onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Donovan McNabb a Bear next season?

Well with the struggles in Philadelphia and the well known problems at the quarterback position in Chicago. I guess this could happen.

Chicago Bears - Updated: 11/12/2007
    Donovan McNabb might have an opportunity to play for the Bears next season, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. The Eagles have been as bad as the Bears in the first half of the season and McNabb has taken the brunt of the blame for the 4-5 start. Fans are clamoring for rookie Kevin Kolb and McNabb would be as good as anyone the Bears have had at the position for decades.
    I guess McNabb couldn't be any worse then what the Bears have been dealing with the last few years.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

On the Philadelphia side of things.
    Philadelphia Eagles - Updated: 11/12/2007
    According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the debate about Donovan McNabb's future with the Eagles has officially started. The Kevin Kolb era is about to begin. McNabb went on record last week as saying he doesn't deserve all the blame for the team's 3-5 record. He also said that he wouldn't support Andy Reid if the head coach decided it was time to pull the plug on him as the starting quarterback.

buzzsawl
    buzzsawl's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb will either be with the Bears or Vikings. McNabb would be almost 2 years removed for his knee injury. He would be a great improvement for the Bears. Then all they would need is a RB and health. Back to the superbowl in 08.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by buzzsawl View Post
    Back to the superbowl in 08.
    I wouldn't go that far. Maybe back in the playoffs, but the Superbowl is a stretch.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Maybe back in the playoffs, but the Superbowl is a stretch.
    Unless the Dallas Cowboys franchise gets wiped off of the face of the Earth between now and next year, I don't see Chicago going to the Superbowl.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes I think he would find some success there. Would he get all butt hurt though about the pressure from the media? Playing for the Bears is still like playing for the Eagles or Giants. I'm sure he'd somehow make it a racial issue.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36705

He's finished. Players who rely on their legs as much as he did just don't recover from his type of injury, especially at his age. He won't be with the Eagles next year, but he won't be a success wherever he ends up.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Mcnabb to the Bears... might as well go w/Grossman or Griese
    Mcnabb is washed up!!
    if Mcnabb would of just dealt w/ T.O. ...Eagles would have a Superbowl under there belt...

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

It still would be a perfect fit, even if he's not the QB he once was. I would think everyone thinks he's a step up from what they got. The question would be how fast does he fall apart when he is there.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Feels like he would be like Dante Culpepper situation...
    Decent QB gets traded, maybe make team better...look what culpepper has done?
    Ditto for McNabb