Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The AFC has come down a notch

This year the AFC was supposed to dominate again. With the obvious exemption of New England, who else has stepped it up? Indianapolis and San Diego are way down. This years surprise Pittsbugh just stumbled against the Jets. A look at the standings has Green Bay and Dallas better than any team in the AFC excluding New England. Thoughts...?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Jaguars and Browns have stepped it up in the AFC. Maybe they take the place of the Steelers and Chargers? Remember, the Colts are riddled with injuries right now. I think the AFC is still as strong, if not stronger with the likes of the Browns rising up.

Titans aren't to bad either.

Maybe you should say the AFC West is down.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Believe me, I know the Colts would be right on top barring injuries, but that's apart of the game. As far as the Titans go, they haven't done anything whatsoever this year to impress me. If, and the key word is if they make the playoffs they will be one and done.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Illusion I know San Diego has disappointed me too. I think AFC has gone down some but not an awful lot though.

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

I tend to agree with the idea that the gap between the conferences has narrowed.

Last year the top 4 AFC seeds were better than anyone in the NFC.

Though the very top of the AFC is still stronger, a glance at the 6 playoff teams in each conference (if the season ended today) seems closer.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The AFC just seems down this year because the Pats are handing out absolute whippings to almost everyone in the AFC. The Cowboys & Packers have good records, but if you put them in the AFC playoff bracket, it would be one and done for either team, IMO.

Don't get me started on powder-puff teams like Detroit, NYG, Seattle, etc. These teams couldn't finish over .500 if they were in the AFC.