Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Vinny Did Not Practice Today

For those looking at Atlanta/Carolina, Vinny T. did not practice today. Soreness in the ankle.

David Carr has been ruled out for Sunday - concussion (and playing like crap but they didn't say that!).

Coach Fox Comments:
    On if quarterback Vinny Testaverde suffered a setback: I wouldn't say setback. It (ankle) was a little sore, and we just elected to rest him.

On if Testaverde will start versus Atlanta if he is healthy: Day-to-day.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    For those looking at Atlanta/Carolina, Vinny T. did not practice today. Soreness in the ankle.

David Carr has been ruled out for Sunday - concussion (and playing like crap but they didn't say that!).

Coach Fox Comments:
    On if quarterback Vinny Testaverde suffered a setback: I wouldn't say setback. It (ankle) was a little sore, and we just elected to rest him.

On if Testaverde will start versus Atlanta if he is healthy: Day-to-day.

Who the hell do they have if Vinny doesn't start?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Who the hell do they have if Vinny doesn't start?
    Everything you ever wanted to know about:
    Matt Moore

Position QB
    Height 6-3
    Weight 202
    Birthdate 08/09/1984
    Hometown Valencia, CA

TRANSACTIONS
    Claimed off waivers by Carolina (9/2/07)...Waived by Dallas (9/1/07)... Signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by Dallas (5/14/07).

PRO
    Claimed off waivers by Carolina (9/2) after being waived by Dallas (9/1)...Completed 21-of-29 passes for 182 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions to generate a 100.1 quarterback rating during the preseason for the Cowboys...Originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by Dallas (5/14).

COLLEGE
    Played final two seasons at Oregon State...Started all 24 games he played for the Beavers...Finished career with 5,733 passing yards, which ranks fourth all-time in school history, with 29 touchdowns and 26 interceptions on 440-of-733 passing...Began career at UCLA... Played in 13 games with five starts for the Bruins...Completed 85-of-165 passes for 967 yards and four touchdowns with six interceptions...2006 (Sr.): All-Pac 10 honorable mention...Started 14 games...Completed 229-of-378 passes for 3,022 yards and 18 touchdowns with seven interceptions...Set an Oregon State record for the most consecutive pass attempts without an interception with 182 before having streak end in the Sun Bowl...Named MVP of the Sun Bowl after throwing for 356 yards and four touchdowns and rushing for one touchdown...2005 (Jr.): Started 10 games...Completed 211-of-355 passes for 2,711 yards and 11 touchdowns with 19 interceptions...2004: Attended the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, CA...Did not play football...2003 (So.): Played in eight games with four starts for UCLA...Completed 52-of-103 passes for 555 yards and two touchdowns with six interceptions...2002 (Fr.): Played in five games with one start...Completed 33-of-62 passes for 412 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions...Became the first true freshman quarterback in UCLA history to lead the Bruins to a victory in first start.

PERSONAL
    Attended Hart HS in Valencia, CA...Majored in speech communication at Oregon State...Selected as a third baseman in the 22nd round of the Major League Baseball Draft by the Los Angeles Angels in 2004.

My guess is they held Vinny out of practice so he could play on Sunday. They have no chance with Matt Moore.

Interestingly enough, it was November 19, 2006 - The last time the Carolina Panthers won a home game!!! That's not exactly defending the home turf, is it??

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Wow, I never thought I would like Atlanta in a game, but this is interesting. Even if Vinny starts what are the odds he finishes the game?

I may have to look hard at Atlanta in this one. Thanks for the info.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

The Falcons +4.5 is already one of my plays for Sunday.

NapoleonEli
    NapoleonEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    The Falcons +4.5 is already one of my plays for Sunday.
    Falcons str8up . I haven't seen anything from the Panthers to make me second guess this.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

CAR is in trouble....if I didn't hit my limit for the weekend, I'd throw some money against them.