gomez.dave
    gomez.dave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favre or Brady, Who’s who?

Who is your bet for the most offensive player of the season, Brett Favre or Tom Brady? I heard it on the my stilletto100 that Favre is the leader for the offensive player for the season. Do you guys agree? I bet for Favre too.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

brady hands down.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear the Favre argument some places, and it would be a sweet thing for him and any other time I would probably agree, but the fact is Brady is just having too unreal of a year.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If/when Brady rings up 60 TD passes and breaks every other single season QB record, how do they not give it to Brady? On the other hand Favre is doing it without insane weapons compared to Brady, not to mention an anemic running game and very young offensive line. Favre really is willing this Packers team to their 10-1 record. But maybe much of Favre's success really belong's to the coaching.

So, give Brady the MVP and McCarthy the coach of the year.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think McCarthy is the best choice for what he's done in Green Bay so soon, but if the Patriots do go undefeated, I think you'd have to give it to Belichick. Even with all the early controversy, that would be an incredible accomplishment.

gomez.dave
    gomez.dave's Avatar Become A Pro!

according to the lastest survey Favre is way up high for the offensive player of the season

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady until they lose

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

favre is like the cinderella story and people love that so if u take the average person they will give it 2 favre if u take some1 who knows wat their talking about and wat the award means..they'll obviously take brady

roasthawg

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    favre is like the cinderella story and people love that so if u take the average person they will give it 2 favre if u take some1 who knows wat their talking about and wat the award means..they'll obviously take brady
    exactly...i'm a niners fan and have absolutely NUTHIN coming this yr so i've already made up my mind to roll with the pack, i love that 5 wr spread they run and how can you not like brett and his older than dirt ass out there owning the league?!? but the fact of the matter is brady is doing things this yr i never thought i would see, his numbers are just ridiculous!!! any award you can think of needs to go to brady and the pats this yr, we all knew he wuz a stud before the season and everyone always wondered what he'd do if he ever had a great set of skill players to work with...well now we know, OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady.
    No question about it.
    Thinks better on his feet.
    More mobile.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

One interesting thought crosses my mind. What if Favre & Brady spontaniously swapped teams. I think Favre would easily carry on with what Brady is currently doing with New England. I'm less convinced that Brady could continue the one-man-show that Brett is doing with Green Bay to carry the team. Thus, I think Brett is much more integral to the success of the Packers than Brady is integral to the success of the Patriots. But, it's splitting hairs. Maybe co-MVP?

If Brett goes into Dallas and cuts up the Dallas secondary and subsequently secures the #1 seed in the NFC to finish the regular season, I think Brett deserves at least a share of the MVP.

roasthawg

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    One interesting thought crosses my mind. What if Favre & Brady spontaniously swapped teams. I think Favre would easily carry on with what Brady is currently doing with New England. I'm less convinced that Brady could continue the one-man-show that Brett is doing with Green Bay to carry the team. Thus, I think Brett is much more integral to the success of the Packers than Brady is integral to the success of the Patriots. But, it's splitting hairs. Maybe co-MVP?

If Brett goes into Dallas and cuts up the Dallas secondary and subsequently secures the #1 seed in the NFC to finish the regular season, I think Brett deserves at least a share of the MVP.
    i LOVE the thought...i actually think both would be about equal in alternate roles (given equal time with o.c.'s and wr's and whatnot). gb's and ne's offenses are sooo similar in terms of running plays outta shotgun spread sets, it really comes down to the talent level surrounding the qbs...while it's obvious that ne is light yrs ahead of gb in that regard brady has been near perfect with what he's been given so he can't be docked for that. imo near perfect has to equal mvp...although we still have six games left to see what time it is!!!

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

I agree. To me, the Packers run and what Favre has done is more surprising and impressive. Let's see if it continues. Maybe a GB /NE super bowl is coming.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady was pretty close to the superbowl with gafney and his other shit receiving corps last year.

I think it would be business as usual for both. Look at the wideouts that brady has head on his superbowl teams. It is no wonder he is kicking but with the guys he has this year.

Think about it!!