bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about this prop bet?

While I was capping all the prop bets on tonights Packers/Cowboys game, I came across this one at TheGreek that I feel has some value.

What will happen first for Brett Favre

195 Throw a TD pass -150
    196 Throw an Interception +120
    As we all know already the Packers seem to be throwing the ball almost every down this year. My thoughts are that they Dallas defense will be up for the challenge tonight, and can shut down Farve for the most part. I feel +120 on him throwing a pick before he throws a TD is a pretty solid wager.

Before I place my wager I would like to get you guys thoughts on this one if I could please.

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say TD. Last year I would have said a Pick-6 before anything but Favre has really honed down his game, and I do not think that anyone in the Dallas Secondary (besides Newman) can make a play on Favre on D.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's making better decisions this year, so I think it might be rolling the dice a little too much for him to throw one at the wrong uniform so early on.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Dan,

crazl is correct. Brett is making better decisions this season but he could come out a little "geeked up" for the big game and throw an early pick. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

he will throw a pick just not right away i would bet the other way

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't like that at all, 22tds against 8 pics...the only thing keeping me off this bet is that dallas is 2nd in the league in pics, i'd imagine most of those come in the 2nd half when they're up big though...it's a no bet for me.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

not to mention the fact gb is going more & more with a 5wr spread package, which will expose the lack of depth in the dal secondary...i see them breaking this package out on the first drive & rather frequently afterwards

see gb winning it outright (due to not turning it over)

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree etothep -- the GB 5 wide set pushes teams to have to use one or two DBs that they do not feel comfortable using. And with GB receivers, all of them can catch and run routes well -- and bad DBs can not defend.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan,

Not a big fan of this bet, he could easily throw a touch before the pic, he's having an amazing season..............still think the cowboys win this one.

SBR Lou

Thing with him is, he doesn't normally throw the boneheaded interception to start the game. I know he has before, but with much greater frequency he throws the boneheaded interception when they are down big, and he's trying to do too much.

This year, with more than just one go-to guy, he's able to be smarter with the football. He really is a "gunslinger", because the guy is accurate and still has a great arm. He gets picked off when he's careless with the football. Mike McCarthy has obviously done well with him at this point in his career, and slowed the game down for Brett.

I'd be very surprised if he comes out early and does something stupid.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    not to mention the fact gb is going more & more with a 5wr spread package, which will expose the lack of depth in the dal secondary...i see them breaking this package out on the first drive & rather frequently afterwards

see gb winning it outright (due to not turning it over)
    i'm a big fan of the spread coming to the nfl, people said it wouldn't work but gb is proving them wrong...this offense is gonna put a premium on wrs now.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

BBD, i dont want to be an echo of what everyone said, but i thought the TD one was the obvious bet here if you take any of them

Brett usually makes mistakes when he is behind and tries to force things

Early in the game he will play smart and avoid the pick

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like this bet at all. I think that Farve will only bring you the money if Dallas gets up big and Farve is force to put the ball in tough places. He hasn't had to do that all year, hence his low interception rate as compared to the past couple of years. You could get a lucky bounce off of somebodys face mask or something, but for only +120 I don't like the payoff.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a matter of fact, if you really think he'll throw the pick, lay some wood and take -200 that he'll throw one at some point during the game, this goes with the old adage, bet the bet and not the spread

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

From all the comments it sounds like a lock to me. Interception before TD.

Mike the Greek
    Mike the Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    While I was capping all the prop bets on tonights Packers/Cowboys game, I came across this one at TheGreek that I feel has some value.

As we all know already the Packers seem to be throwing the ball almost every down this year. My thoughts are that they Dallas defense will be up for the challenge tonight, and can shut down Farve for the most part. I feel +120 on him throwing a pick before he throws a TD is a pretty solid wager.

Before I place my wager I would like to get you guys thoughts on this one if I could please.
    TD! Brett and GB will pick apart the poor Dallas secondary and show them how to play football

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

any prop that is +$$ is worth a shot in my opinion

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    I don't think I'd go that far Crayzee, but I do believe that their is value in this one though.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're betting a guy that has a TD/INT ratio of 22:8 going up against a defense with a TD/INT ratio of 15:16 is going to throw a INT first 45% of the time? I wouldn't bet it.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    I'd suspect that that's not an advantage play long-term.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

some maybe useless numbers

Favre has thrown a TD before an INT in 7/11 games this year. He's thrown an INT first in the other 4.

Dallas has allowed a TD before and INT in 4/11 games this year. They had an interception before allowing a TD in 6/11 games, and against Minnesota neither had an INT or gave up a TD.

SBR Lou

wtg dan

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    From all the comments it sounds like a lock to me. Interception before TD.

bigboydan

Thanks fellas

It was looking bad on that packers drive, but they held'um to a field goal thank god.