Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Skins QB issue-Collins or Campbell?

The only reason that I like the Washington Redskins the slightest bit is because I'm a huge Tony Stewart fan, thus I like Joe Gibbs... Anyways... I saw Sean Salisbury and John Clayton debating this one on ESPN tonight and it really pissed me off...

If the Skins make the playoffs and more than likely they will handle the Cowboys on Sunday, then they are saying that Jason Campbell could be ready to go next Saturday/Sunday against Seattle... This really pisses me off that they have to bring this up and if the Skins are dumb enough to put Campbell back in as the starter than they I hope the Seahawks kick their fvckin ass! Collins has got this team to where they are in the last few weeks! Look how good he has been throwin the ball and handling the speed of the game!

THE SKINS COULD NOT GET A PASSING TD TO SAVE THEIR LIFE IN THE FIRST 8 OR 9 GAMES OF THE SEASON! Look what Collins has been doing these last few weeks! They would be absolutely stupid IMO to go against Todd! I really was pissed when I saw this come up on Sports Center because COLLINS DESERVES TO PLAY!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a 13 year veteran, he should be expected to handle the speed of the game better and not make the crucial mistakes a 25 year old who has played 20 games typically makes.

If Collins was really anything special, he would not have ridden the bench so many years in his career, he's 36 years old and just now being seriously talked about. He's going to do some things better than Jason, but Jason has more potential and in the grand scheme of things has more talent to tap into. We're so used to seeing Bradys and Mannings we forget it takes time for most quarterbacks to start playing at a very high level right away.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

No way Gibbs goes back to Campbell unless Collins gets hurt. Campbell killed them in big spots all season. He was great between the 20s and racked up a ton of passing yards but was awful in the red zone at the end of games.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Campbell may be their QB of the future, but i can't believe that he'd be their QB of the present unless Collins gets hurt. I agree that Collins was on the bench for 10 years for a reason, but at this point in time with what he's done to get them here, he has to be their man....with Campbell returning to start game one of the 2008 season.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Ride the hot hand. The Skins are playing better on offense than they have pretty much all season. It's gotta be Collins till the end.

Campbell is their QB of the future. Collins is their QB for right now.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Ride the hot hand. The Skins are playing better on offense than they have pretty much all season. It's gotta be Collins till the end.

Campbell is their QB of the future. Collins is their QB for right now.
    From a former player and coaching standpoint, always ride out the hot hand, period.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I would keep Collins in now also, you keep who is winning for you.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like that hot hand approach, same thing they do in Buffalo or were doing in Arizona, I think it screws with young quarterbacks minds and makes them feel they have to win the game to the point that they start reaching too much....

Then what happens if Collins starts playing like a backup, then put Cambell in? Then Collins? Then Campbell... It's not the right way to coach your football team in my opinion, you commit to a guy, especially a young guy, and if he's struggling you yank him until you're confident in him again, not until his replacement has a bad outing.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I don't like that hot hand approach, same thing they do in Buffalo or were doing in Arizona, I think it screws with young quarterbacks minds and makes them feel they have to win the game to the point that they start reaching too much....

Then what happens if Collins starts playing like a backup, then put Cambell in? Then Collins? Then Campbell... It's not the right way to coach your football team in my opinion, you commit to a guy, especially a young guy, and if he's struggling you yank him until you're confident in him again, not until his replacement has a bad outing.
    Once Collins goes in the tank, you then go back to Campbell for good unless an injury sidelines him again. This is too crucial of a time to change back to Campbell unless it is warranted by Collins play. It would be different midseason. It's too risky changing the rhythm and flow now.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post

crazyl,
    I'm not talking about going back and forth multiple times within the same game. I'm talking about right now, I think Collins has moved the team better than Campbell was moving it pre-injury. I'd start Collins. If he struggles, I'd go back to Campbell for the rest of the game.

No question that Campbell is their QB for the future. But the Skins are in a one and done situation right now. And I think you play the QB that gives you the best chance to win - for me that's Collins.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the talk on this one! I really think that the Skins have to ride the hot hand of Collins! Boy, this game today sure is sloppy! This rain is making it hard on both teams! Collins has looked pretty good today again! If Collins isn't the starter @ Seattle next week then Gibbs should be fired if they lose!

I would not want to play the Skins in the playoffs! I can see them going into Seattle and winning!