bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Go PACK Go.
    All favorites tommorow.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post

WTF are you talking about? The Packers are giving up 217 yds per game through the air, that's respectable. They have very good corners. Saying they can't stop the pass and are so vulnerable against the pass seems odd.
    They are ranked 18th against the pass after playing the following teams ranked by their passing rank:

Eagles (11th)

Giants (20th)

Chargers (25th)

Vikings (31st) - Twice

Bears (14th)

Redskins (24th)

Broncos (13th)

Chiefs (17th)

Panthers (27th)

They haven’t faced one top 10 passing team and the closest is the Eagles, and all of you guys know their passing game consists of screens and dumpoffs to Westbrook.

And they were ranked 22nd going into the Vikings game 2 weeks ago. So they moved up four spots after playing the 31st and 27th worst passing teams in the league.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Packers should call it quits, cause no way they beat my Cowboys in the playoffs

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    well one thing is for sure

we'll see what your pretty boy QB is really made of. good thing he won't be a holder again!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I've got the Pack tomorrow, imgv. Perhaps, it is a trap game but I'm willing to take my chances. They are a better team on both sides of the ball. They are also two teams whose records are going in opposite directions at the moment...

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most stat predictors has GB covering at -3.5. Public: 73% on GB, Sagarin has GB winning by 5.45, Dr Bob on DET 2*. Good fade the public, take the home dog game.

strength of schd: Green Bay Packers 2.99 Detroit Lions 14.85

Green Bay Packers O(4) RO(30) PO(2)
    Detroit Lions D(24) RD(8) PD(30)

Detroit Lions O(14) RO(32) PO(7)
    Green Bay Packers D(12) RD(9) PD(19)

As usual, GB will look to Favre to pass thier way to victory, and DET will look to J. Kitna to do the same. Neither running game seems very productive and are against decent run defenses.

The line seems baited for you to go towards GB here with the Lions losing 2 in a row; however GB appears to be set up for a letdown game with DET pushing for a victory here. Smart money on DET, and I like DET as well at (+3.5); however this is a low value game.

GL to both sides.
    Last edited by jon13009; 11-22-07 at 12:01 PM.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

the more i think about it,green bay is gonna stomp the lions today.i thought the lions were the bet,but not anymore...........staying wayyyyyyyyy away from this game

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

This one is too close to call. I kind of like the points, as I've been a polar bear on the Pack all year long and gotten destroyed by it. However, I'll take the wins since they're my team despite the $$$ losses.

Detroit is starting to skid a bit lately and GB is starting to field a more complete game. The Minnie game to me really shows their focus and desire to keep winning. They also put together a complete game (mostly) offensively vs Carolina. The D got a bit sloppy and didn't deliver the pressure vs the QB that they have this season.

Also, inside this game is a mini-rivalry with Al Harris and Roy Williams that has been very fun to watch. Roy has had a dip in production vs Harris and hasn't been as big of a factor in recent games vs GB - at least in key situations.

I would love to see Woodson up against Calvin Johnson - as GB plays a TON of press/man to man coverage - and since the Lions play a TON of 4+ wide, it's going to play into GB's defensive strength and that's man to man with KGB and Kampman rushing the passer - and frankly, those 2 have been as good as any 2 bookends in the NFL at getting pressure this year on a CONSISTENT basis. Cullen Jenkins being knicked up and Johnny Jolly being out (although he's more of a 1st/2nd down player) isn't going to help, though. It should be interesting how the Lions adjust.

I think the biggest key to the game being Jarret Bush for GB and Shaun (the big nasty) Rogers for Det. GB did a super job (relatively speaking as they are premier players) on the Williamses in Min - I have reason to think that a similar or better effort to contain Rogers is going to be needed. Rogers is a 'game changing' player. But the big guy is Jarret Bush on GB. He's about the worst cover-corner I've seen since 'the great' Ahmad Carroll. Teams go after him and after him and have nothing but success. Also, GB's 2 safeties are better suited vs the run with Nick Collins still being hurt. Bigby and Rouse are not 'stand up and run with you' safeties. Not Roy Williams bad in coverage - but it's not their strength at all. That's a big concern with GB. Bush has been better the past couple of weeks, but there's a reason he's not starting and I think the Lions will abuse him often in their 3+ wide formations... Which puts it all on the GB pass rush.

I should note that man-to-man is GB's strength only because of Harris and Woodson. I havn't seen any other corners play as well as them this year. As all corners get beat - these guys make big plays on the ball and are both very heady veterans.

All in all there are too many 'ifs' in this game. I remember Mike (the pride of Rutgers) McMahon pick apart GB years back and Favre being immature in that game. Favre in domes, too... But there's something different about Brett this year and to a degree last year. He's really only had 1 game (vs the Skins) where he's played IMO the best of his career. To be honest, if the team is as mature as they've played and crisp as they have played all year - then I think it's impossible to bet against them... But it is Thanksgiving and stuff happens.

Again - too close to call... I slightly favor the points, but not enough to lay down the cash on a normal line. Teaser wager is probably how I'm going to play the game if at all today, favoring the over and taking the Lions + the juicy points.... And I expect to sweat it out on the final score.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Dallas has played noone with a winning record. They played a team with a winning record New England and got destroyed. I think it will be a good game next week GB and Dallas however I think GB will win that game.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Det does play good at home and they played some pretty good defense against the Giants in their last game. I think Det is gone come in a a little bit more focused because they need the game more than Green Bay and being at honme on a short week does help. I riding with Det on this one.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

like the Lions -3.5 small play any opinions on the over?

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMit View Post
    Dallas has played noone with a winning record. They played a team with a winning record New England and got destroyed. I think it will be a good game next week GB and Dallas however I think GB will win that game.
    No, dallas has played 4 teamd with a winning record and won 3 of them. Grenn bay has played 3 teams with a winning record, yea they won all 3 but dallas smoked the Bears and green Bay lost.

So next time try not to make shit up

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

The COMBINED record of teams dallas has played is not over 500 is what I was saying. SO I am not making shit up. Just wasn't specific sorry!! gl today on all the games... However there cheerleaders are HOT!!

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMit View Post
    The COMBINED record of teams dallas has played is not over 500 is what I was saying. SO I am not making shit up. Just wasn't specific sorry!! gl today on all the games... However there cheerleaders are HOT!!
    Neither is the packers, so you can go eat bag and gl.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I have 1 unit on the Lions and two on the over 46.5

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Made a horrible bet. Lions suck, season done for them.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

wow Kitna has zero pocket pesence this guy is a sack magnet. Any team that trades TD for FG = loosing sack of crap! Oh well, reload the gun... GO COWBOYS!!!!!

First 12