bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adrian Peterson-OUT this week vs. Raiders

This sucks this week for my FF team, because he would have run roughshod against Oakland.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will miss Sunday's game against Oakland with a torn ligament in his right knee, coach Brad Childress said Monday.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    This sucks this week for my FF team, because he would have run roughshod against Oakland.
    me and you both, i have him in 2 FF teams and on one team he is my only good RB, the others suck.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I jumped on Raiders +6 early. I figured he would not play but wasn't going to wait for the MRI results to be released.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why do they say he is out this week? Will the torn ligament heal in two weeks? He is out of the season most likely.

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

I'm on board with the Raiders at +5.5. They've been competitive on the road (3-1 ATS, with only blemish courtesy a late SD TD in week 5). They may even be worth a money line bet.
    But I also think the under has to be the play. Neither team can score, especially with Peterson out, and the total has already dropped a point from opening at 36.5.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Why do they say he is out this week? Will the torn ligament heal in two weeks? He is out of the season most likely.
    It was his LCL, doesn't require surgery and will heal on its own. He was fortunate it was not something more serious. I still don't expect him to be rushed back though, they'll let him recuperate.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad he wont be out for the season, that would truly be a shame. I'm jumping on Oakland +5.5 in this one. The rushing game is all Minny has... can Taylor step up? He averages 5 per carry on the ground as well. Its amazing how well the Vikings rush offense has fared when you consider their passing attack has not spread the defense at all. Still, without Peterson, I'm on the Raiders

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Last week everyone was wondering how teams could have passed on him in the draft. This is the answer. We'll see if the injuries continue.

SBR Lou

Its hard to imagine anyone could have avoided some type of injury or swelling to the knee after the type of hit he took. I hope he isn't plagued with injuries throughout his career though, that would be a shame.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I like Oakland in this game, but what is to stop them from playing Russell?

They are the only team in the AFC west that is legitimately out of it. They have dropped 5 in a row and neither McCown or Culpepper have done anything to keep him on the bench.

They might as well get him experience on their way to another top 5 pick. If they start him it could be a very long day for Oakland because Fargas won't be able to run on the Vikings and Russell would be good for a couple of turnovers.

For the record that is the only thing keeping me off this game as of now.

Mannheiser
    Mannheiser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikes

I still like the vikings, and I am more than willing to lay the points. Sure, AP is out, but Taylor is getting 5 yards a carry, which is exactly what the Raiders give up on D. I think GB's 100yd rushing performance was more of a fluke than a norm, which should shut down the raider's rushing attack. That means the vikings have the edge in rushing on both O and D. Both Offenses have horrendous QB, which is a wash for me. However, the OAK QBs have more turnovers, which is huge. Plus, why is this line 5.5? It is to get everyone on the Oak side of betting. Vikings just got their asses handed to them, AP is out, and everyone is staying away from them. I am not.