HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

Pats Shaving Points?

Belicheat gets caught in "cam-scam" the first week of the season, costing him a half-million fine. He then whips his team into a frenzy and the Pats go on an unprecedented run, simply destroying teams. That is until the last two weeks as oddsmakers react with lines in the 20's. Now all of a sudden they can only beat Philly and Balt by 3 each?

My theory is that Belicheat has made back his fine and then some the past two games by betting the huge dogs he faced. Laugh all you want....but just think about it awhile.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I think the teams are gunning for New England and they are doing their best to make sure they don't win every game this season. The other teams are figuring out New Englands weaknesses and going after them, their secondary is not that good and it has showed these past two games. I do believe that they have problems on defense since now they have allowed more than 24 points in the last two games.

thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4445

tonight it was a few things:

1) pats were too stubborn offensively, should've thrown more screens and ran the ball more in the windy conditions.

2) the pats have alot of injuries in the secondary, and for some reason the useless media never talks about this. Maybe it will finally be mentioned this week.

3) I think the pats are bored right now. They've proved they're legit to everyone, and now they're going through a funk....they already have the division locked up, they know they're winning the #1 seed.....now that the perfect season is really within reach I expect them to come out of it sooner than later, but it might not be a bad idea to fade them for one more week with a very solid pitt squad getting 14.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

i think anything is possible, but your not going to keep pounding veges, like they got hit those last few covers that NE had. Its like the stock market thiers going to be a correction one way or the other. As for points shaving BB not going to take fine lying down, is he??????

chano
    chano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Belicheat gets caught in "cam-scam" the first week of the season, costing him a half-million fine. He then whips his team into a frenzy and the Pats go on an unprecedented run, simply destroying teams. That is until the last two weeks as oddsmakers react with lines in the 20's. Now all of a sudden they can only beat Philly and Balt by 3 each?

My theory is that Belicheat has made back his fine and then some the past two games by betting the huge dogs he faced. Laugh all you want....but just think about it awhile.
    I like the way you are thinking...Although I dont think he (Belicheck)would jeopardize actulally losing the game. I really think they (NE) are having some problems offensively right now. If not, they would have blown away Philly and Balt. Average 40+ a game , last 2 games only 27.5. There is the diff in covering the spread or not...

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22747

If they are point shaving, wouldn't they only be winning by 14-17 points, instead of barely winning the game outright?

UWinSports2k8
    UWinSports2k8's Avatar Become A Pro!

He wouldnt risk what he makes every year for a couple of games pointshaving.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

The answer is definately no he is not point shaving. The Ravens said that this game was their superbowl. The windy conditions made it hard to pass. Moss and Watson both dropped TD passes right in their hands. Baltimore was able to run effectively. All these factors kept the game close.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    The answer is definately no he is not point shaving. The Ravens said that this game was their superbowl. The windy conditions made it hard to pass. Moss and Watson both dropped TD passes right in their hands. Baltimore was able to run effectively. All these factors kept the game close.
    Funny you should mention the dropped TD passes. The conspiracy widens...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This is Ridic , give them credit for being one of the best ever. It's the NFL even players on the worst teams are still great football players.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Exactly louisvillekid, in the NFL anything can happen especially given the windy conditions last night.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

no point shaving, no need to take risks on brady getting hurt. and no need to worry about losing games when you know the officials and league are on your side..they could have saved themselves the exercise on 4th down cus no matter what the pats did, the officials were going to penalize the ravens....no matter what... and they were going to keep giving them 1st downs until they got it in. if you think differently, you are blinded by ignorance. pats dont lose this year. the league wants them to win.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

It sounds crazy but I guess it's possible. I think the Patriots have had a target on their backs and it's going getting bigger. Teams are really pumped up to play them and take them down. The Ravens played inspired football last night and almost pulled off the upset. The Pats have been struggling since their come back win against the Colts.

P.S. Didn't Ron Jaworski accuse Randy Moss of laying off plays last week against the Eagles?
    Last edited by Tchocky; 12-04-07 at 02:33 PM.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny you should mention the dropped TD passes. The conspiracy widens...
    What a stupid statement.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You hit the nail on the head. Belichick is absolutely point shaving.

HedgeHog

Again this is just a theory, no actual proof. I'm waiting for confirmation from a very reliable source. Tim Donaghy, please call me collect.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    What a stupid statement.
    It happened in the NBA. The NFL is exempt?

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It happened in the NBA. The NFL is exempt?
    A coach was shaving points in the NBA? Must've missed that one.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NEP Dynasty View Post
    A coach was shaving points in the NBA? Must've missed that one.
    You have to excuse Hedge , he had his head in the toilet much of his life.

HedgeHog

A Ref, Tim Donaghy ,called enough fouls to make sure games went over, so as to collect his bets.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

When money is on the line you can bet someone has there hands in it. You would be suprised by how many sports games are rigged.

SlipperyRockBook
    SlipperyRockBook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed...

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    You have to excuse Hedge , he had his head in the toilet much of his life.
    Do you really play poker for a living; you can read people?

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Hedge just learn to love the Pats!!

m3vr6
    m3vr6's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the owner paid the fines for him. it's prob in his contract that if he gets fine by the league the owner pays for him. also if he were to bet say $50K or $100K per game, not many books will take that action and if so they would seek out who is behind it etc.. also do u think he would take more risks just trying to get back 500k? highly doubt it.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I guarentee the organization gave him the $500k back. The owner is like "You do what it takes to win, Ill give you the money for the fine".

HedgeHog

I'm thinking Belicheat gets serious this week and kicks Pitt's ass. Afterall, he's collected the past 2 weeks against his team, now he's got the line to a reasonable level. Pats win big this week.

HedgeHog

deleted
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 12-04-07 at 07:47 PM.

HedgeHog

deleted
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 12-04-07 at 07:47 PM.

HedgeHog

deleted
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 12-04-07 at 07:45 PM.