patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

My breakdown of Turkey Day

GB-3.5 at Det +3.5
    What makes me like GB @ -3.5???
    Green Bay is on a roll this season, and it's primarily due to Brett Favre having his best season ever. They have gotten a strong effort from their defense, more notably in pass coverage. They like to pass, and Detroit is one of the worst in the league in pass defense. Kevin Jones started off the season banged up, and he has been struggling lately to put up big yards. They just lost to the Giants, who are inferior to the Packers. The only things that scare me are the fact that Favre historically sucks on turf/in domes, and I really don't like giving up the 3, more specifically the hook (F*%$ bodog). I didn't want to buy the 1/2 point to take
    GB-3 at -135 odds, so I just sucked it up and took GB -3.5.

NYJ+14 at DAL-14

What makes me like Jets at +14???
    Week 11 showed that the Jets can stop a strong offense (Steelers) Granted, they were at home, and Pitt kinda sucks on the road. The Jets finally made the move to Clemens, who IMO (as a Jets fan) has been doing a much better job at the QB position. The public is in love with Dallas and Tony Romo, so they assume the insane offense of Dallas will score points at will vs. the crappy 2-8 Jets. Do I think Dallas wins the game? Yes! Do I think they cover? NO! Why not? #1 they were losing to the HORRIBLE Deadskins last week for half a game, then wound up only winning by 5. Let's see who the Cowboys have beaten by 14+ this year @ home....STL in week 4....THAT'S IT!!!! Dallas is the easy pick to win, and bookies take this into account by overvaluing them, and the line shows this. Take the points! NYJ +14

INDY-12 at ATL Falcons +12
    Tough one to call here....Indy looks terrible after losing to the Pats....embarrasing loss in SD, lame a$s 3 point win at home v/s the terrible Chiefs and a rookie qb, "clutch kicker" missing gimme field goals... and on and on. Marvin Harrison will be out, Freeney is gone. Everyone has written them off from making any noise in the playoffs. Even though Tony Dungy has proclaimed "He doesn't care if they win this game by 2 points" I think INDY is still the play here. ATL really looked HORRIBLE against the Bucs, their play this year has been an embarrassment. Harrington wins a game and gets benched. No wonder the players all hate Petrino. Most of the time taking a home dog and the points is the way to go, but here I just don't see it. Look for Indy to bounce back and win by 14+....actually this play is more against ATL than for Indy...
    INDY -12.

Let me know what you guys think, Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!
    Last edited by patsfan2727; 11-20-07 at 08:23 AM.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

im all over the lions +3.5........................GREEN BAY HAS GOTTA LOSE.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    im all over the lions +3.5........................GREEN BAY HAS GOTTA LOSE.
    phew, I was sweating my pick there for a second....thanks for the reassurance bradley!

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

I LOVE GB

I can agree with the Jets, but I am not placing any money on that one.

And I disagree on the Colts - their kicker is rattled, where thee Falcons have Morton "Sure Legged" Anderson. With no Freeney on the link, look for Joey to have a field day and atleast cover the spread.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Love Green Bay and the Falcons looked horrible last week. It may be Leftwich but they did not look good at all.

tryintogetpaid

It WAS Leftwich.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by tryintogetpaid View Post
    It WAS Leftwich.
    So Leftwich was the only one responsible for the loss?

tryintogetpaid

2 INTs -- Almost 50% completion? NO TDs? 2 Fumbles (1 lost)?

If the Falcon's can not throw the ball -- they can not run the ball - which is the only thing going good for that team right now.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by tryintogetpaid View Post
    2 INTs -- Almost 50% completion? NO TDs? 2 Fumbles (1 lost)?

If the Falcon's can not throw the ball -- they can not run the ball - which is the only thing going good for that team right now.
    Agreed.

tryintogetpaid

Good to hear -- I just got into betting on sports - but I have always done fantasy football so its not too much different.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I'm lean on Det +3.5, Dal -14 and Ind -12 on turkey day.
    The past 3 years turkey day have been 7-0 by Fav. only dog I like this year was Det. Other 2 fav. will cover again I think.

WT.