Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

colts +6.5

As a Browns fan, this question is one of personal curiousity... what do you think the chances of the Colts beating the Titans are? Vegas has the Titans favored by almost a touchdown which would suggest they believe Dungy is going to rest the starters just about the whole game. How long do you think they will play?

The Browns are in the worst possible position... we just have to sit back and watch. Our game means absolutely nothing, win or lose (tough for me, personally, b/c I have tickets). The Titan game has been moved to the primetime slot on ABC... which means we just have to wait and watch.

What do you guys think?

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Read this: http://cache.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=...3-77827efe7583

Looks like Dungy is playing this game to win, but Manning will play for only the first half or less, and other starters could see limited play time. Injured players will most likely sit the whole game. However, Dungy said it is not his job to get the Browns in the playoffs by knocking off the Titans. His only concern is the health of his team. I think that the starters will get in the first few series and try to get a few points in and then rest the remainder of the game. Unless they choke, the Titans should win, but I'm staying away, because Vince Young's play hasn't been so convincing lately.

Week 17 History for Colts:
    2006 (12-4): W 27-22 over Miami (Miami was out of playoff contention)
    2005 (14-2): W 17-13 over Arizona (Arizona was out of playoff contention)
    2004 (12-4): L 33-14 to Denver (giving Denver final AFC wildcard spot)
    2003 (12-4): W 20-17 over Houston (Houston was out of playoff contention, but the Colts clinched the AFC South by winning this game)

So in the last four years, the Colts won when playing weak teams or when trying to clinch a playoff position. Their loss was against a team that was trying to get the wildcard spot (just like the Titans are).

The Titans are playing with much on the line and will come out guns blazing, while the Colts have little interest in this game and will sit the best players after the first few series.

My Pick: Titans by 10
    Last edited by eglickman; 12-25-07 at 10:46 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Will Dungy go out in public if he wanted Titans to win and say that Colts will play to lose? Get real guys. The last think he wants is a season ending injury to any of his players from a team that will fight with their teeth to get into the playoffs.

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly. Every game is a play to win game, but in this case it just means the second and third stringers will be playing to win.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

More heartbreak for the Browns, I'm afraid. I was hoping they'd make the playoffs myself, if only because they would bring some interest to a game against Pitt or SD (either of whom I believe will blow out Tennessee).

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

and the winner is...

the Titans only if the spread doesn't exceed more than 4 points....

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by EastsidaProduct View Post
    the Titans only if the spread doesn't exceed more than 4 points....
    Um, as you can see from the title of this thread, Titans are already -6.5. Some places have -7 and I also saw -7.5 +110 at 5 Dimes. Don't be surpsised if you see -7.5 across the board on game day.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bet the Colts 1H and Titans 2H. Basically, Manning is only playing the 1st half, so the Colts will only be "trying" in the 1st half. As for the full game point spread, probably lay off that one, but bet the Titans ML because they'll probably find a way to get the win in the end.