's all it is, homerism, and it's really hard to take the input of any homer seriously.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Outdrawed,

No offense, you're wrong on this one. The Giants are going to spend all week preparing for the Cowboys.

outdrawed

Yeah, well Tony Romo banged Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood (probably at the same time) so who's laughing now?

jeffries

Yeah, well Tony Romo banged Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood (probably at the same time) so who's laughing now?
    Blah, your just mad that the Giants made the playoffs and advanced past Tampa Bay whom you were so confident would win... And oh yeah, to me it looked like Eli Manning was the teacher making Jeff Garcia look like the Student in that football game..

Only a person from Miami would be this angered. Are you from Miami Outdrawed?? possibly a Miami Dolphins fan

outdrawed

Actually, I'm a Pats fan....so whoops, there goes that argument.

The only person who thinks the Giants are >50% to win this game are people who have an emotional interest in them. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as you don't let it adversely affect you in a significant way. As I said before, the Giants may be the play. I'll do some analysis later this week and come to a conclusion, but I can guarantee you they're not >50% to win the game.

jeffries

Actually, I'm a Pats fan....so whoops, there goes that argument.

The only person who thinks the Giants are >50% to win this game are people who have an emotional interest in them. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as you don't let it adversely affect you in a significant way. As I said before, the Giants may be the play. I'll do some analysis later this week and come to a conclusion, but I can guarantee you they're not >50% to win the game.
    Well that I can't argue because I'll clearly admit Dallas is the better football team even though I'm a die hard giants fan (No offense but I've always hated the Pats, this year more then any). But hey, I can tell you that the Giants WILL NOT go down easy next Sunday when they face off against Dallas. If Terrell Owens isn't playing in that game, I'm telling you, expect NY to win that game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

First off, the Giants are definitely NOT > 50% to win outright.

Still, the Giants +8ish could be good. I'll look closer in the next day of two.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Outdrawed,

No offense, you're wrong on this one. The Giants are going to spend all week preparing for the Cowboys.
    No kidding? Do you think the Cowboys won't?

jeffries

bump

BigMoney
    BigMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Close Game

I love taking the Giants and the 8points here plus the over...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

GL, but i think you might wanna quit while your ahead. . .

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It is very hard in the NFL to play three tough games in a row. Giants players are bruised and acking from the beating they got playing two of the hardest hitting teams in Patriots and Buccs in successive weeks whereas Cowboys have been sitting in their jacuzzis for the last two weeks studying film.

Please factor this in you decision to play the Giants ML. I fancy Giants play at 1H, Giants to cover the spread but not win outright.

My favorite bet is this hard to beat 7 pt teaser:

Giants +14.5
    Cowboys -0.5

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I'm looking at Pinny's lines and they got Giants +9 -120. This is why I want to move to Canada.

jeffries

Take the ML Slimmy. Giants will win this one outright and Dallas will say ByeByee and go back home and start preparing for next season

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeffries,

Getting cold feet on this one yet? Word is TO will play, not sure if he will be 100% but just in his effect on coverage assignments alone that tips the scale back in Dallas' favor on offense. They should be able to move the ball even if he's more limited, decoy city to free up Witten or Crayton.

TCOWBOYS6
    TCOWBOYS6's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jags + Points
    Seattle + Points
    Indy - Points
    Cowboys - Points

Thats What Im Picking Period

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Jeffries I too really like the Giants + the points, and think they have a reasonable shot of winning outright (and winning the entire NFC for that matter) as well. GL to us this weekend...

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats my boy

seer
    Cowboys optimistic about Owens

January 6, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS (TICKER) -- The Dallas Cowboys are optimistic that wide receiver Terrell Owens will return to the lineup for next Sunday's divisional playoff game against the New York Giants.

Owens has been sidelined since suffering a high ankle sprain in the Cowboys' 20-13 victory over the Carolina Panthers on December 22.

By the time the Cowboys take the field next next week, however, he will have had three weeks to recover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Owens did not play in Dallas' regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins while the Cowboys had a bye in the first round of the playoffs as the top seed in the NFC playoffs.

"I like where he is," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Friday on his radio show. "Our trainers are really satisfied with the progress he's making."

Earlier this week, Owens removed the boot he had been wearing since suffering the injury.

"The swelling, (there is) none detectable or relatively little," Jones added. "And when you compare that and the nature of his injury with the rehab of other players in similar situations, then we should be optimistic."

In 2004, while with the Philadelphia Eagles, Owens missed the last two games of the regular season and two playoff contests with a fractured ankle.

He returned for Super Bowl XXXIX, however, and caught nine passes for 122 yards.

This season, Owens caught 81 passes for a team-high 1,355 yards and 15 touchdowns in 15 games.
    Last edited by greek; 01-09-08 at 06:45 AM.

mo burke
    mo burke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Proven Loser

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I also like the Giants to cover and possibly win outright. Wade Phillips is under a ton of pressure to win this game. Who knows where Tony Romo's head is at?
    No offense my friend but Wade Phillips comes from a losing tradition. His father was a "BUM" and he soon will follow in his footsteps, he is a yahoo from down south somewhere and Jerry Jones knew it would come down to this, you can write a check on it, they will be throwing to Witten and Owens all day, the only difference is that Wade should have never let Romo go out and knock the stuffings out of jESSICA in Cabo, please any man that would not be thinking about her during this game is gay. My point being, Romo will make a costly blunder down the stretch that will end up letting Giants back into game, its the NFL and the league hates Jerry Jones. Dallas will jump out to a 14-0 lead and they will let Giants back into this one to either lose 24-21 or win 27-24.

mo burke

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by greek View Post
    seer
    Yes but remember this, what happened when Terrell didn't get any practice time in with Romo they were rusty and Owens dropped alot of balls, and the timing was off, the only X-factor I can see is if Terry Glenn comes riding in on the white horse.

mo burke

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by TCOWBOYS6 View Post
    Jags + Points
    Seattle + Points
    Indy - Points
    Cowboys - Points

Thats What Im Picking Period
    Did you get those picks in before the game started or are you just being a horn tooter, band wagon jumper in lamen's terms.

12 Last