babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baba Week 13: One Heavy bet, a couple others.

4* Browns +1 (-105) -- 2 things here: 1) AZ's secondary is depleted after last losing arguably their 2 best DB's (Wilson and Green) last week and Warner is a tad tender as well. Those ribs aren't getting any better and he's having trouble holding onto the ball with only one good arm 2) It just may be possible that Cleveland is a good team. Those of us that kept saying "this is the week Derek Anderson proves to be a fluke" have to admit that the guy is legit. It doesn't hurt to have a WR on a mission (Braylon) and a Tight End that's a bona fide warrior (Winslow) as weapons. Oh, and Joey J. is no slouch either. Really, the fact that Cleveland is getting points at AZ is astounding to me, but I guess history says the Browns suck... AGAIN, I'M MAKING A BIG PLAY HERE, especially with the nickel line.

1.5* Browns-Cards Over 51 (-110)-- Again, depleted Cards secondary and 2 prolific offenses.

1* Pats -20 (-105)--I never thought I'd lay this much chalk on an NFL team in the regular season, on the road, against the vaunted Ravens defense. That said, how does Baltimore score more than 10-14 here? And isn't New England a gimme for 35+? I'll be wagering highly on the Pats 1st half line and the first half over, but I think 20.5 will be fairly easy. The strengths of this Ravens defense aren't well suited to stop the Pats aerial attack. If you're going to bet against the Pats here, I'd suggest using logic other than "The Ravens defense is great". The only way the Ravens cover is if they get a DST score or two (not out of the question) or just completely control the clock and keep the ball out of Brady's hands (not likely). All this hubbub about the Eagles providing the "blueprint" for stopping the Pats will just fire up Belichek even more. Pats 38-10 or so.

1*Eagles-Seahawks Over 42---this one seems too easy... I'll keep an eye on Westbrook. If he can't go, I may switch this up but for now, the over is the play. Even with McNabb, this should go over, though I do hope Feeley gets the start.

1* Jets-Dolphins Under 38.5 --- Again, this one looks too easy on paper. Am I missing an angle here? The Jets can't run the ball (as evidenced by TJ's ZERO TD's this season), and the passing game is on the decline for whatever reason. The Dolphins are starting John Beck, who reminds me of about 30 prior NFL rookie QB's who simply aren't ready to play but are thrust into the starting lineup. Oh, and the 0-11 Dolphins are actually favored to win this game??? Quite a statement by the linemakers here.

Also looking at the Saints/Bucs Over (depending on Garcia's availability)...

Good luck
    Last edited by babaoriley; 11-30-07 at 02:44 PM.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm with you on the browns/cards over and the jets/fins under...dead against you on the zona/clevland side, i'm big on the cards, i like them by a td. they play pretty good at home and can score plenty enough to keep up with clevland. g/l

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by roasthawg View Post
    i'm with you on the browns/cards over and the jets/fins under...dead against you on the zona/clevland side, i'm big on the cards, i like them by a td. they play pretty good at home and can score plenty enough to keep up with clevland. g/l

Best of luck to you also. With Wilson and Green, I'd be a little more leery of the Browns covering, but without them I just don't know how they can stop the Browns offense. Again, good luck to you this weekend.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 11-30-07 at 02:44 PM.