madden
    madden's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers future

Hi. I have a copy of this in my thread, which will contain everything.

This is a superficial article about the SF 49ers, one of my ''top 10'' improved teams (in relevance, not regular season record comparison)
    I am creating a blog, which already contains this article (but with pictures and a video), but I'm only releasing its adress when I finish editing some HTML, which I don't think is gonna happen soon since I am working and training like crazy right now.

[COLOR=#000000 !important]TOP 10 IMPROVED TEAMS

Starting with the 49ers, I intend to create 10 posts which will deeply focus into relevant information regarding teams that I believe will be better (or much better) than last year. That's why you shouldn't expect seeing the Saints or the Colts in this series of posts (hard to improve- when you go to a Superbowl)

Well, well. Let me begin with the 49ers. They had a losing record for 7 years. Last season, with a more stable QB, and a good offense (better numbers in rushing, passing, TDs and much more than their opps.) when many expected the defense to do all the work for the team, they got an 8-8 record.

Who is crazy enough to think, with a weak Seattle and St.Louis in their division, and an Arizona far from the 2009 playoff-miracle team, that the 49ers won't have its best record in many years?

49ers first 2 weeks will be crucial. If they manage to lose to the Seahawks in Seattle (which is possible) and then LOSE again, playing home against the Saints (which is not only possible, but likely, if New Orleans begins this season like the last one - on fire), handicappers all around will start to worry about beating their OVER win line (and with reason).

Specially because, taking a closer look at the bottom part of the schedule, you'll see games AT pumped-up playoff contenders Arizona, Green Bay and San Diego, in weeks that will probably further determine their spot in the postseason. Expect tough games, specially in 12/5 and 12/16, when they will face blood-seeking home teams.

Adding to that, check the time spam. A tough game home against Seattle, and FOUR days later they travel to face San Diego. This doesn't look good

Something people should see with good eyes about this San Francisco team is that key people seem to want to play there. Even the players know this team has potential. Patrick Willis, no further comments needed, just signed, two weeks ago, a contract extension. Singletary looks happy, not going anywhere, more mature at his 52. Vernon Davis, Pro Bowl TE who tied Antonio Gates' NFL record for touchdowns in a season (13) last year, seems to be following the same path "That'd be good, when I eventually sign my extension. It's not something that's heavy on my mind. I'm not really thinking about it at the moment. I like to let things come to me.". He said that while attending 49ers's training camp. Crabtree is going to play even better this year. Pieces are falling in the right places, ladies and gentlemen.

49ers' first two draft picks this year were offensive linemen (2 good ones, by the way, strong, big and scary), showing their commitment to improving the odds of having even less interceptions thrown (14). Less pressure on the quarterback not only can reduce the number of sacks (40 last season), but will be an offensive boost to a strong Frank Gore (10 TDs/+1000yds performance)

Well, this is big enough already. I will probably post a "part 2" to this as soon as I gather more news about the 49ers. Next, 49ers' highlights from last season and my win line prediction for this year.

My early conclusions are:
    49ers expected regular season record: 10-6.
    [/COLOR]

StarPicks
    StarPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers need to find a QB to complement Gore. But IMO, Gore is not that great of a RB.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Last edited by Scorpion; 05-27-10 at 12:59 AM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

49ers are looking better going into this season than they have in over a decade. This is their year to show something.

I'm not as down on Alex Smith as the rest of the forum seems to be. He's simply never really had a great spot, now he does.

The young talent on this team is incredible. I guess drafting in the top half of the draft for over a decade eventually pays.

Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just call me crazy.

Leverage
    HURR DERP DEEP DURP
    Leverage's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think its funny you called Seattle weak then stated how hard its going to be for the Niners to beat them.

jureslo
    jureslo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Thsi team can make playoffs but they are still years away from SB or something like that.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

They can manage to win the West but I still see Seattle and Arizona giving them problems. =|

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I think SF has a legit shot at winning the NFC West considering that Arizona is not the same offensive powerhouse as it has been over the last few years. However, I expect Seattle to come off strong under new head coach Pete Carroll.

filter15
    filter15's Avatar Become A Pro!

good stuff keep it rollin

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with 10-6

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Sounds good, I like how the 49ers performed against the Texans and Colts.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

should be intresting year

madden

Quote Originally Posted by Leverage View Post
    I think its funny you called Seattle weak then stated how hard its going to be for the Niners to beat them.
    Well, they're not contradictorial statements

Quote Originally Posted by alex81 View Post
    I think SF has a legit shot at winning the NFC West considering that Arizona is not the same offensive powerhouse as it has been over the last few years. However, I expect Seattle to come off strong under new head coach Pete Carroll.
    Agreed completely
    As posted in my thread, though, 49ers isn't the most valuable pick, considering the odds.

Ch3fDan
    Go Blue
    Ch3fDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

The 49ers should win this division without any problems. I don't think they can contend for a superbowl just yet but they are certainly on the right track, and saying that Frank Gore isn't a very good running back is ridiculous.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

agreed 10-6

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

better than last year.. but not 10 wins

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

49ers are improved, but not a playoff team. I'm guessing they go 7-9 or 8-8

giants06
    giants06's Avatar Become A Pro!

10-6 might be a little high. 8-8 more likely. If they are lucky 9-7.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by madden View Post
    Hi. I have a copy of this in my thread, which will contain everything.

This is a superficial article about the SF 49ers, one of my ''top 10'' improved teams (in relevance, not regular season record comparison)
    I am creating a blog, which already contains this article (but with pictures and a video), but I'm only releasing its adress when I finish editing some HTML, which I don't think is gonna happen soon since I am working and training like crazy right now.

[COLOR=#000000 !important]TOP 10 IMPROVED TEAMS

Starting with the 49ers, I intend to create 10 posts which will deeply focus into relevant information regarding teams that I believe will be better (or much better) than last year. That's why you shouldn't expect seeing the Saints or the Colts in this series of posts (hard to improve- when you go to a Superbowl)

Well, well. Let me begin with the 49ers. They had a losing record for 7 years. Last season, with a more stable QB, and a good offense (better numbers in rushing, passing, TDs and much more than their opps.) when many expected the defense to do all the work for the team, they got an 8-8 record.

Who is crazy enough to think, with a weak Seattle and St.Louis in their division, and an Arizona far from the 2009 playoff-miracle team, that the 49ers won't have its best record in many years?

49ers first 2 weeks will be crucial. If they manage to lose to the Seahawks in Seattle (which is possible) and then LOSE again, playing home against the Saints (which is not only possible, but likely, if New Orleans begins this season like the last one - on fire), handicappers all around will start to worry about beating their OVER win line (and with reason).

Specially because, taking a closer look at the bottom part of the schedule, you'll see games AT pumped-up playoff contenders Arizona, Green Bay and San Diego, in weeks that will probably further determine their spot in the postseason. Expect tough games, specially in 12/5 and 12/16, when they will face blood-seeking home teams.

Adding to that, check the time spam. A tough game home against Seattle, and FOUR days later they travel to face San Diego. This doesn't look good

Something people should see with good eyes about this San Francisco team is that key people seem to want to play there. Even the players know this team has potential. Patrick Willis, no further comments needed, just signed, two weeks ago, a contract extension. Singletary looks happy, not going anywhere, more mature at his 52. Vernon Davis, Pro Bowl TE who tied Antonio Gates' NFL record for touchdowns in a season (13) last year, seems to be following the same path "That'd be good, when I eventually sign my extension. It's not something that's heavy on my mind. I'm not really thinking about it at the moment. I like to let things come to me.". He said that while attending 49ers's training camp. Crabtree is going to play even better this year. Pieces are falling in the right places, ladies and gentlemen.

49ers' first two draft picks this year were offensive linemen (2 good ones, by the way, strong, big and scary), showing their commitment to improving the odds of having even less interceptions thrown (14). Less pressure on the quarterback not only can reduce the number of sacks (40 last season), but will be an offensive boost to a strong Frank Gore (10 TDs/+1000yds performance)

Well, this is big enough already. I will probably post a "part 2" to this as soon as I gather more news about the 49ers. Next, 49ers' highlights from last season and my win line prediction for this year.

My early conclusions are:
    49ers expected regular season record: 10-6.
    [/color]

Singletary will take this team to the promise land...

madden

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    agreed 10-6
    Quote Originally Posted by scarp View Post
    better than last year.. but not 10 wins
    Quote Originally Posted by msec512 View Post
    49ers are improved, but not a playoff team. I'm guessing they go 7-9 or 8-8
    Quote Originally Posted by giants06 View Post
    10-6 might be a little high. 8-8 more likely. If they are lucky 9-7.
    wow, maybe I should put 49ers into the top 10 uncertain future teams

GunShard

Lol, Maybe they could get into the playoffs, like how the Chargers could beat the Chiefs and Raiders 4 times each season.

The 49ers could beat the Rams, Seahawks and Cardinals 6 times each season now.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Lol, Maybe they could get into the playoffs, like how the Chargers could beat the Chiefs and Raiders 4 times each season.

The 49ers could beat the Rams, Seahawks and Cardinals 6 times each season now.
    I agree. That's how people are getting to 10 wins. 5 or 6 wins in division and 4 or 5 wins in the remaining 10 games. Remember they face the AFC West (Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos) as well as the NFC South (Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs) plus Eagles & Packers. Not the most daunting schedule. Literally, one of the easiest in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

madden

Yes, hard to think they're gonna get less than 4 W's in their own division

GunShard

Does rank #1 on that Strength of Schedule mean that it's the hardest schedule?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Does rank #1 on that Strength of Schedule mean that it's the hardest schedule?
    Yes.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

You will see a complete turnaround with this Franchise within 5 years if they keep the head coach that is in place. Mark my words

JayTrotter
    JayTrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 49ers play host the saints, play at the falcons, at the packers, at the chargers..

That is somewhere around 4 losses...

This would mean they would have to go 10-2 in the rest of their games.. is that going to happen?

and that is not even considering their game at Carolina, before they fly to London to play the broncos..

I am probably just not drinking the Singletary Kool aid.. he took over a bad team and made them average.. coaching record 13-12..
    I would say a projection of between 7-9 wins is about right.

Remember it is easier to go from 3 wins to 8 wins, than from 8 wins to 11 wins.