BAMABETTER
    BAMABETTER's Avatar Become A Pro!

pats 16-0 ? ,,,, i don't think so

New Englands offense seem to be getting tired. going up against this pittsburg defense could leave the pats shaking their heads after the dust settles. + 10 is just gravy

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I just think they've been looking at this Pittsburgh game the last two weeks, figuring they could get by the teams they beat with minimal effort. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats blow the Steelers out, although there is no way I'm laying double-digits.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats blow the Steelers out, although there is no way I'm laying double-digits.
    Because LT is a + man. LT is not a - man!!!

LT Profits

You got it Doc!

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i just dnt get how getting 31 and 28 points in last 2 games is "tired" they've played 2 defenses with veteran coaches. last time i checked 29.5 points last 2 games is still pretty good. but i dn we'll see

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

16-0 easy. . . Dude, they played 3 straight night games. Teams really get up and bring their best for night games, due to only playing a few throughout the season, and its on national TV in primetime. Do you know how hard it is to match those 3 opponets enthusiam playing in their super bowl basically, when you have a bulls eye on your chest. This is the week the win easy against a horrible road team in pittsburgh. . .

BAMABETTER

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    i just dnt get how getting 31 and 28 points in last 2 games is "tired" they've played 2 defenses with veteran coaches. last time i checked 29.5 points last 2 games is still pretty good. but i dn we'll see
    your right 29.5 ppg is not bad but when they have avg. over 40 ppg before the last 2 games, makes me wonder.
    last 2 games avg score 29.5 to 26,,,
    games before the last 2 avg. score ,,41 to 15...yes i'll say
    they are about to fold and with 10 points, yep i'll take pitts.

BAMABETTER

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    don't overlook the fact that the pats have only covered 1 of their last 4 games

BAMABETTER

Quote Originally Posted by BAMABETTER View Post
    your right 29.5 ppg is not bad but when they have avg. over 40 ppg before the last 2 games, makes me wonder.
    last 2 games avg score 29.5 to 26,,,
    games before the last 2 avg. score ,,41 to 15...yes i'll say
    they are about to fold and with 10 points, yep i'll take pitts.
    pats have covered only 1 of their 4 games . and that 1 cover
    was against buffalo.
    but who knows what will happen. N.E. is a great team.
    but even great teams get beat from time to time.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

only way they lose maybe is resting players and "taking off" some in the last couple games

i honestly dont think they give a crap about going undefeated

$Bnizi
    $Bnizi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh is a solid football team but they have'nt beaten anyone. Pittsburgh is only averaging about 14 points a game the last three weeks and they face a pats d which is very good against the run. 14 points will not be anywhere near good enough to beat the Pats who are still averaging 30+. Pats get back to there covering ways this week, lay the points.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

hey im taken pittsburgh wit the spread pats prob wont win by 10.5 or w/e it is but pitt aint gna win this game

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BAMABETTER View Post
    don't overlook the fact that the pats have only covered 1 of their last 4 games
    This has to be the most ridiculous piece of evidence people who bets sports use. I mean, how is that even remotely relevant here?

outdrawed

Quote Originally Posted by $Bnizi View Post
    Pittsburgh is a solid football team but they have'nt beaten anyone. Pittsburgh is only averaging about 14 points a game the last three weeks and they face a pats d which is very good against the run. 14 points will not be anywhere near good enough to beat the Pats who are still averaging 30+. Pats get back to there covering ways this week, lay the points.
    Cleveland twice, Seattle.

And you're high if you think the Pats have been any good at defending the run recently.

outdrawed

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    hahahahhahahahahahahha

outdrawed

Seriously, I don't think I've seen one even remotely intelligent sentence in this thread. Every new post is some completely unimportant and useless stat or completely incorrect statement about one of the teams.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post
    Cleveland twice, Seattle.

And you're high if you think the Pats have been any good at defending the run recently.
    The Pats held the Eagles to 54 yards rushing (52 for Westbrook on 17 carries, 3.05 ypc)

They gave up 138 to McGahee on 30 carries 4.6 ypc.

So in essence, "recently" is one bad game against the run.

mgcolby

Parker had 87 yards last week against a terrible Cincy run defense (23rd).

Pittsburgh has also lost 3 road games against the 6-6 Cardinals, the 5-7 Broncos and the 3-9 Jets.

Their only two road wins came against the Charlie Frye led Browns and the Bengals.

How does a team that is 2-3 on the road against opponents with a combined 25-35 record, missing their best DB while facing the best passing offense in the league on the road, inspire confidence in anyone?
    Last edited by mgcolby; 12-08-07 at 10:52 PM.

outdrawed

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    The Pats held the Eagles to 54 yards rushing (52 for Westbrook on 17 carries, 3.05 ypc)

They gave up 138 to McGahee on 30 carries 4.6 ypc.

So in essence, "recently" is one bad game against the run.
    Intelligent evidence. I'm not sure how to respond here....

Give me a second or two.

mgcolby

Intelligent evidence. I'm not sure how to respond here....

Give me a second or two.
    Take your time I got to run.

outdrawed

I'm a Pats fan, so I've been watching every game this year. The linebackers are beat up. Junior Seau looked completely lost in the last game, and even Belicheck conceded that his team was a tired football team.

In my opinion, the Steelers are THE LAST team I want to play right now. They play football the way you expect a game like football to be played. Hard, physical, bruising. Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau are like a combined 103 years old and they showed it last game. They were atrocious, and the 4.6 ypc is pretty generous considering I think they had 13 guys in the box on Baltimore's last couple of drives. I'm hoping the extra day off Belicheck gave his team is enough to recharge their batteries enough to take on the team.

(But yes, my comment about the "run defense lately" was a little sloppy.)

outdrawed

That being said, the difference between home Pitt and away Pitt has been astronomical. I'm not touching the spread, but I do have 0.5u on the Steelers ML (+450). Even so, I hope I lose that $2.50. GO PATS!

outdrawed

It's also hilarious to see my title and realize I'm betting $5 per unit.

mgcolby

I'm a Pats fan, so I've been watching every game this year. The linebackers are beat up. Junior Seau looked completely lost in the last game, and even Belicheck conceded that his team was a tired football team.

In my opinion, the Steelers are THE LAST team I want to play right now. They play football the way you expect a game like football to be played. Hard, physical, bruising. Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau are like a combined 103 years old and they showed it last game. They were atrocious, and the 4.6 ypc is pretty generous considering I think they had 13 guys in the box on Baltimore's last couple of drives. I'm hoping the extra day off Belicheck gave his team is enough to recharge their batteries enough to take on the team.

(But yes, my comment about the "run defense lately" was a little sloppy.)

I'm a Pats fan as well. I am hoping Woods can actually step in a play outside on the early downs so that Thomas can stay in the middle to sure up the run. I don't have a hole lot of faith in Alexander manning the middle after the way he played in the AFCC game last year. When they moved Harrison into the box the run d improved drastically late in the game. I think they will try that approach again and see if Big Ben can make some plays. I know Holmes is playing but is he 100%?

I haven't decided if I am going to take play this game or not. I can see Pitt getting up for this game and keeping it close, but I can also see the Pats regrouping and blowing them out. It is a tough call, IMO.

outdrawed

I haven't decided if I am going to take play this game or not. I can see Pitt getting up for this game and keeping it close, but I can also see the Pats regrouping and blowing them out. It is a tough call, IMO.
    Bingo. That's why I'm taking Pitt ML and staying away from spread. I have no idea what's going to happen in this game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    They don't care about going 16-0...They want to go 19-0!