Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

*5 UNIT PLAY* Jacksonville Jaguars -1 01/05/08

5 unit play here guys...

Jags -1

Honestly, I don't see this game going a whole lot differently then it did 2 weeks ago... The Jags were able to take the Steelers down even when the elements were bad... It was frickin snowin and Garrard was throwin 50 yard TD passes! I think this game will be a joke... Pitt might put up a little fight, but not much of one, IMO... This is like stealing money! Willie Parker is out and Davenport is not nearly as quick as he probably weighs 50-60lbs more than Parker! I see Jacksonville winning this game by atleast a TD, probably more like double digits! Freddie Taylor and Jones-Drew will run the ball effectively and Garrard will be in his don't lose the game mode!

I'll be very interested to see how many points the Jags will be getting when they go to New England!? Everyone has been saying 10+, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Pound the Jags now if you want them because I see this line going all the way to like -3 or -4 by gametime!

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I like Pitt, it is tough to be a team at their own place twice in one year

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    I hope you are kidding! I would not waste your money betting on a banged up Berger, no Willie Parker, just got rocked by Jacksonville 2 weeks ago @ home Steelers team... I'm telling you, the Jags are on a MISSION to have a 3rd game with the Colts this season and they will get it after they travel to Pitt on Saturday and win, then go to New England the following week and win! Call me crazy, but we shall see!

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like the Jags also but the only thing I worry about is the turnovers in this game. I don't think your crazy Marvin, I think it is possible that the Jags could win vs. the Pats but wait until they win this week though. It is hard to win on the road in the same stadium twice in one season though that is true. Davenport isn't a bad running back at all for the Steelers as a replacement.

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did the Jaguars rest their starters against the Texans today?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I watched most of the game and yes they did. Jags didn't give a fuk about da game.

Steelers without Parker thats gotta hurt.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    5 unit play here guys...

Jags -1

Honestly, I don't see this game going a whole lot differently then it did 2 weeks ago... The Jags were able to take the Steelers down even when the elements were bad... It was frickin snowin and Garrard was throwin 50 yard TD passes! I think this game will be a joke... Pitt might put up a little fight, but not much of one, IMO... This is like stealing money! Willie Parker is out and Davenport is not nearly as quick as he probably weighs 50-60lbs more than Parker! I see Jacksonville winning this game by atleast a TD, probably more like double digits! Freddie Taylor and Jones-Drew will run the ball effectively and Garrard will be in his don't lose the game mode!

I'll be very interested to see how many points the Jags will be getting when they go to New England!? Everyone has been saying 10+, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Pound the Jags now if you want them because I see this line going all the way to like -3 or -4 by gametime!

I agree with you 100%.. This line is a steal at -1..
    The jaguars are gonna smoke em.. It's over for the steelers.
    I'm throwin down 10 units on this one..

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

How is a Wild Card team a ROAD FAVORITE at a Division winner..????

I like the Jags too... I hope the over all most like Pitts..

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been hearing every week that Pittsburgh has digressed, and that Jacksonville is becoming the team to beat. I wonder if both teams will live up to such hype when they face off. I do see that Pittsburgh has lost 3 out of its last 4, whereas Jacksonville has won 3 out of its last 4. But maybe Pittsburgh pulls an "upset." It has more playoff experience in recent years, doesn't it?

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Historically road favorites in the playoffs have done fairly poorly. Perhaps the Jags will buck the trend, but it won't be easy. Don't bet so much that a loss would significantly hurt you.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll pass this one since it's a 50-50 chance.

MJFtheGenius

I hope you are kidding! I would not waste your money betting on a banged up Berger, no Willie Parker, just got rocked by Jacksonville 2 weeks ago @ home Steelers team... I'm telling you, the Jags are on a MISSION to have a 3rd game with the Colts this season and they will get it after they travel to Pitt on Saturday and win, then go to New England the following week and win! Call me crazy, but we shall see!

They did not get rocked that game came down to thw wire, could have went either way, I remember I had the jags in that one. Not sure if I will play this but right now if I had to I would take Pitt.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

With you on this one bro, gott'em @-1.5 up here though....not too worried about it either.

You've been all over the killer JAX situations this year.....keep it up my friend.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

lol i have them at 0 but -130

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

It is also difficult to win on the road in the playoffs.
    The Jags beat Pitt 29-22, certainly not a blowout by any stretch. The Steelers question mark will lie with Tomlin. While I believe he will ultimately be a good head coach (the Steelers are notorious for picking well in this area), he has coached like the rookie he is in some of the more recent games. The Steelers were outcoached in New England after Belichick made half-time adjustments that his counterpart did not make (it was a close 17-13 game at the half). And Tomlin was outcoach in the Jaguars game. Tomlin has to find a gameplan for the first half and then one for the second half and he has to motivate his team. With all the talent in the NFL, having the heart is more than half of the battle.

Even if I wasn't born in Pittsburgh, the smart money is still on the Steelers at home.

nevadaside

....& the JAGS have the freakin hard pounding heart right now!

I do agree, the liver must be punished.....& it gets all I can give it.

KCRams
    KCRams's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 unit play here guys...

Jags -1

Finally I find someone who agrees with me about the Jags...it will be interesting to see how they'll handle public scrutiny and the long haul on the road assuming they keep winning...I think you're right about wagering on the Jags now before the line goes up...opened at -1 and Bodog now has it at -2 and I suspect that it will go up to 3.5 or 4 by game time as the public is finally showing interest. The Jags have a great offensive line and defensive line, a hard pounding 1,2 punch in Taylor & Jones-Drew and a confident Quarterback who takes care of the ball and can also throw it downfield to his underrated receiving corps. I feel that the Jags win by 3 over PIT and 2 weeks ago, I took a futures wager at 18-1 to win it all as any AFC team will dominate the NFC rep in the Super Bowl. Yes, the Pats can be beat, no team is bullet-proof and the Jags will upset, they then win vs the familiar Colts for the AFC Championship as they always matchup well vs INDY. The Pats will still feel the pressure of winning yet another game and will reel just enough from the all-around celebration of being 16-0 and lose their first game...(I will now pause for the verbal thrashing)

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by harsh506 View Post
    lol i have them at 0 but -130
    Yeah, thats why I was waiting till it went to -.5 or -1 cuz I didn't want to eat the juice on it... You should put another unit on the Jags minus the 1 or 1.5 now... The Jags will win this game by 7 or 8 IMO! The Steelers will play them tough, but the Jags running game will prevail if the weather is bad... Davenport will not be effective on the ground with the Jags D-Line and Linebacking core!

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeah, thats why I was waiting till it went to -.5 or -1 cuz I didn't want to eat the juice on it... You should put another unit on the Jags minus the 1 or 1.5 now... The Jags will win this game by 7 or 8 IMO! The Steelers will play them tough, but the Jags running game will prevail if the weather is bad... Davenport will not be effective on the ground with the Jags D-Line and Linebacking core!

Ya i still havnt played it, but im lookin to play it for alot. I just dont see the Steelers being able to stop all the hard runs coming up the middle,then having a deep ball by Garrard to any reciver. I just think the Steelers will have to play 1 Dimensional with the pass, and the Jags will be all over that

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their regular season game with Pittsburgh was not as close as the final score... The Jaguars dominated that game in every possible way, and pretty much demoralized the Steelers run defense which had been hailed as being "#1".

Whether or not they do it again is another story, but let's give ample credit to Jacksonville because they're not pretenders, they're a more physical team than Pittsburgh, and have a much better running attack even if Willie Parker was not injured.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Their regular season game with Pittsburgh was not as close as the final score... The Jaguars dominated that game in every possible way, and pretty much demoralized the Steelers run defense which had been hailed as being "#1".

Whether or not they do it again is another story, but let's give ample credit to Jacksonville because they're not pretenders, they're a more physical team than Pittsburgh, and have a much better running attack even if Willie Parker was not injured.
    but because of a Gurude INT it still did come down to the wire

el matador
    el matador's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jags defin. 5 unit play

[QUOTE=Peyton2MarvinN06;462714]5 unit play here guys...

Jags -1

The other motivational factor besides stats is that.....again....Jags do not have anyone in the pro bowl, even though a lot of people don't watch it and the players say that it doesn't matter if they make it there.....it has to hurt not making it, when you know you deserve it!
    Jags will pound and deliver but this time to a very, very, hurt 80% team with Burger, Ward, and Pop.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

If this goes to Jags -3 or Pitt. ends up the favorite I am going to HAMMMER the f*ck out of the Jags...

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Likin Pitt +2.5

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

not to mention pitt 4-0 against the spread in playoffs

pitt at home and 4-0 ats in playoffs hmm wow looks good , got to go jacksonville .but leave some money for game time and see how the weather is .there is room for the under here if climate weather comes into play .....jacksonville is to much here.
    Last edited by LINE-crush-ER; 01-04-08 at 01:03 AM. Reason: run on

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Strongly disagree with this play. I'll be on the Steelers ML.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Strongly disagree with this play. I'll be on the Steelers ML.
    Same here brother. I see nice value with the home team Money Line.

imgv94

Hoping we both win man. I'm really expecting a close game here. I can feel it in my bones.

nevadaside

EXCELLENCE my friend!!!

We CASHED. Thanx for droppin this winner in the forum.

Peyton2MarvinN06

I'm soo pumped the Jags pulled this one out! I honestly can't believe it! The Jags had this thing mailed in when it was 28-10, basically gave it away, then fought back real tough! They are gonna have to come with a 60 minute performance to give New England a game next week!

Hell yeah Jags! Big winna tonight! HOLLA!

imgv94

My ***** came through again.. Thats my dawg

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Congrats

imgv94

bump

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

nice hit. man that pitt rally sucked when it was looking so easy. down 18 for a sure win to a push for me. good thing you got it earlier

imgv94

bump cause my boy is fire.

12 Last